Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Netiquette » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Netiquette
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
highfiguy
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 05-18-2002

Netiquette Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If I list something to sell on e-bay that would be of interest to Daniel Amos fans should I tell people about that on this message board or not? I can see a couple of possible outcomes to me doing that. #1 People are happy because they have been informed about something rare that many of them may want. #2 People curse my name for "advertising" on this message board. I seem to remember seeing links for items on e-bay in the past, but don't remember the reaction. I'm not going to do the fake "hey I just saw this on e-bay and thought you might be interested" thing. This is something I am selling and will probably benefit from by posting messages about it. Any opinions? I will post this same message on some of the other message boards that I lurk at and see what I come up with. Then I'll check back in a couple of days and see if it is safe to post my link. I've also included my real e-mail address if anyone wants to contact me directly with their opinions.
05-18-2002 12:44 highfiguy is offline Send an Email to highfiguy Search for Posts by highfiguy Add highfiguy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DA-related Ebay posts are fine. Nothing wrong with telling DA fans how to find an old out of print CD or LP.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-18-2002 14:12 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

and related? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DA AND related? Like Uncle Rand or any of the many projects TST has produced?

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
05-20-2002 19:00 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ™

I would think so...
maybe...
perhaps...
huh.
Big Grin

05-20-2002 19:59 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by ™

I would think so...
maybe...
perhaps...
huh.
Big Grin

yes, very well stated dennis.

I agree, I think.

Big Grin

05-20-2002 20:06 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ™

I would think so...
maybe...
perhaps...
huh.
Big Grin

I agree, I think.

Big Grin

uh... what was the question?
uh...
uh...
uh,,,
sdkhfoqer
fgeowguj0978`
wgqgh

q3r3tfg3w

that should explain it all.
Smile )

05-20-2002 20:08 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ™

I would think so...
maybe...
perhaps...
huh.
Big Grin

I agree, I think.

Big Grin

uh...
uh...
uh,,,
sdkhfoqer
fgeowguj0978`
wgqgh

q3r3tfg3w

Smile )

That's what I thought.
thanks.

05-20-2002 20:09 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ™

I would think so...
maybe...
perhaps...
huh.
Big Grin

I agree, I think.

Big Grin

uh...
uh...
uh,,,
sdkhfoqer
fgeowguj0978`
wgqgh

q3r3tfg3w

Smile )

That's what I thought.
thanks.

that's what I am here for friend.
that's what I am here for.

Pleased

05-20-2002 20:18 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

no I think you're here to be the last one to post on all threads.

you're all things to all threads!

BD Big Grin

05-20-2002 20:21 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
highfiguy
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Thread Starter Thread Started by highfiguy

OK, since I didn't see anything negative above, I've listed Ten Songs By Adam Again on e-bay. I don't know if that is really DA related enough, but I know many DA fans would be interested in it. You can check it out at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=873269156&ssPageName=ADM
E:B:LC:US:1
If that link doesn't work I'm sure you can find it by searching for Adam Again at e-bay. So if I decide to sell Outdoor Elvis or some other DA rarity in the future should I let people here know?
05-21-2002 15:09 highfiguy is offline Send an Email to highfiguy Search for Posts by highfiguy Add highfiguy to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

this is the place but your link doesn't work.

BD

05-21-2002 15:22 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
highfiguy
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Thread Starter Thread Started by highfiguy
Here it is again... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK, I'll try this again. I can't find a way to test this before I post. If this doesn't work just go to e-bay and type in "Adam Again" and you'll find it. Adam Again on e-bay
05-21-2002 15:28 highfiguy is offline Send an Email to highfiguy Search for Posts by highfiguy Add highfiguy to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Ouch!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

US $50.99 with 3 days to go??? Too rich for my blood. I'll hold onto my second cassette. (wore out the first one...) How much of that is going back to the band? Wink

05-21-2002 23:27 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
US $50.99 with 3 days to go??? Too rich for my blood. I'll hold onto my second cassette. (wore out the first one...) How much of that is going back to the band? Wink

that is a very good album Smile
like dfbb, out of print... like all the good men my sisters mumble to each other over Bailey's and Star Trek videos Smile )

05-22-2002 11:02 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Netiquette

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH