Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Box Set? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Box Set?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How about techno club remixes?

August 2005
05-21-2003 13:40 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
How about techno club remixes?

Yeah! We could get Scott Blackwell to do them... "What is being pounded into the souls of our young people?!?" thump! thump! thump! thump! thump! thump! thump!

I'm gettin a headache already...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-21-2003 13:42 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

quote:
Thats the big question... I have no idea but it would probably take a bunch of discs. If its entirely unreleased material it would take quite a few discs, if Terry wanted to try to include older albums like the Choir did - that would take a bunch. That might not be possible because of all of the legal problems it would bring up. I guess we'd probably stick primarily to the unreleased material - live tapes, demos, out-takes and alternate mixes, etc

who owns the rigths to release the different DA/SW albums ?
05-21-2003 13:49 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

(trying to act cool about it) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

please, please, please!

I can't wait! Big Grin

woooooooooooooo-hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Big Grin

05-21-2003 13:49 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

As long as... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As long as it's not like OPFWFH.

It's so hard to boil down 25+ years to one recording...

05-21-2003 13:57 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by dfroystad

who owns the rigths to release the different DA/SW albums ?

I'm not sure about all of them...

I think Terry owns everything for the first self titled album.

SA - I'm not sure about this one - I guess its Maranatha!.. there hasn't been a problem getting the rights in hte past so it may not be a big deal.

HD - Terry owns the songs themselves and many of the masters.. Larry of course owns the album as a whole. So.. this would be tough. We could easily include out-takes, demos, alternate versions and unreleased stuff - but including the album itself would take some negotiating. Especially if Larry puts out HD2..

Alarma! & Doppelganger - not sure.. Newpax is gone, so.. I don't know. Stunt released them before, so either Terry owns them or its easy to get the rights.

Vox Humana & Fearful Symmetry - One of these was a problem when we put out the book set.. I think it was Vox Humana if I remember correctly.. they didn't want us putting it on a disc by itself.

Darn Floor - KMG...

DA Bootleg 82 - Stunt

Kalhoun, Motorcycle, Bibleland, Songs of the Heart - Ojo Taylor.. He has pretty much already given permission for us to do what we want with these. Word distributed at least some of them - I don't know if they have any claim to any of them or not, but I don't think so.

PReachers from Outerspace - Stunt

A lot of this is from memory, so I could have something wrong - but I think this is correct. The main problem would just be with one or two titles I think.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-21-2003 14:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

Oops forgot the Eddies...

I'm really not sure who owns Lets Spin, or Outdoor Elvis.. It seems like KMG thinks they own them, but I'm not sure if thats correct or not.

05-21-2003 14:09 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

kmg sucks.... Frown

Cool
05-21-2003 14:13 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

KMG had some great stuff, not the least was they had a great AR guy who helped sign some cool artists.

05-21-2003 14:24 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso
KMG had some great stuff, not the least was they had a great AR guy who helped sign some cool artists.

yeah, then they won't let him re-release his own best albums that are now out of print....
and fans are forced to either pay a riduculous price for the original on e-bay or make an illegal cd-r....
i'll say it again, kmg sucks.... Frown

Cool
05-21-2003 14:50 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

For a boxed set I would again be willing to shell out money in a presale type fashion.

I understand waiting for a year to see the product. The quality of the product should always be a higher prority over the speed of delivery. I would have kicked in a few extra bucks or given up the shirt to see When Everyone Wore Hats in book form like Alarma.

Those of us that have been fans for 20 years understand that the wait is a part of the legacy.

Box set

Box set

Box set

05-21-2003 14:52 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso

yeah, then they won't let him re-release his own best albums that are now out of print....
and fans are forced to either pay a riduculous price for the original on e-bay or make an illegal cd-r....
i'll say it again, kmg sucks.... Frown

Hmm, that may be, but if they suck, someone is enjoying himself somewhere ...

05-21-2003 15:16 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

huh? Confused

Cool
05-21-2003 15:17 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Huh?

05-21-2003 15:20 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Huh?
05-21-2003 15:23 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

box set

box set

box set! Big Grin

Cool
05-21-2003 15:24 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by BD
Huh?

Oh come on BDasso, I was killing myself when I wrote that, and Joey replies with Huh?

Oh, I know that inappropriate sexual innuendo is probably in poor taste (no pun intended) but I thought that was pretty funny.

SP

05-21-2003 15:31 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

ohhh.... i was sort of thinking that, not out loud.... Big Grin

Cool
05-21-2003 15:35 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

I got it Stu, I was just playing along with the Huh?s rather than affirm your poor tasting sexual innuendo. I'm sure you don't want to swallow this kind of criticism. But it has to be done to keep this sort of thing down, and to avoid an uprising of the Richard Edwards of the DAmb.

BDasso
05-21-2003 15:42 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

quote:
Originally posted by BD
I was just playing along with the uh?s

heheheh

August 2005
05-21-2003 15:50 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Box Set?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH