Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » BBQ!!!!!!!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page BBQ!!!!!!!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy
The Golden West Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Y'all should plan your vacation to California around August 1st.

You've heard of the Seinfeld tour put on by the "Real Kramer", well this is the Daniel Amos tour, where you can live the ultimate DA experience!

All DAmbers interested (and attending) will get a "Star Map" of sorts with some major TST landmarks mapped out for your own personal Stalker Tour. In just one weekend you can visit Buffalo Hills (yes, it's a real place) where Terry and Ed took their kids for little league games, walk the campus of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa (The Carnegie Hall of Christian venues) where it all began, stroll Olvera Street to sample those wonderful taquitos, interrupt the mighty grunion's life course, light candles at the Fabulous Green Room in Huntington Beach (Ok, so it's a surf shop. They sold Gene's house, whaddaya want from me), stand at the feet of John Wayne and beg for supplication, avoid the needles as you body surf Capistrano Beach, stop at the Mystery Spot, listen to Scully in Bakersfield, eat the Chili Onion Supreme at Wally's Weiner World, and take the California Aqueduct on down to Disneyland!

This is the road trip you'll tell your grandkids about.

All this with a Terry Taylor/Mike Roe Backyard BBQ in the mix? How could you go anywhere else?

E-mail me if you're on your way.

August 2005
06-23-2003 12:26 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Are we doing all that other stuff on the 2nd?

06-23-2003 15:23 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Smile )

Cool
06-23-2003 15:24 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by .backs.
Are we doing all that other stuff on the 2nd?

If we can get a group, we'll take the abbreviated tour on Saturday. How does Calvary Chapel sound for church on Sunday? I bet we can get Chuck Smith to mention us from the pulpit and have us stand. Cool

The offspring of the Jesus People in da house!!

Otherwise, I'll give you the self-led tour itinerary and a swift kick. Big Grin

Remember, one lucky winner will win lunch at Old Olvera Street on Saturday. More prizes to be announced soon.

August 2005
06-23-2003 19:55 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

My pastor is a good friend of Mr. Smith if we need some help.

06-24-2003 16:39 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

NICE!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Does anyone else find some of Chuck's connections of scripture to DA songs on The Revelation a little contrived? a bit of a stretch?

I get to wondering.

August 2005
06-24-2003 16:43 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

This is cool. I'm looking forward to this.
06-24-2003 16:43 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

The BBQ - not the contrived scipture.
06-24-2003 16:44 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

i couldn't answer your question, Zippety. i would have to go back and listen. Generally i can't get past "Soon" on that album. i'll play it over and over and over.

06-24-2003 16:48 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

That's one of my favorite songs too. I'm amazed at Terry sometimes (well - most of the time)
06-24-2003 16:50 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Ditto Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

.skcab. ,

me too, man. me too.

August 1st come quickly. Soon.

August 2005
06-24-2003 16:51 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Terry can now add another verse to "Here He Comes, Second Time." Hundreds of DAMB idiots imploring the Lord to wait until we have had our bbqs...

06-24-2003 16:57 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

LOL!!!! Big Grin

August 2005
06-24-2003 17:05 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

That is funny. Although all the autographs probably won't matter much on the other side.
06-24-2003 17:06 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by brd2yrmother
That is funny. Although all the autographs probably won't matter much on the other side.

Good point. But, that said, I guess they don't matter whichever side you're on!

Stop me if you've heard it before, but I used to be the world's most ravenous U2 fan. I had the biggest worship thing going for Bono.

But then at one concert, I stood there with my hands in the air, singing at the top of my lungs "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", when it hit me.

I get embarassed at church when others raise their hands. I never raise my hands because I would look dorky (no offense BD). But here I am giving a greasy little mick all my love and praise. What's wrong with this picture?

At that moment, I dropped my hands and gave it up. It didn't feel right anymore.

I'm still excited to meet Terry and enjoy his show, but now I'm very cautious not to give man the praise that God deserves.

How's that for a killjoy?

August 2005
06-24-2003 17:30 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Garth
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 06-20-2003

quote:

autographs for the sick-o's.... they want to touch you...Shocked

06-24-2003 17:34 Garth is offline Send an Email to Garth Search for Posts by Garth Add Garth to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Very cool. And I understand.
06-24-2003 17:34 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by Garth
quote:

autographs for the sick-o's.... they want to touch you...Shocked

AAAAHa!

So Garth, you do know some of the New Wave Crap you so vehemenently abhor!

August 2005
06-24-2003 17:36 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

you didn't kill anything. good thought.

06-24-2003 17:40 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

I saw a dead rabbit on the way to work today (I bicycle)
06-24-2003 17:44 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » BBQ!!!!!!!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH