Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Album structure? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Album structure?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Album structure? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Did anyone ever notice Terry's tendency to have a welcome-to-the-new-album song at the start of DA albums. It is usually slightly disconnected from the main meat or theme of the album but kind of sits you down and gets your attention for the good stuff (ie Beat Menace, Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You, This Is The One, Banquet At The World's End, etc.) It's like the "Live from New York, It's..." of SNL

But more obviously is his use of a wrap-up song to close the albums. It's always a what-have-we-learned-today song that revisits the thoughts and themes of the album. These are most noticeable in MBD, Motorcycle and DFBB, but it's a very effective tv show approach to album continuity. Almost like Gilligan's "So this is the tale of our castaways..." closer.

Check me out. It's true.

August 2005
06-02-2003 19:46 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I definitely like how it worked out on Motorcycle.

06-03-2003 00:17 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
Did anyone ever notice Terry's tendency to have a welcome-to-the-new-album song at the start of DA albums. It is usually slightly disconnected from the main meat or theme of the album but kind of sits you down and gets your attention for the good stuff (ie Beat Menace, Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You, This Is The One, Banquet At The World's End, etc.) It's like the "Live from New York, It's..." of SNL

But more obviously is his use of a wrap-up song to close the albums. It's always a what-have-we-learned-today song that revisits the thoughts and themes of the album. These are most noticeable in MBD, Motorcycle and DFBB, but it's a very effective tv show approach to album continuity. Almost like Gilligan's "So this is the tale of our castaways..." closer.

Check me out. It's true.

It's the form perfected in albums like The Beatles "Revolver", "Sgt Pepper" and "The White Album" as well as Dylan's "Blonde on Blonde."

06-03-2003 15:28 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Album structure?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH