Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Miracle Faith Telethon of Lurve » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Miracle Faith Telethon of Lurve
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Miracle Faith Telethon of Lurve Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got the CD of this today. I had an illegal cassette copy but now I have a nice crisp legal CD.

Ahhh.

Love ghost riders. I sing it at work and people look at me saying "But you hate country?" and I say "I'm singing the alt-rock version." Then my workmates tell me with singing like mine I should give up my day job.

I have an idea for Telethon II. The wacky fan letter has only appeared on mp3.com and the cassette of Berry Vest - why not put it on Telethon II?

05-15-2002 20:41 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

I have an idea for Telethon II. The wacky fan letter has only appeared on mp3.com and the cassette of Berry Vest - why not put it on Telethon II?

I'm all for thatCool

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
05-15-2002 20:53 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick
quote:

I'm all for thatCool

Ya! We would love it here in Dallas! Wink

05-15-2002 21:22 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
I just got the CD of this today. I had an illegal cassette copy but now I have a nice crisp legal CD.

Ahhh.

Love ghost riders. I sing it at work and people look at me saying "But you hate country?" and I say "I'm singing the alt-rock version." Then my workmates tell me with singing like mine I should give up my day job.

By the way... where did you find it on CD?
and for how much? (if you don't mind me asking)

05-15-2002 21:23 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Thread Starter Thread Started by Andrew
cmp.com.au Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

[/QUOTE]

http://www.cmp.com.au

It has been there for about 2 years. I have been slowly saving up to the point where I could afford the $NZ125 ($US50)

They may have Let's Spin - I think.

05-15-2002 23:07 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:

Ahhh.

I love Ghost Riders! I mixed JC's ending on to it right as Terry is fading out, ol Johnny starts in....Yippy Yi Aye

Big Grin
BD

05-15-2002 23:18 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

One of the first cds I ever bought. Pleased Not that it's the best TST project to ever come out, it just came out around the same time I bought my first cd player. Smile ) I never bought DFBB on cd because my tape played just fine and I had a tape player in my car then. Arrrgggh!!! Frown

05-15-2002 23:25 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
One of the first cds I ever bought. Pleased Not that it's the best TST project to ever come out, it just came out around the same time I bought my first cd player. Smile ) I never bought DFBB on cd because my tape played just fine and I had a tape player in my car then. Arrrgggh!!! Frown

yeah, why spend the extra money? Confused

I passed up on OE the first time I saw it. I only had enough money for one CD......so I went with something else. I can't even remember what I bought, that's how good it was. A few years ago I finally got OE on cassette, and last year bought a sealed copy off ebay (I'm not going to say what I spent). Now I don't hesitate, if it's there, I get it.

BD

05-16-2002 10:59 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Über Parrot
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-20-2002
Location: I am Right.........all the time! Repent you lost sinners. Stop your swearing and cussing and drinking and R movies and smoking and laughing and having fun and those stoopid smiley faces

Ebay is a rip off! any one who buys from ebay is stooopid.

No money goes to the artist, so why even buy it?

05-16-2002 12:15 Über Parrot is offline Send an Email to Über Parrot Search for Posts by Über Parrot Add Über Parrot to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

alright uber baby Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

nice debut, calling ebay patrons stoopid...

FYI big guy, the artist already got the money when the item was originally sold-

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
05-16-2002 12:24 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Über Parrot
Mind Peach

Location: I am Right.........all the time! Repent you lost sinners. Stop your swearing and cussing and drinking and R movies and smoking and laughing and having fun and those stoopid smiley faces

quote:
Originally posted by ™

FYI big guy, the artist already got the money when the item was originally sold-

I spelled it that way on purpose....to make a point.

Über

05-16-2002 12:27 Über Parrot is offline Send an Email to Über Parrot Search for Posts by Über Parrot Add Über Parrot to your Buddy List
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by Über Parrot
quote:
Originally posted by ™

Über

he's drunk folks...

he's drunk...

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

05-16-2002 14:28 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Ebay stupid? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wait a minute there, Mr. Donna Nietche. If what you said was not tongue-firmly-implanted-in-cheek, I'm going to take exception. If you understand just a little how to play the game you can snap up some incredible deals on items that just simply aren't available anywhere else.

I got a copy of Neverhood game for about $35. (Not even the Neverhood people can get the game now.) I picked up a Wonderama CD for $10. I've picked up Adam Again, Choir, and Tom Howard items for very reasonable prices. And it doesn't just apply to music. Just establish a price in your head you absolutely won't go over, and I guarantee you'll never get taken. You may not get a huge percentage of what you bid on, but that's the price of caution.

Really, I have been very blessed by the things my wife has been able to get from Ebay, all at prices at or below what I was willing to pay.

I AM sorry the band doesn't get dime one from Ebay. It's a good Biblical concept - the worker is worthy of his wages. But believe me, it WON'T reduce my $ commitment to the band. If any when the re-issues come out, I look forward with great anticipation - they are brand new and often have bonus items anyway.

05-16-2002 17:16 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ™

Über

What point is that? That you can't spell? Big deal, I can't spell either!
Red Face

05-16-2002 21:30 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Über Parrot
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ™

Über

he's drunk folks...

he's drunk...

I don't Drink.

Ü

05-17-2002 14:25 Über Parrot is offline Send an Email to Über Parrot Search for Posts by Über Parrot Add Über Parrot to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Ebay is a rip off! any one who buys from ebay is stooopid.

No money goes to the artist, so why even buy it?

I don't like to pay (and I won't) the huge prices that some CDs (ie DFBB) but an auction does show what people ARE willing to spend (even if it's not me Smile )
so in that sense ebay is very fair. I don't like it, but it's really far from being a rip-off.

05-17-2002 16:41 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

http://www.cmp.com.au

It has been there for about 2 years. I have been slowly saving up to the point where I could afford the $NZ125 ($US50)

They may have Let's Spin - I think.

[/QUOTE]

wow... that's a bit rich for my blood Smile

05-17-2002 16:42 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ™

Über

he's drunk folks...

he's drunk...

I don't Drink.

Ü

maybe you should Pleased

05-17-2002 16:43 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

we cool, hunny bunny, say it! say we cool... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ah! that is wicked funny! that and the "fruity the Tuxedo Clad Megastar" made me frickin laugh out loud

-------------- well whoever you are, U.P., i hope you're either joking or REALLY REALLY thick-skinned. in fact, if you are indeed serious, kudos for not going COMPLETELY ballistic already! i applaud you at least, even if not your views -------------------

*tsk* you guys are merciless - what a pack of wolves! it's lucky for you that you're funny too -- humor covers a multitude of sins..................... doesn't it? Wink
05-17-2002 17:52 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

wait a minute...... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

what would a guy like Uber chicken be doing a the DAmb?!

-Hey.........................................................
my train of thought may still be loading at the station but it doesn't make sense. It must be a put on-

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
05-17-2002 18:06 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Miracle Faith Telethon of Lurve

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH