Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Please pray fer me » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Please pray fer me
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Please pray fer me bigboycying 06-28-2003 21:11
 RE: Please pray fer me Ron E 06-28-2003 21:25
 RE: Please pray fer me HEMISPHERICALHEADS 06-28-2003 21:58
 RE: Please pray fer me BD 06-28-2003 22:28
 RE: Please pray fer me Commander Cote 06-28-2003 22:39
 RE: Please pray fer me All in the All and All 06-28-2003 22:40
 RE: Please pray fer me Toque Boy 06-28-2003 23:38
 RE: Please pray fer me JR88 06-29-2003 14:21
 RE: Please pray fer me .backs. 06-30-2003 00:06
 RE: Please pray fer me 06-30-2003 00:17
 done 06-30-2003 00:21
 RE: Please pray fer me carl 06-30-2003 07:19
 RE: Please pray fer me Woggy 06-30-2003 09:34
 RE: Please pray fer me Mark 07-06-2003 12:29
 RE: Please pray fer me Mark 07-06-2003 12:44

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 02-24-2003

Please pray fer me Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have to leave the ministry and I don't know what I'm gonna do.
06-28-2003 21:11 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Look up, cry out, maybe you have to leave your current ministry, but I'm sure God has a beautiful place for you yet to display his grace (likely as a counter to the gracelessness you've been extended?).

06-28-2003 21:25 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bigboycying

Indeed. I have always wondered about things such as this..I mean being in the ministry is a job you are getting paid to do. But it much more than that. It sounds weird to say "being paid" to do this but we all need some form of income. Terry Taylor is technically "in the ministry". Believe me God has used his words to speak directly to my heart. I would not be suprised if there is a TST penned tune that speaks about this issue...Hang in there..
06-28-2003 21:58 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:

Will keep you in my prayers.

BD
06-28-2003 22:28 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

You'll be in my prayers also.
06-28-2003 22:39 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
All in the All and All
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 06-22-2003

I will keep you in my prayers too. In the meantime, take some comfort in these lyrics Phil Keaggy sings, in a song called "Disappointment" on his "Love Broke Thru" album.

DISAPPOINTMENT (from Phil Keaggy's "Love Broke Thru" album)
---------------
Disappointment - His appointment,
Change one letter, then I see
That the thwarting of my purpose
Is God's better choice for me.

His appointment must be blessing
Though it may come in disguise
For the end from the beginning,
Open to His wisdom lies.

Disappointment - His appointment
Whose? The Lord's who loves best.
Understands and knows me fully,
Who my faith and love would test.

For like loving, earthy parent
He rejoices when He knows
That His child accepts unquestioned
All that from His wisdom flows.

No good thing will he withhold
From denials oft we gather
Treasures from His love untold.

Well, He knows each broken purpose
Leads to fuller deeper trust
And the end of all His dealings
Proves our God is wise and just.

Lord I take it then as such,
Like the clay in hands of potter
Yielding wholly to Thy touch

All my life's plan is Thy molding
Not one single choice be mine
Let me answer unrepining,
Father not my will but Thine.

Lyrics By Anonymous

06-28-2003 22:40 All in the All and All is offline Send an Email to All in the All and All Search for Posts by All in the All and All Add All in the All and All to your Buddy List
Toque Boy Toque Boy is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 12-08-2002

It is tough to see so many people in ministry being pushed out. My dad was a pastor and had a really negative experience which really affected him (what about God's call? Have I been wrong? Have I done something wrong?) and the family. He ended up taking almost a 18 month break from ministry and worked as a janitor. That wasn't his thing and in time, God did lead him back to ministry but in a different area. He is now a chaplain in the prison system. His congregation is not as demanding and really seems "captivated" by his ministry. (Sorry, that was bad.)

I will pray for you and yours. May you see God's hands of comfort during this time.
06-28-2003 23:38 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:

Consider it done.

06-29-2003 14:21 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

And done again.

06-30-2003 00:06 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

re-"done"-dant

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
06-30-2003 00:17 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

done Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that really WAS redundant!
(-knock it off, this is serious)

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
06-30-2003 00:21 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

But God does. Praying He will begin to reveal it, and that you will begin to see it.

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-30-2003 07:19 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Praying that:
God shows you what He wants for your life.
God grants you peace and grace.
God allows you the time and space to realize the new goal He has for you.

I'm sure this is hard - it's never fun to be in that place of "not knowing"..................

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

06-30-2003 09:34 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I'm praying.

07-06-2003 12:29 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

More shameless posting brought to you by Mark

07-06-2003 12:44 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Please pray fer me

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH