Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Joel & Pentecost » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Joel & Pentecost
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Joel & Pentecost Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I preached out of Joel 2 this morning because of it being Pentecost Sunday. I also tied it all into Acts 2, of course. I played DA's Joel at the end of my sermon. We have a famous, former NFL & collegiate, football player that is a member of our church. As Terry was singing, "They will return to me," this man walked to the front of the church and knelt at an altar. This man was arrested with a felony charge this week. He is an awesome person with a lot of tough stuff going on in his life. I thought you all, and Uncle Terry, might want to know that a DA song was used by the Spirit of Christ today.
LK-9

06-08-2003 13:51 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Coolness.

06-08-2003 13:56 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
.GORT.
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 06-02-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Great report, K9!
06-08-2003 15:01 .GORT. is offline Send an Email to .GORT. Search for Posts by .GORT. Add .GORT. to your Buddy List
EH
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-30-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
...I thought you all, and Uncle Terry, might want to know that a DA song was used by the Spirit of Christ today.
LK-9

06-08-2003 15:04 EH is offline Send an Email to EH Search for Posts by EH Add EH to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I tell you, you must have the coolest sermons.

06-08-2003 18:22 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lost Canine

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I tell you, you must have the coolest sermons.

My sermons really aren't that cool. I just pull in a lot of stuff that has influenced me over the years (secular & sacred). I try to be creative.
LK-9

06-08-2003 18:23 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I like that you tie things like music or other current stuff to your sermons. Over the years at the churches I have gone to, not every priest has been a gifted speaker.

06-08-2003 18:24 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
I like that you tie things like music or other current stuff to your sermons. Over the years at the churches I have gone to, not every priest has been a gifted speaker.

Music, literature, and movies have influenced me so much. I cannot help but pull something from each or every into a sermon. I've thought about distributing cd's or posting to a site before. The Lost Canine Pointless Pontification Club, or something like that.
LK-9

06-08-2003 18:26 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

So do it.

Our new priest is a very good speaker. He's been here for almost a year now. Our last priest was the most boring speaker and spoke at a First Grade level. However, he was the nicest guy you'd ever meet.

06-08-2003 18:29 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

Maybe I will. Anyone one want to join the Lost Canine Pointless Pontification cd club?

06-08-2003 18:32 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Maybe I will. Anyone one want to join the Lost Canine Pointless Pontification cd club?

Dunno about a CD club... but I'd be willing to put transcripts of my sermons up somewhere. I'd been thinking of doing that on my web page but never got around to it.

06-08-2003 20:16 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Shemp
unregistered

quote:
I preached out of Joel 2 this morning because of it being Pentecost Sunday. I also tied it all into Acts 2, of course. I played DA's Joel at the end of my sermon. We have a famous, former NFL & collegiate, football player that is a member of our church. As Terry was singing, "They will return to me," this man walked to the front of the church and knelt at an altar. This man was arrested with a felony charge this week. He is an awesome person with a lot of tough stuff going on in his life. I thought you all, and Uncle Terry, might want to know that a DA song was used by the Spirit of Christ today.
LK-9

Woof!
06-08-2003 21:42
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

We want the LCPP!

06-08-2003 22:22 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

quote:
So do it.

Our new priest is a very good speaker. He's been here for almost a year now. Our last priest was the most boring speaker and spoke at a First Grade level. However, he was the nicest guy you'd ever meet.

Ohh Grand Encephalon!

I'm not as edumacated on many of the different branches of the religion tree as I should be. So when I read about your "priest", I'm thinking Catholic. Not that there's anything wrong with her. Am I right or are there other denominations that have priests?

August 2005
06-09-2003 12:34 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Let's not Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Boy if this doesn't open the proverbial can. Okay.

Priests can be Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Episcopalian, or Anglican.

This division of clergy & laity though is very troublesome to me. Doesn't the book of Hebrews teach us that every Christian is a saint as well as a priest? That makes us ALL clergy. Pastor/teacher is biblical, so are elders, deacons, apostles, evangelists, etc. That's as far as the Scriptures go.

I understand and agree with the points Terry makes on nonessential theological differences. But terminology in this case is crucial, as it shows our understanding of what a Christian's stand is before God.

06-09-2003 14:05 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

To the Argument Dump Please Red Face

06-09-2003 14:11 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

COWARD! It started out as DA related.

I'm the son of a Priest. In fact the old man was a Venerable! Had cool robes even.

DA tie in, he agreed with the title of Horrendous Disc.

06-09-2003 14:24 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Big Grin I love you too Big Grin

06-09-2003 14:29 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

I'm chokin up, with all this love.

06-09-2003 14:48 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

I love you
You love me
We are a DAmb family
Who like to post a lot of junk
And stuff Barney in the trunk Big Grin

06-09-2003 14:51 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Joel & Pentecost

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH