Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How DA influenced me » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How DA influenced me
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

How DA influenced me Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dear Terry, Ed, Tim, Greg (and all TST Friends),

From time to time I remind myself how DA, Eddies, Dogs, TST and others have influenced me in so many ways personally and deeply, and I'm grateful to you all. "There's some kind of magic here, he's so full of surprises...". Great song, words meant in a different context (hopefully the point is well taken) when I think about the things that have drawn me close for over 20 years.

I'm not sure I can put all the reasons for my fanatic, long-term loyalty to words. What I can say though is that at various times I have been (and continue to be) challenged, deeply moved, and spiritually ministered to in a variety of avenues. I can also say for sure that through the years my view of God and the world has been significantly changed because of the influence of DA and its offshoots.

Once in a great while I'll remember (not so fondly) of what I used to listen to pre-DA: Petra, Degarmo & Key, Amy, the same old sound-alike top-40 shallow music that has masqueraded as Christian music then and now. Interesting that once you put your DA roots down deep, you never want to go back to that other stuff - it no longer satisfies. I've also found myself drawn to other artists who share some of the same vision - 77s, Uncle Randy, Tom Howard, Phil Madeira, the Choir, Adam Again, etc.

Thank you for the ways you continue to minister to me and so many others. We appreciate you.

P.S. If the reader has any words of experience and edification I encourage you to share.

05-17-2002 20:00 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Shemp
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dittos...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz...
05-17-2002 22:07
Crinklepot Crinklepot is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 04-17-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeppers....
05-17-2002 23:46 Crinklepot is offline Send an Email to Crinklepot Search for Posts by Crinklepot Add Crinklepot to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

wow Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

kinda reminds me of how all this is here to begin with

almost makes me wanna turn over a new leaf in my posting..........

-NAWWW

(PS They know we love 'em but good job in reminding 'em again!)

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
05-18-2002 00:30 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How DA influenced me

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH