Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Vote for your favorite artist for CCM comeback » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Vote for your favorite artist for CCM comeback
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Vote for your favorite artist for CCM comeback Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Vote for Petra??? I think not!

06-28-2003 15:17 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I voted for Kim Hill
06-28-2003 15:36 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I vote for Daniel Band.

~Groucho~
06-28-2003 15:59 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by BD
I voted for Kim Hill

ok, not really...

I voted for the other Taylor Cool
06-28-2003 16:57 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

ccm sucks... Roll Eyes

Cool
06-28-2003 17:03 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Joey is right. I couldn't even make the link work. CCM didn't want to see me!! Big Grin
06-28-2003 17:18 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Can you blame them?????????

JUST KIDDING, THEO Smile Smile

Why bother to vote at all.......although Steve Taylor's winning by quite a large margin.

Gee, who no write-in votes?

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

06-28-2003 17:33 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Petra sux. I would rather listen to the Messiah Prophet Band.

06-28-2003 17:52 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

never heard of 'em...........

Petra, I mean Smile

j/k

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

06-28-2003 18:30 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by servantsteve

Despite all the nay-saying on this board, the poll proves that the CCM has hope.

By the way, how many times will Petra "come-back?" I remember Revival was their comeback album in 2001.

06-29-2003 19:13 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
Despite all the nay-saying on this board, the poll proves that the CCM has hope.

By the way, how many times will Petra "come-back?" I remember Revival was their comeback album in 2001.
Comeback?? Have'nt they had about 100 different people in the band ay differing stages? With each new album we have an almost entire NEW band...
06-29-2003 19:44 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

quote:
Originally posted by BD
I voted for Kim Hill
ME TOO. Big Grin
06-29-2003 19:47 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

yeah, but they fired Louie, and got someone who can keep time. The fired all the kids under 18, and let John grey poop'ont stay, and Bob stapped on his git-tar again.

06-29-2003 21:31 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by servantsteve

I like John Schlitt's solo stuff, but I preferred Greg Volz as lead singer.

06-29-2003 21:41 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Whoops, Schlitt.

Unfit for Swine? That was okay, but with all of the hired help I expected better. Was the first one better?

As to Greg, I thought he was okay, and was a good fit. But this isn't like VH with a Sam and Dave thing going on.

As Petra went more rock I thought John was the better choice.

06-30-2003 13:56 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
Whoops, Schlitt.

Unfit for Swine? That was okay, but with all of the hired help I expected better. Was the first one better?

As to Greg, I thought he was okay, and was a good fit. But this isn't like VH with a Sam and Dave thing going on.

As Petra went more rock I thought John was the better choice.

So was that just a shlip of the keyboard?

I will have to disagree with you on your not comparing Perta to VH... Greg was always the better man up front, It's Petra not PetSchlitt!

Wink

I know, that was lame.

I stopped buying Petra after Greg left the band. I have a few with JS, but they don't do it for me. It might just be that I liked Petra from their first album and didn't give the new guy a chance. Which is the opposite of VH for me. I didn't listen to VH much with Dave, I though he was an idiot, but started really listening to them with Sammy. To each his own.

Now let's talk Jerry or Greg...Smile

Actually I think they are at their best when they play together! As on Motorcycle for example. Big Grin
06-30-2003 18:20 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
All in the All and All
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 06-22-2003

In honor of Petra firing Louie Weaver, I voted for them.

Its nice to see him gone. He was so over-efeminite and goofy looking with his long girlish hair towards the end, that you just wanted to punch his lights out. I could see in the seventies, and maybe the eighties, because that was the in thing; but when you got someone looking that stupid at his age, like I say, you just want to clock the guy.

I have a feeling they'll be just as good/better without him. Hartman and Schlitt going at it with full force classic rock sound; that's about as good as it gets. Hartman writes some excellent slower songs too.

I'm so glad that they got rid of that guy, that I'll probably end up picking up the CD when it comes out in August.

Something about a guy in his forties or fifties with long stringy hair, a goofy-ass grin, and a Mickey mouse t-shirt, just sends me in the opposite direction of being inspired.

Other than that, all my best wishes and prayers go out to him and his loved ones in this time of him finally have to get a life, WOOPS, I mean uh, in this time of his tragically getting fired from Petra. Big Grin
06-30-2003 20:43 All in the All and All is offline Send an Email to All in the All and All Search for Posts by All in the All and All Add All in the All and All to your Buddy List
All in the All and All
Unsullied Affiche

quote:
Originally posted by HEMISPHERICALHEADS
quote:
Originally posted by BD
I voted for Kim Hill
ME TOO. Big Grin

I thought that her CD "The Fire Again" was a nice worshipful comeback, a few years back. Very refreshing that there wasnn't a gimmick in sight on that one.

"There's a Place For Us" was, and still is, a great song, IMHO.
AAA
06-30-2003 20:49 All in the All and All is offline Send an Email to All in the All and All Search for Posts by All in the All and All Add All in the All and All to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

quote:
Originally posted by All in the All and All
Something about a guy in his forties or fifties with long stringy hair, a goofy-ass grin, and a Mickey mouse t-shirt, just sends me in the opposite direction of being inspired.

May the Lord lead you away from the temptation of clocking me at a bbq.

06-30-2003 20:50 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
All in the All and All
Unsullied Affiche

quote:
Originally posted by .backs.
quote:
Originally posted by All in the All and All

May the Lord lead you away from the temptation of
clocking me at a bbq.

Why, will you be running in the hundred yard dash?
ba-doom-ksshhh!!!!!
06-30-2003 20:59 All in the All and All is offline Send an Email to All in the All and All Search for Posts by All in the All and All Add All in the All and All to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Vote for your favorite artist for CCM comeback

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH