Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New CCM Lists..... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New CCM Lists.....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok, for arguments sake then, who specifically glows with warmth in today's ccm. I don't think Project 86 glows with warmth. I don't think that Sixpence glows with warmth. No, let me change that, they are really terrific. They both put out intelligent lyrics and great music within the genre they play. So lets hear it. If it glows with warmth, prove it, mind you don't pick old stuff like the old MWS, or Amy Grant or newer Petra or the Tuxedo Clad Megastar, we already know about that. And I'm not talking about motives or whatever, that's the CCM machine, not the artists.

06-27-2003 21:06 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My compass points to the old styled stuff for the most part. So like you driver I miss the old stuff, but a lot of the old farts are still around if not commercially viable.

Where are you from to remember Quickflight? The main guy and I are old friends, and he's as tall as me. One day Starsong will reissue their last album on CD hopefully.

06-27-2003 21:12 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

It all sucks! Sixpence is an exception, but the rest of the crowd is "trying" to sound like their secular counterparts. I just don't feel any "love" for the music now a days....I feel it's just shoved out as quick as possible without any thought. I guess the same goes for secular music...it's very rare to find a person or band that "feels" thier music. Hey I haven't listened to much CCM in the past 2 or 3 years...I don't wanna argue, it's just my feeling. Send me a list of CCM artists that can compare to the list I gave on my previous post and I'll check them out. There may still be hope for a few....and I don't believe the artists are at fault, I believe the record companies just want to sell...sell....sell.

06-27-2003 21:13 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
My compass points to the old styled stuff for the most part. So like you driver I miss the old stuff, but a lot of the old farts are still around if not commercially viable.

Where are you from to remember Quickflight? The main guy and I are old friends, and he's as tall as me. One day Starsong will reissue their last album on CD hopefully.

Dude! Quickflight was awesome!!!!!The only album we had was Decent Beat....I miss it so much! I just can't feel this new CCM stuff...I'm not trying to be harsh but I just don't get it.

06-27-2003 21:17 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

I know where we are all are coming from but I guess what I want to know is are we just a bunch of aging grandpa's sitting around rememebering the good ol' days or are we actually basing it on some knowledge. So you say it all glows with warmth ( well, now except for Sixpence) so I want to know what specifically you think glows with warmth. I think a lot of it does too, but I also think there is a lot of good stuff out there too, just like DA and all the others "were" there, back in the day.

06-27-2003 21:20 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Maybe your right....I'm just back in the day. I really can't name names because I don't know anyone anymore. I go to Zondervan and listen to the samples of some new stuff, and I just don't feel it. I guess I'm stuck in the past...and as far as GrandpaMad don't go there! I'm only 29! Which makes my like for old CCM a little strange I guess. But I don't care for a lot of new secular music either....I still really enjoy Classic Rock...ya know...Pink Floyd, Boston, Styx, REO, Beatles etc....

Big Grin

06-27-2003 21:26 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

I remember Ric getting grief when Fade to Glory was pigeon holed as sounding too much like Der Kommissar (or something like that) for Falco (and AFT) and he was totally offended. So he was categorized as sounding like "those" bands in the secular arena.

He was ahead of his time, and Decent Beat should have been the beginning, but the band splintered and he was the main creative force, and was shopping his demos which were pretty bloody good too, but no bites.

This thread reminds me of a arguments me and my uncle would have as to why BTO and Kiss rocked and why bands like CCR and Iron Butterfly had had their day ... music wasn't the same anymore he argued.

06-27-2003 21:27 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

I'm only 31 and only in the past year or so have i come to realize that i've moved past the "cutting edge" of music, not to say that i was ever at the cutting edge, just that i've just realized it. There is a lot of junk though, don't get me wrong Smile

06-27-2003 21:30 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
Fade to Glory

Do you know where I can get copies of old Quickflight?Frown

I really miss that albumCrying

06-27-2003 21:30 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
I'm only 31 and only in the past year or so have i come to realize that i've moved past the "cutting edge" of music, not to say that i was ever at the cutting edge, just that i've just realized it. There is a lot of junk though, don't get me wrong Smile

I hear ya brother! Big Grin

I miss QuickflightCrying and VectorCrying

06-27-2003 21:35 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

I've never heard QUickflight, heard of them though. Vector I didn't hear till they were releasing their stuff on the double cassettes about 8 years ago.

06-27-2003 21:38 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Definition: Quickflight = ahead of the times...

Sorry you never heard them....you really missed out on some innovative stuff! Really it sounds crazy but I feel sad sometimes because I miss that Quickflight cassette my brother "had".

06-27-2003 21:42 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Commander Cote

I think (like most here) that most of the stuff in CCM Magazine is more market driven than most stuff. I guess it's a real sad day for what we have called Christian music for years when it becomes all about
who's selling the most. I don't know, I just sitting here typing and trying to think at the same time. Getting back to the beginning of the thread, I guess I'm just disgusted with what CCM has become since the mid 80's. I feel it used to be a source where I could read reviews about ground breaking music, as opposed to now, where we read about who's jumping on the "Next Worship CD". There's obviously nothing wrong with worship music, but, I feel like people are just seeing that it sells and figure "Well we better do one too". I may be wrong, but, that's just what I feel right now. And of course being a DA fan since 78, I guess I'm just blown a way that they never got the noteriety they deserve.
Talk about influential, ground breaking, thought provoking, creative, inspirational, what more do you need or want in a artist???????? I guess we're just stuck having them as our band That Will Never Go A Way!
Good Night Everyone
Sorry for rambling
06-27-2003 21:44 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Yeah I think we're all with you on that one Commander. I definitely feel like the machine is broken, the best artists are often in the 2nd tier of popularity, the pretty/silly ones are the most popular ones.

06-27-2003 21:48 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
I think (like most here) that most of the stuff in CCM Magazine is more market driven than most stuff. I guess it's a real sad day for what we have called Christian music for years when it becomes all about
who's selling the most. I don't know, I just sitting here typing and trying to think at the same time. Getting back to the beginning of the thread, I guess I'm just disgusted with what CCM has become since the mid 80's. I feel it used to be a source where I could read reviews about ground breaking music, as opposed to now, where we read about who's jumping on the "Next Worship CD". There's obviously nothing wrong with worship music, but, I feel like people are just seeing that it sells and figure "Well we better do one too". I may be wrong, but, that's just what I feel right now. And of course being a DA fan since 78, I guess I'm just blown a way that they never got the noteriety they deserve.
Talk about influential, ground breaking, thought provoking, creative, inspirational, what more do you need or want in a artist ???????? I guess we're just stuck having them as our band That Will Never Go A Way!
Good Night Everyone
Sorry for rambling

You hit it on the head Commander! ARTIST! CCM doesn't want ARTISTS, they want cookie cutter music....they don't want to offend....cause how would the church look at a song like Hide The Beer? I say as christians we should be more creative and use our imaginations to out do the secular world!

Big Grin

06-27-2003 21:50 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

we need Roaring Lambs!!! Oh no, we're spinning again....

06-27-2003 21:51 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Woolly Eggwhisk

My old records are long gone - destroyed in a flood. I have a very sketchy normal bias copy of a test pressing that didn't have the fretless bass intro to Water of Life. It's almost gone.

Ric I haven't seen in a decade, last I heard he was an accountant. Go figure.

I've tried finding him a couple of times, but who knows where he is now.

For you Canadiana fans, Strange Advance video for We Run, has Ric in it playing the Mellotron of all things.

06-27-2003 21:51 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

so were quickflight from Canada?

06-27-2003 21:53 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Maybe I'm just finally getting old and becoming the old guy I used to make fun of. You know the guy that listened to Old music while I listened to the New stuff.....man that is me.

06-27-2003 21:55 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

sorry old fella'

06-27-2003 21:56 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New CCM Lists.....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH