Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Eleanor, it's raining » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Eleanor, it's raining
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Eleanor, it's raining Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's awesome to me how God used fire in so many ways to reach his people. From His very finger of guidance and protection for the wandering Israelites to eternal punishment to the comforting trout fire Jesus built to draw Peter close again.

What is the most meaningful fire in the Bible?

I'm inclined to believe it's either the flaming sword that keeps Eve and I out of paradise because of our sin or the one that stirs far above my head.

Thoughts?

August 2005
05-27-2003 17:40 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

uh... good song??? Confused

05-27-2003 19:16 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Matthew's everlasting fire ! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
What is the most meaningful fire in the Bible?
Thoughts?

Matthew 18, verse 8:
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

Matthew 25, verse 41:
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

05-28-2003 12:55 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Soul Kissin
unregistered
Its all about fire. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Bible says that "God is a consuming fire", I believe in Hebrews. I would argue that's the principle behind a lot of the fire imagery in The Bible.

God is indeed a burning fire, and if we don't burn with God's love, then we will burn because of the torture of God's love, which we don't want. Some say that is what Hell is: the torture to a soul, of God's love existing for them, when they don't want it.

And there's no room for lukewarmness in a fire; you either burn with the fire or get burned by it. With God, its all or nothing. We cannot serve God and manna. We are meant to be one flame with Him. Its a great calling; but its also a very hard calling sometimes. So, as The Bible says Christ learned obedience through suffering, so we need to learn it to. As Terry said in "Angels Tuck You In", it is our calling. Or as Randy Stonehill sings in "Stand like Steel":
"Nobody ever promised a garden of roses; nobody gets to Heaven without a fight."

God is gracious and loving; but we must always understand Him as a consuming fire, so that we can always evaluate if we are truly burning with love for Him, and our fellow man.
Because if we're not, we'll get burned. Smile
SK
05-28-2003 13:52
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

INTERPRETED Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Flame why do I come so close to you
Vain telling me what I shouldn't do
I saw you smoldering before
I let him burn me to the floor - Flame

Flame why do you paralyze my soul
Pain if I hold you or let go
There's nothing bluer than your heat
You make the night bleed at your feet - Flame

Break my fall into this wild fire of love
Stolen from dreams

Flame why do I dance so close to you
Stained with the longing of a fool
When fires rise the shadows fall
Over the edges where we crawl - Flame

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-28-2003 14:11 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

plus you need fire to light a cigar! Pleased

Shocked

Tongue

05-28-2003 17:47 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Eleanor, it's raining

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH