Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAconomics » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DAconomics
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey, so's Woggy! The two of you oughta go hit a bowling alley!... Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-21-2003 14:04 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

beavis- "sluts are cool!" Pleased

Cool
05-21-2003 14:15 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

D I Y Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
No, I think some of these posts should be read,

If any constructive Ideas can come from them Great lets try them...

take any negative stuff that is true to heart, otherwise Ignore it & move on... like Terry said

... You have gone beyond the call of duty, and words cannot express my personal indebtedness to you. You have been gracious and understanding when we've hit a few snags, and you are wise to the economics of our situation and have the keen sense that this is indeed a "partnership" that goes far beyond a merely commercial enterprise. God bless you all, and a thousand 'thank yous' for all that you've helped us accomplish thus far. Because of you and God's faithfulness, we will continue to do what we do, and do it better than ever. I'm convinced it's going to be a fun and fulfilling year, and I want you to know that we've got a few surprises for you along the way.
Bless you in advance for making it possible.
Yours Under the Mercy,
Terry Scott Taylor

I went to a Living room concert put on by my neighbor (Steve Durben) across the street. the concert was ADAM MARSLAND

http://members.aol.com/karmafrog618/here2.html
June 2, 2003 -- House Party, Minneapolis, MN
( actaully June 3 -- Golden Valley Big Grin )

He talked alot about record companies / independent / clear channel / etc.
he has became a D I Y artist ( do it yourself ) & claimed it was going GooD for him, he is doing a one man coffee/bar/house tour now, check him out...

06-05-2003 08:12 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by audiori, May 20
quote:
Originally posted by carl
"Now" really means "now" this time, right? I won't have to feel like an burro yet again another 2-4 weeks from now for once again pleading to receive something everyone else (except the G'o'60, of course) got more than four months ago and was yet again promised to go out to me "now," right?

Now always meant now. [emphasis -- and business taken elsewhere the second I read that -- mine] The only reason the entire group of leftovers didn't go out before we left town was simply because we ran out of time.

By the way, it was originally something like 150 of them that didn't go out originally.. then a bunch went out sometime later when the money was there.. then we were down to the 60.. some of those went out before we left.

And so here we are, yet yet yet yet yet again, just about three weeks later.... Silly me.

Therefore: Never -- MIND. I just hired someone to burn the nadaed thing for me. Now.

06-07-2003 19:34 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

We started shipping them out when we said we did. The problem is, we also have

-tons of 77s fan club discs shipping out,
- tons of Roe fan club discs shipping out,
- tons of regular orders (that we're behind on since we went out of town) shipping out,
- plus, we're getting ready to start shipping Prickly Heat,
- and we're trying to finish a number of emergency pre-Cornerstone projects that we have to have turned in *immediately*.

Remember, to you it's simply waiting on one CD which is why its frustrating. But to us, its one CD out of literally thousands that we have to ship out right now. Many of which, we have to make by hand.

Don't worry - you'll get your fan club disc. You can pay extra for a second copy from someone else if you'd like. I wouldn't.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-08-2003 02:35 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

i guess you will ship both the Prickly Heat, Rosebud and Bottomline in one pacakge for people orderd all three ?

btw. what happend to the original discussion in this thread. about a possible 'investors fund' for a new DA album ? has the idea been forwarded to mr. terry taylor, or any other progress made ?
06-08-2003 08:38 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
We started shipping them out when we said we did. The problem is, we also have

-tons of 77s fan club discs shipping out,
- tons of Roe fan club discs shipping out,
- tons of regular orders (that we're behind on since we went out of town) shipping out,
- plus, we're getting ready to start shipping Prickly Heat,
- and we're trying to finish a number of emergency pre-Cornerstone projects that we have to have turned in *immediately*.

Remember, to you it's simply waiting on one CD which is why its frustrating. But to us, its one CD out of literally thousands that we have to ship out right now. Many of which, we have to make by hand.

Don't worry - you'll get your fan club disc. You can pay extra for a second copy from someone else if you'd like. I wouldn't.

I know you guys have a huge job. I'll stop complaining when I get my prickly heat Big Grin Actually, I'm not complaining. I need at least one TST project to look foreward to at all times.

06-08-2003 13:55 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

I hate to do this, but.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

But first, let's go from the bottom up on the current post....
quote:
You can pay extra for a second copy from someone else if you'd like. I wouldn't.

My benefactor & I had a good laugh over this line....
quote:
The problem is, we also have.... [long list of responsibilities that on another day and under different circumstances would justify the official position, if not for the fact that....]

....that's NOT the problem. Repeatedly being an understanding fan because you're performing a labor of love amidst hectic schedules and things out of control is one thing.

Denying the obvious -- and thus, in essence, calling me a liar -- is quite another. Which brings us to....
quote:
Originally posted by audiori [/I]
We started shipping them out when we said we did.
Let's roll that tape, Johnny....
quote:
Author of the Post, 1/6: I just got my Avocado Club disc (Volume 2.)

quote:
Audiori, 1/29 (after some discussion as to why some people had AC2 and others didn’t):
AC2s were sent with Hodgepodge whenever possible.. thats why some people already have them. The non-Hodgepodge purchasers will still be waiting on theirs, but those are going out right now. I think I only have a handful left to ship, which will probably go out today. [emphasis mine]

quote:
Me, 2/11:
Anyone else still not have this? There was a 1/31 [sic] post saying the last ones were going out. Should I send another e-mail (having not heard anything back on the first)? Should I keep venting? Will I get the girl? Will the girl get a dog? Will the dog get fleas? Will the fleas inherit the earth? Stay tuned....

(Note: As noted later, a couple e-mails to the webstore passed back and forth during the two months between the above and the below….)
quote:
Originally posted by audiori, April 5:
We basically have the view that you must recieve what was offered by the club before you have to renew no matter how long it takes or if it's not on time. If you are promised 2 CDs....you get 2 Cds, etc.

quote:
me, later that day:
Guess that means I STILL don't have to renew yet.... Big Grin Crying Big Grin Crying Big Grin Crying Big Grin Crying Big Grin Crying

quote:
Originally posted by audiori, April 6
You don't have the 2nd AC disc?

Did you join after the first disc was done and only have the second and should get the thrid?

Or joined before first one and still have not recieved 2nd?

If its that last option then there has to be a problem.. we can check on, and send another if need be.

quote:
me, later that day:
The last.... We exchanged e-mails about it a month or so ago, & you indicated then that you'd send another disk. [emphasis mine] I still don't have it, though.... I shot another e-mail about a week ago, but hadn't heard back.... and as indicated elsewhere, sometimes this route works better....

quote:

Originally posted by audiori, April 6
Our wires got crossed a bit.. my brother was under the impression that all of the AC2 discs were shipped. They haven't all shipped yet. We still have 60 or so that still need to go out. The store has not been able to afford to ship them any faster. The last week has been fairly good, so we may be able to get a lot of the remaining discs out. Sales have been poor from January through March, so what little has come in has gone to just keeping all of our heads above water. We've had nothing extra to put towards things like this... even shipping Hodgepodge was pretty rough. Barely got through that.

re: Carl's disc.
Your second copy is with the remaining CDs. I'm going over our March sales/bills right now - trying to get some bills paid - and I should know in the next day or two whether or not we can ship the rest of the club discs out. I'll let everyone know.

quote:
me, April 17:
....any further word as to when the "Gang of 60" might be released? Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by audiori, April 29
Yes, they are going out now. [emphasis mine] April has been a fairly decent month.

quote:
Originally posted by audiori, May 19:
I don't think any order has been delayed more than a week or so. Current orders may be delayed close to two weeks - only because we ran out before we went out of town. More arrived while we were gone and are shipping now.

quote:

me, later that day:
So does this mean the Gang of 60 will be liberated any day now too?

quote:
audiori, later that day:
Yes.. Many of them shipped out before we left town, the rest are going out now.[emphasis mine]

Which brings us back to....
quote:
Originally posted by carl, May 20:
"Now" really means "now" this time, right? I won't have to feel like an burro yet again another 2-4 weeks from now for once again pleading to receive something everyone else (except the G'o'60, of course) got more than four months ago and was yet again promised to go out to me "now," right?

quote:
audiori, later that day:
Now always meant now....

So.... do you STILL want to maintain this position?

In one way, I don't care, because I'm getting my disk from elsewhere and not putting myself in a position for this kind of discussion to ever happen again.

But if you truly don't see a problem here.... well, there really IS nothing left to say here, then, is there?....

06-09-2003 08:06 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Don't forget Stonehill. I'm still waiting for my Uncle Stonehill's hat from the webstore which I ordered before Easter. It was supposed to be an Easter present to my daughter. I am told it shipped and must have got lost. But it is now over 2 weeks since the webstore told me they would ship a replacement. No response from my email now. I am frustrated. As the saying goes, If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!
06-09-2003 10:36 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Frown

06-09-2003 11:50 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy
HEY CARL!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dude! I would watch it if I was you!

I don't know if you read my post about these guys (entitled: Last night I dreamt, Aloha), but they have powers we can't understand, powers we wouldn't understand, powers we couldn't understand, powers we shouldn't understand!

Beware the Polynesian Brothers Audiori!

I've only seen a little demonstration of their gifts, and I don't need to see more.

Bless you Audioris.

Humbly, Mahalo.

Zippetydoodaddy

August 2005
06-09-2003 12:24 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by beatlenut
Don't forget Stonehill. I'm still waiting for my Uncle Stonehill's hat from the webstore which I ordered before Easter. It was supposed to be an Easter present to my daughter. I am told it shipped and must have got lost. But it is now over 2 weeks since the webstore told me they would ship a replacement. No response from my email now. I am frustrated. As the saying goes, If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!

A replacement is being sent. We've got the office full of packages going out now... your US Hat has either gone out or is in the packages we're still putting postage on. W

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-09-2003 14:34 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Shocked

06-09-2003 14:41 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Administrator

quote:

So.... do you STILL want to maintain this position?

Yes. Fan club discs ship when we have the CDs (many times we only get a small number of discs at first, then have to wait for more, etc) and when we have the money to ship them. We included most of AC2 with "Random Acts" because we had no extra money to ship them by themselves. Everything we said above is true.. we've been shipping them out little by little as we have money. When we say things like "I think I only have a handful left to ship, which will probably go out today" it was wishful thinking. We did only have a handful left to ship - and did ship some of them but could not afford to ship them all.

Fan club discs are not a regular order. There is no guarantees about when they will ship. As I said above, they ship when we have them to ship and when we have money to ship them. We can't do anything else. We thought we would have had them all shipped earlier - and tried - but it was impossible. They will all be shipped ASAP - so everyone can get them before Cstone. I'm going to include some with Prickly Heat whenever possible - beacause we do have some shipping money reserved for those CDs and adding the fan club discs shouldn't add too much to the cost of the postage. (Although doubling the shipments by sending 2 Prickly Heats to everyone is gonna make it a little tighter than we had originally planned, but I think we can afford to do it...)

quote:

But if you truly don't see a problem here.... well, there really IS nothing left to say here, then, is there?....

As I said before, we have literally thousands of things that have to be made and shipped before Cstone. We're shipping them all out as fast as possible. Everyone wants these things in their hands a year ago. Some of them were late before they even got into our hands.. others have deadlines. There's no way we can make everyone happy here - if one item is shipped first, everyone waiting on the other items will complain. We've basically given up trying to keep everyone happy in these situations, because it is an impossible task.

(If we were millionares, maybe we could do it..)

06-09-2003 14:56 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

(If we were millionares, maybe we could do it..)

Shocked

ouch!

06-09-2003 15:00 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Fortunately.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....I had braced myself for that response. I had hoped for more, but at least my decisions of the last 48 hours have been affirmed with a vengeance....

The good news is: My dupe arrived today (bearing all of 60 cents' postage). And I had only asked for it SATURDAY.

Can you say "antithesis"? I KNEW you COULD..... Big Grin

06-09-2003 17:50 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
skcusnamrac
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 06-11-2002

quote:

Can you say "antithesis"?

nope, can't say it...that there'ns a tuff one to say witha mouth full of mashed taters. just ain't gonna happen.

anyone seen the c-man in concert lately?

it's been too long since I seen him last, I think I needs a c-man fix soon or I may not feel much like going out into the tater feilds and working my fingers off.

skcus
06-09-2003 17:56 skcusnamrac is offline Send an Email to skcusnamrac Search for Posts by skcusnamrac Add skcusnamrac to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

This is an awe inspiring post! The author could not have said it any better....
06-09-2003 18:02 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
The good news is: My dupe arrived today (bearing all of 60 cents' postage). And I had only asked for it SATURDAY.

Ask that person to ship you a few thousand copies.. see how long they take. That .60 cents adds up pretty quick. As does the time it takes to make each cover by hand.

06-09-2003 18:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Sorry guys for venting here. I know it is not your fault that my first disc was lost in the mail. I know you guys are just volunteers basically helping out the cause. Maybe you could get some kids to help. I ordered some CD's from Australia from the Paul Colman Trio fan website and the young lady got them to me in a week all the way from Australia! These kids don't have other jobs to interfere like us grown ups do Big Grin Not sure if she is high school or college age.
06-09-2003 19:04 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAconomics

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH