Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » First Post » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page First Post
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

First Post Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I went ahead and posted as on topic since this is about the DAmb.

lots of fun stuff to try.

It may take some getting used to. Confused

I'll give it a try for a while!

BD Evil

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 10-29-2003 07:46.

03-12-2002 22:33 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

how do you ... oh, never mind Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I just answered my own question. I was going to ask how you posted the faces, but now I see. OK, now to keep this DA related . . . DA rocks!!
03-13-2002 07:52 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
jc
Luteous Llama

first launch Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

if i am going to do all this- I guess I'll shorten my name to jc-
STILL JiMiNY criCket (on the inside)- but it'll be easier- and we live in a world of ease
...and thinking is the best way to travel (got it playin right now)
jC
03-13-2002 08:22 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork
heY JimInY Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This board will take some getting used to.

I like the ease of the other board, but this one has some fun options if you have the time. and I usually don't have allot of time nowdays .

BD Evil

03-13-2002 08:51 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

I got an idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BD-
Yes I agree- its a bit sucky at first-
but hey- I just heard YESTERDAY that like 47% of Americans like technical changes.
uhm- they never asked me!
JC

(I tried to color a part of this THREE times- I dont get it!
03-13-2002 09:21 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

for color there are 2 (or more) ways to do it:

click the BB CODE button to normal mode.

Type what you want to say. Highlight what you want a different color and pick the color.

If the BB CODE is on enhanced mode. Then you click the Color first, Type what you want to say. and then click Close Current Tag.

It's kind of a painConfused

BDEvil

03-13-2002 10:19 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jc
if i am going to do all this- I guess I'll shorten my name to jc-
STILL JiMiNY criCket (on the inside)- but it'll be easier- and we live in a world of ease
...and thinking is the best way to travel (got it playin right now)
jC

Ease? Ha, I "shortened" Coffee-boY to "Kaf-N-8ed"

Anyway, it certainly IS fancy.

Cheers!
Gus

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

03-13-2002 10:45 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by jc
BD-
Yes I agree- its a bit sucky at first-
but hey- I just heard YESTERDAY that like 47% of Americans like technical changes.
uhm- they never asked me!
JC

Yes, but don't forget "half of us Americans are below average..."

Big Grin
Cheers!
Gus

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

03-13-2002 10:47 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

I'm getting a headache trying to figure all of this out. Geez, there's way too much change in my life! I think this could be good, but it will take some getting used to.
LK-9

03-13-2002 10:47 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

are we line dancing??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I guess visually the "old Thread- kind of "indented in a readable way
but -like lk9- I'm just thankful to have a you say/i say
wheres woggy.....hummmmmmmm?
Jc
well here we are in color!!!!!

gimme a freekin smile!!!here we are in ANOTHA callA!
03-13-2002 11:10 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
lam77s
Mind Peach

uh oh... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What if I'm too stupid to use this?Confused
03-13-2002 11:38 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

I b here! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
[I] /i say
wheres woggy.....hummmmmmmm?
Jc
well here we are in color!!!!!

I've seen boards like this b4.............after you learn all the tricks, they're kinda fun. So, let's see how smart I really am (or THINK I am).
OH, YEAH, BABY..........THIS IS BOLD! Tongue

Oh, btw, to keep this DA related, - I really like DA! they ROCK THEY'RE COOL!

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

03-13-2002 11:57 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Atarah Atarah is a female
Dark Steamy Cabbage

what if i want to reply to woggy's post? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So what if my comment pertains to woggy, and not the intital post? how do i do that?
03-13-2002 13:28 Atarah is offline Send an Email to Atarah Search for Posts by Atarah Add Atarah to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

To reference the person you want to respond to... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Atarah
So what if my comment pertains to woggy, and not the intital post? how do i do that?

You hit the "quote" button.........which will reference the post you want to respond to. Otherwise, you can just put the person's name in your subject line.

This color is called "tomato"..........isn't it lovely?

Tongue

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

03-13-2002 15:05 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Official Impasto

Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Yes, tomato is lovely, but I like Orange-red, myself I think I may be getting a hold on this, but maybe not. Now, how do you put the smilies in the text?

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
03-13-2002 15:35 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Official Impasto

Yes, tomato is lovely, but I like Orange-red, myself I think I may be getting a hold on this, but maybe not. Now, how do you put the smilies in the text?

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
03-13-2002 15:36 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

sniff....a double post Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

kinda reminds me of the old DAmb....(wiping a tear from his eye)

ok, I know it's not dead yet. But it may be on the way out if woggy gets her way.

BD

Evil

03-13-2002 15:47 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
I'm getting a headache trying to figure all of this out. Geez, there's way too much change in my life! I think this could be good, but it will take some getting used to.
LK-9

Yes, K-9, too much! The Spyglass Blue board is like this too, I prefer the simple one... Evil

03-13-2002 17:57 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Not too bad... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The new board isn't as pretty as the old one, but I do like all the options (and being able to read replies to a message without having to click every single <insert your favorite adjective here> one). But how do I tell if I've read a message before? How will I tell whether I've read every brilliant bit available to read? (Cool, this is in color) If there's an answer to that question, I'll be a happy hobbit.
03-14-2002 09:48 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Read messages Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
But how do I tell if I've read a message before?

on the main page, if the button icons are gold, then there are new posts.

on the discussion page (the one that lists the various threads) the folders are red for new messages and yellow for no new messages. there is an icon description at the bottom of that page.

BD

03-14-2002 10:20 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » First Post

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH