Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Most influential album cover.... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Most influential album cover....
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Most influential album cover.... HEMISPHERICALHEADS 06-10-2003 18:42
 RE: Most influential album cover.... zippetydoodaddy 06-10-2003 18:56
 RE: Most influential album cover.... Stuart Pedasso 06-10-2003 19:12
 RE: Most influential album cover.... HEMISPHERICALHEADS 06-10-2003 20:31
 RE: Most influential album cover.... dennis 12-18-2004 11:29
 RE: Most influential album cover.... skcusnamrac 06-10-2003 20:33
 RE: Most influential album cover.... BD 06-10-2003 20:35
 RE: Most influential album cover.... Gamgee 06-10-2003 23:04
 in all honesty... somehypocriticalChrist-ian 06-10-2003 23:28
 RE: Most influential album cover.... arcticsunburn 06-10-2003 23:36
 RE: Most influential album cover.... Jevon the Tall 06-10-2003 23:43
 RE: Most influential album cover.... arcticsunburn 06-10-2003 23:45
 RE: Most influential album cover.... dorfsmith 06-11-2003 00:53
 RE: Most influential album cover.... Soul Kissin 06-11-2003 13:08
 RE: Most influential album cover.... dennis 12-18-2004 11:35
 RE: Most influential album cover.... Dr Rich 06-11-2003 14:44
 RE: Most influential album cover.... BD 06-11-2003 15:22
 RE: Most influential album cover.... dennis 12-18-2004 11:37
 RE: Most influential album cover.... Gamgee 06-11-2003 15:53
 RE: Most influential album cover.... jiminy 06-11-2003 16:16
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

Most influential album cover.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What in your opinion is the Da/Eddies/Taylor/etc. LP cover that really made an impact on you or someone you know?

For me it was "Song's of the Heart".
I remember seeing it one day at the bookstore with a friend of mine. He never heard of anything written by Terry Taylor before. I notice,"Wow Daniel Amos new Disc" my friend picks it up and looks at me, "You've got to be joking right?".... I will admit to that era being right around the time I was just getting into DA, so the "heart" disc sort of scared me a little too...I now look back and laugh. Also this friend of mine has just about everything that you can get by Terry and the rest. There is a moral to the story.... Big Grin
06-10-2003 18:42 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

History has yet to reveal it's influence, but Mr. Buechner's Dream should have won Ed a Dove.

Splitters!Mad

August 2005
06-10-2003 18:56 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Strange, how we respond to visuals. I thought that the art on the last album was the weakest of them all. It looked like a piece of photoshop clip art. I don't know, it just seemed generic.

DA has had some good ones, FS is haunting, and Motorcycle, and others. But I don't know ...

In terms of albums, I remember being 14 and seeing the sticky fingers album for the first time. You know the Stones with the zipper? What was behind that zipper? I had to know ... but dang it was covered in plastic ... what lurked beneath?

06-10-2003 19:12 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by HEMISPHERICALHEADS

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso

In terms of albums, I remember being 14 and seeing the sticky fingers album for the first time. You know the Stones with the zipper? What was behind that zipper? I had to know ... but dang it was covered in plastic ... what lurked beneath?

I always wondered that too. Then remember in '84 the LP the Stones did "Undercover" i think. It had Jane Mansfield on the cover naked with stickers stratigicaly placed. I bought it and still have it sealed. All the stickers intact, because of that darn cellophane. Does anyone now what was under those stickers? I wonder if it'sworth anything?
06-10-2003 20:31 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by HEMISPHERICALHEADS
quote:

I always wondered that too. Then remember in '84 the LP the Stones did "Undercover" i think. It had Jane Mansfield on the cover naked with stickers stratigicaly placed. I bought it and still have it sealed. All the stickers intact, because of that darn cellophane. Does anyone now what was under those stickers? I wonder if it'sworth anything?

On the stones cover it's wacky things... not Jane's parts!Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 12-18-2004 11:30.

12-18-2004 11:29 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
skcusnamrac
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 06-11-2002

nevermind
06-10-2003 20:33 skcusnamrac is offline Send an Email to skcusnamrac Search for Posts by skcusnamrac Add skcusnamrac to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

^loser

quote:
It looked like a piece of photoshop clip art. I don't know, it just seemed generic.

I'll have to look for it, but I know I've got the tree photo somewhere. I think it came as a sample in Photoshop Shocked
06-10-2003 20:35 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

I've always liked this cover:

06-10-2003 23:04 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
somehypocriticalChrist-ian
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-22-2003

in all honesty... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i'd have to say Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor's...
06-10-2003 23:28 somehypocriticalChrist-ian is offline Send an Email to somehypocriticalChrist-ian Search for Posts by somehypocriticalChrist-ian Add somehypocriticalChrist-ian to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Doppelganger.

06-10-2003 23:36 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

At the time when Doppleganger came out on CD it was one the BEST examples of cohesive CD packaging in my collection. It's still one of the best. Good reminder AS

06-10-2003 23:43 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

You bet'cha.

06-10-2003 23:45 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Motorcycle is great because of all the detail and coolness. I also like Knowledge and Innocence and zoom daddy.

06-11-2003 00:53 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Soul Kissin
unregistered

I can look at the cover of the Beatles' Abbey Road all day, and not get bored by it.

Another great cover is Randy Stonehill's "Wonderama", a terrific Taylor-produced album.

BTW, I like the cover of Buechner's Dream. Its like tall redwoods reaching all the way to the sky touching God.
SK
06-11-2003 13:08
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Kissin
Another great cover is Randy Stonehill's "Wonderama", a terrific Taylor-produced album.

I need to get this one at some point.

12-18-2004 11:35 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
What in your opinion is the Da/Eddies/Taylor/etc. LP cover that really made an impact on you or someone you know?

I remember seeing it one day at the bookstore with a friend of mine. He never heard of anything written by Terry Taylor before. I notice,"Wow Daniel Amos new Disc" my friend picks it up and looks at me, "You've got to be joking right?".... I will admit to that era being right around the time I was just getting into DA, so the "heart" disc sort of scared me a little too...I now look back and laugh. Also this friend of mine has just about everything that you can get by Terry and the rest. There is a moral to the story.... Big Grin

I didn't buy soth because of the cover! Shocked

06-11-2003 14:44 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

aaahhhhhhhhhh Shocked
06-11-2003 15:22 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:

aaahhhhhhhhhh Shocked

Oh... I already said that! Tongue

12-18-2004 11:37 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
quote:

Roll Eyes
06-11-2003 15:53 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

STICKY FINGERS?
It was white briefs- not boxers. (used to own it)
Andy went on to say though a slick idea
in the end it was rather stupid
the brass zippers caused the next jacket in the bin to become scratched- terrible marketing idea- and no one wanted to put it in their stack at home.
Same with Small Faces Ogden Nut Gone Flake- a round jacket-
you couldnt display it on those old wire racks- and they tended to "roll" whenever placed on edge.

Oh-impact? - I always liked Shotgun angel- the truck was a bit to "hip" to be an antique.

(and a biiiggg cut above the debut- airbrushed faces alweays look a lil scarey...)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-11-2003 16:16 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Most influential album cover....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH