Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Darn floor........ » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Darn floor........
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

Darn floor........ Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any idea as to when it will be rereleased on disc?
06-07-2003 11:47 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't know but when it is I'm buying ten copies.

06-07-2003 11:50 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

might buy another copy, already have one on CD Big Grin

06-07-2003 12:31 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by HEMISPHERICALHEADS
Any idea as to when it will be rereleased on disc?

We have another thread that's pretty much all whining about the lack of rerelease for DFBB...

Big Grin
06-07-2003 12:55 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

I want DFBB right now!

06-07-2003 13:07 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
I want DFBB right now!

Mines locked up and guarded by Pit Bulls.....try squidzits place Big Grin

06-07-2003 17:27 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Space Ghost
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 02-07-2003

DFBB is one heavenly album...truly an All-Time Fave for moi...and to think I only discovered its fullness a year or so ago!

SG

Makes the color of right

Gravity and distance
Change the passage of light
Gravity and distance
Change the color of right

06-07-2003 17:28 Space Ghost is offline Send an Email to Space Ghost Search for Posts by Space Ghost Add Space Ghost to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
I want DFBB right now!

Ditto

(#@&$ing 30-second rule!)
06-07-2003 17:54 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Why Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why do many of us obsess over this one?

The plus side for me:
- a great concept
- one GREAT tune (safety Net)
- some good tunes

The negative side:
- choppy music at times (Beat Menace, title cut)
- dissonant chords
- some tunes I don't care for
- not much variety of instruments

Maybe there are good reasons only 7000+ were sold. That said, it has grown on me over the years after an initial turnoff. I'm one of the privileged few who own the original CD, although it's pretty battered now.

I could use a new copy (with maybe a bonus track or two?)

Wink

06-07-2003 18:29 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
Why do many of us obsess over this one?

The plus side for me:
- a great concept
- one GREAT tune (safety Net)
- some good tunes

The negative side:
- choppy music at times (Beat Menace, title cut)
- dissonant chords
- some tunes I don't care for
- not much variety of instruments

Maybe there are good reasons only 7000+ were sold. That said, it has grown on me over the years after an initial turnoff. I'm one of the privileged few who own the original CD, although it's pretty battered now.

I could use a new copy (with maybe a bonus track or two?)

Wink

Maybe the reason it's obsessed over so much is that it's so hard to get... most of the other DA albums are much easier (and cheaper) to get...
06-07-2003 19:02 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

It is simply the best of the best. The beat menace rules. Any song that has an Eskimo sending a check to a televangelist has to rock right. DFBB is the best song ever written hands down. The lyrics are so mysterious at first but once you find out what they are about they are profound and jolt your brain no matter how many times you hear it. I have the tape in my truck and have not taken it out in three years. Every day as I drive to work I enjoy the greatness of it. I would never think of taking it out. The awkward songs are even more amazing than the smooth ones because Terry pulls them off in such a way that the songs would not sound right with even the slightest tweak or change. The lack of instrumental variety is actually a pluse for this one because you see exactly how versital DA can be without the help of odd instruments. I remember hearing an interview with Charley Peacock where he said that he liked to limit himself sometimes so he wouldn't be able to hide behind the music. He wanted to be able to create something that was not a sonic blast but rather an artistic experience that brought out the artist and let him shine. This is truely the CD where DA shines. It is the ultimate DA CD because it contains all the raw eliments that are DA. Anyone dare to disagree?

06-07-2003 22:08 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

well I'd buy it again
06-07-2003 22:30 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

We'd all love to see this rereleased ASAP.. and we have actually been trying to make it happen for quite a while now. I think it will happen eventually.. when a CD is owned by another company, they're usually not in much of a hurry to help us out.

When we do it, we're hoping to do it correctly. New booklet design with additional photos, liner notes, etc.. maybe a bonus track or two if Terry wants them.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-08-2003 02:39 audiori is online Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

I'll bite Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well...

I'll take your dare. DFBB is not so mysterious, because the liner notes say it all without even knowing Koko was the gorilla.

Beat Menace has cool lyrics but I'll say it again: it's choppy music, awkward in places, almost as if it was stitched together from more than one writer. DFBB, same thing.

The pan flute and squeeze box were nice touches by Greg, but I'd still like to see more variety - all the guys have great instrumental talent.

I'm not tearing down DFBB by any means. As I said before, it has grown on me over the years, and its sound is not dated even today. That's cool.

But I stand by my original points.

Smile )

06-08-2003 08:25 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Woolly Eggwhisk

Oh, and Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh, and Safety Net is one of the best songs Terry has ever penned, IMHO.

06-08-2003 08:38 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Take several shallow breaths!

This almost belongs in the argument dump.

I've never heard DFBB and don't know anyone (besides on thes board) who does. I discover new music by buying it and rely on this message board to figure out what I want to buy.

As far as I know,we don't even have CCM here that I can reliably get in my car (there are some weak repeater stations fro K-LOVE, but they barely are even audible throughout most of the region.)

We used to have a station out here that played great CCM and had a wild side show on Saturday night. I used to tape that show from the radio because I couldn't get to hear anything like it during the week. It was there I heard Daniel Amos (Travelogue) as well as Steve Taylor, Mylon LeFevre and others for the first time. It went off the air or got sold or something around 1989. Since then, music selection has been problematic.

Are some of you out in other parts of the US are actually getting to hear this wonderful off-beat Christian music without buying it first? Just curious.

06-08-2003 09:06 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
B Diddy
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve

Are some of you out in other parts of the US are actually getting to hear this wonderful off-beat Christian music without buying it first? Just curious.

in a word.....

NO
06-08-2003 11:17 B Diddy is offline Search for Posts by B Diddy Add B Diddy to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

I first heard the song DFBB on 17 Frontline Rock Classics which was a CD sampler. By then the CD was out of print and it was too late. Most everything I buy I have not heard so I do make mistakes but that's why there's ebay Big Grin

And John, while I do agree that the beat menace is a bit choppy I must admit that I like choppy. DFBB is not choppy as I see it. It seems to build and build until you hear that rocking guitar as terry sings "I can't get it right". I never get tired of that song because I am waiting for that part to come. The anticipation kills me Big Grin I could think of songs more choppy than the ones on DFBB. They can be found on John Wayne, Zoom Daddy, and Bibleland just to name a few. Actually, as I think about it...besides brittney spears who doesn't write choppy songs? Big Grin

06-08-2003 13:03 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

I'm not implying that brittney actually writes songs. What I mean is those who write songs for her. Oh nevermind... Big Grin

06-08-2003 13:04 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Disagreeing agreeably Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DA fans are generally both highly intelligent and highly opinionated.

This discussion is par for the course, isn't it? Evoking discussions of DFBB and a few others always seem to generate *interesting* discussions.

This is FUN. I don't take anything personally, and I hope no one else does either.

Smile )

06-09-2003 07:09 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Darn floor........

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH