Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Prickly Heat Reviews » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Prickly Heat Reviews
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"piece of hit"

07-07-2003 19:34 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Stop! It's not fair.
07-07-2003 19:35 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Big Grin

sorry.

07-08-2003 10:54 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy

I promised a review, but I'm not sure if I can. I listened to it in the fog of an oncoming cold with my kids needing attention.

I wonder if it's possible to listen to something like this without comparison to the original. I mean when I bought the O.G. D.E.D.T. I was 18. My state of mind was such that anything that fought "The Man" was cool and hip and funny and sexy. So I drank the humor of it and let it leak out my pores. Now, I'm a dad. And while the idea of a Blues Man being born, guitar, hat and all cracks me up, I have to track forward and hope the kids don't catch on.

The Church Lady was funny to me back then too. So were Hans and Frans. They were all funny on their first outing. For those of us who saw the premiere of the characters, they kept getting funnier as they built on their kooky concept. But if you made an SNL virgin watch Church Chat 3 years into her popularity, the virgin would likely yawn while you bust a gut. The familiarity of the character made me laugh, not the material.

So now as I laugh at D.E.D.T. I wonder if it is really funny or if I'm just reliving my 18 year old sense of humor.

I think the new D.E.D.T. is just as funny as the O.G. in fact because of it's length and quantity of skits, it is arithmetically funnier than the O.G.

But I'll have to make a Prickly Heat Virgin listen to it to find out if it's any good.

I talk too muchBig Grin

August 2005
07-08-2003 13:43 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

I don't think I'll be sharing the Prickly Heat with my wife. She's not as anti Terry as she was a year ago, and I don't want to give her any reason to be. Wink
07-08-2003 13:55 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

That, of course, assumes it will be coming to my mailbox sometime in the near future. Crying
07-08-2003 13:56 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

looking for mine too Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Still patiently awaiting my delivery as well. Maybe not so patiently...

-Jolly
07-08-2003 15:01 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor
As for Dr. EDT, I think he was funny, but he needed to practice his lines more. He got out of character several times while reading, and he messed up on a few lines.

I thought he had much more of an "Al Sharpton" vibe this time around! Wink

I like it though... it's great! Pleased

07-08-2003 15:17 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
"piece of hit"

that sums it up! Wink

07-08-2003 15:19 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

A prickly heat virgin? Where else but here...where else?
07-08-2003 15:28 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

what's a virgin???

07-08-2003 15:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
what's a virgin???

Shocked

Woggy where are you????? I think we need a mediator again Big Grin

07-08-2003 15:44 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I just found out that DA is a "Christian" band... better clean it up!

07-08-2003 15:45 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
samson samson is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Nothing in the mail yet Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Still patiently awaiting my delivery as well. Maybe not so patiently... Crying Mad
07-11-2003 16:10 samson is offline Send an Email to samson Search for Posts by samson Add samson to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

I'm right there with you Samson. Where is it? Why did mine get shipped last?
07-11-2003 16:17 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I'm waiting too. I thought mine was last, I guess I was wrong.

07-11-2003 16:42 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

i'm in the boat with the rest of you all.
07-11-2003 18:57 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

its close fellowship in here.

07-11-2003 21:46 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

nothing Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Still not in my mailbox either... But I did receive Come as a Child or Not at All today. Thanks Theo!

-Jolly
07-11-2003 22:52 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
samson samson is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

got it!!!... got it.... :D Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

got mine to day..

when i was playing it i asked my self " why did TBN send me a cd Big Grin "
we here DAmb should send as many copy's as we can to paul and jan Big Grin i sure they will love us for it.. i need to say no more Pleased
07-15-2003 03:42 samson is offline Send an Email to samson Search for Posts by samson Add samson to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Prickly Heat Reviews

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH