Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New CCM Lists..... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New CCM Lists.....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
sorry old fella'

I'm serious dude!
It's pathetic that I don't know any "new" stuff....I used to pride myself on finding "new" innovative music.

I think I'm gonna cryCrying

06-27-2003 21:58 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

On top of all that... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

At least the secular arena is constantly honoring their legends. Whether at an awards dealy or a tribute album or on some Rock-u-mentary.

And it is so true that 77s, DA, the Choir, Stonehill, and many others pioneered the way and the "christian industry" doesn't give 'em a hoot in hades.

If for no other reason, the above mentioned ought to be on a list of honor because we "out do one another in showing honor." And if the "world" can show such honor where it is due, then the community of Christ (CCM tho' it be) ought to do the same.

But they don't and so they lose all credibility with me and as I said in an earlier post, I will glean the awesome good from listening to the ARTISTS I have listened to and count myself a truly blessed man.
06-27-2003 21:59 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Amen Big Grin

Oh Lord I'm oldCrying

06-27-2003 22:00 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I emailed, a couple of years ago, to our local christian station mentioning "no sense of history" (in that they seem to have none) and got one sympathetic response to that, they had one day this year when they played the "retro" 70's and 80's stuff.

And Driver, I had never heard Project 86 before I picked them up in a store here, I just read the lyrics and liked it, picked it up right there. Its not too late to be surprise by exciting new stuff, like the first time you heard Terry Taylor's voice.

06-27-2003 22:03 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Project 86 To Release New Music Online
Monday, June 09, 2003
Project 86 is currently writing for an exclusive EP, available only at project86.com. They are releasing this EP themselves instead of using a record label stating they believe this is the way of the future. The 5 songs are said to be heavy, aggressive, and energetic. You can check project86.com for further updates

~Groucho~
06-27-2003 22:05 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Old? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think that's partly true for myself.

However, having been around kids for such a long time, I've kept my ears honest to new stuff. I really appreciate the alternative style music that makes it onto shows like SCRUBS.

At the same time, I see how that style is quickly getting rounded up into a narrow, easily producable kit of its own. Frown
06-27-2003 22:05 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

It all sounds like what struck me as so beautiful from REM with Losing My Religion. Now it just all sounds so much alike.

06-27-2003 22:08 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

ain't NO ONE sounds like Daniel Amos Big Grin

06-27-2003 22:09 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

true no one sounds like DA, but look at project86.com under the 2nd news item and they call themselves the band that won't go away!!! COuld there be some influece there?? Can't be a coincidence. OR maybe that line from DA was "stoled" from somewhere else?

06-27-2003 22:11 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

I do solemly swear to check out Project86 till death do I part......ok ok I get it...listen to P86 Big Grin

06-27-2003 22:12 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

I like da.

~Groucho~
06-27-2003 22:13 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Is this the only DAmb thread open tonight?

06-27-2003 22:15 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

quote:
so were quickflight from Canada?

Originally from (wait for it) Kelowna, BC - same hometown as the Grapes of Wrath.

06-27-2003 22:17 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

I miss Quickflight!

~Groucho~
06-27-2003 22:22 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Well are we the only ones here? Jevon, Squid, Ron and I??? Confused I guess everyone else has a life Big Grin LOL

oh i see Theo just joined us....hey hey Theo!

06-27-2003 22:29 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

I like this place, it's my happy place.

~Groucho~
06-27-2003 22:31 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
I like this place, it's my happy place.

DID YOU TELL HER YOU FINALLY FOUND YOUR HAPPY PLACE

AND WHY ARE YOU MAKING YOUR POSTS SO SMALL!!!

06-27-2003 22:32 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
quote:
so were quickflight from Canada?

Originally from (wait for it) Kelowna, BC - same hometown as the Grapes of Wrath.

Well, there are so few Christian bands from Canada that were/are any good, that its good to hear about that.
Um Level Heads, Carolyn Arends, The Awakening, any others?

06-27-2003 22:35 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

In the CCM arena? I know Hokus Pick.

But Canadian bands:

Prism
April Wine
BTO
Guess Who
SAGA
Rush
Triumph
Trooper
Harlequinn
Big Sugar
Street Heart
Loverboy
Rational Youth
Chilliwack
The Banos
Strange Advance

there's some good frozen stuff ...

06-27-2003 22:42 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
In the CCM arena? I know Hokus Pick.

But Canadian bands:

Prism
April Wine
BTO
Guess Who
SAGA
Rush
Triumph
Trooper
Harlequinn
Big Sugar
Street Heart
Loverboy
Rational Youth
Chilliwack
The Banos
Strange Advance

there's some good frozen stuff ...

Oh I know about the others, I just meant that we produce no CCM stuff (which in light of this post may be a good thing)
There's also

Tragically Hip
Barenaked Ladies
Connie Scott Wink

06-27-2003 22:44 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New CCM Lists.....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH