Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I GOT IT! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I GOT IT!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by anne
cleveland to tallahassee: a step up, or a step down?
ok, it's debatable...
but they have really big bugs here...

happy surprise: i got my dogs dvd today -- super fast service, jeffrey k! the quality is fantastic. i'm thoroughly impressed.

must get back to my liberal brainwashing now...

LOL Big Grin

07-11-2003 07:29 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dogs DVD was in the mailbox yesterday. Thanks, Jeffrey K. I'll be watching it this evening. Smile Still no Prickly Heat or fan club stuff. I'm starting to get worried. It is on its way isn't it? Crying
07-11-2003 10:31 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG

I know others are thinking it, so I will say it...
what are the chances of any of the RaW footage seeing its way on to say a "BooTLeG" VHS or DVD, i.e. Crowd footage, more solo stuff, more in between talking etc...

I know a few people that would be interested in that...

LaTeR

DaLe

Honestly...at this point pretty slim. For one thing, the raw footage would still ahve to be editied since it was shot from 3 main cameras, and that costs. The raw footage I watched was basically the center camera which is mainly closeups and pans back and forth. Plus, I think people are making a large assumption that there actually is crowd footgage. All 3 cameras were set up 2-3 rows back from the front of the room, so you really don't see the crowd...and if you do, it's basically shadows. We really didn't set up to shoot the crowd, and since they sat for 95% of the show, it would have been pretty boring to film if we had! As far as more solo stuff...honestly, I really doubt it. All 3 of the guys seemed pretty nervous at first about the filming and there are some noticable mistakes that I know for a fact they wouldn't have wanted on the DVD. Which is why you get one song from each of them. It was the best of the 3 from each guy. I understand that fans are collectors and "want the whole thing" but what is there vs. what isn't was done for a reason. I have some tentative plans for the usable extra stuff, but in all honesty, we have to be able to recoup on this project to even begin another, and we aren't even close yet. Hopefully that answers everyones questions...

thanks,
jeffrey k.

07-11-2003 11:21 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

thanks, Jeffrey. I'm just glad to have what I have. You do excellent work. I look forward to every release you make available.
07-11-2003 11:23 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by brd2yrmother
thanks, Jeffrey. I'm just glad to have what I have. You do excellent work. I look forward to every release you make available.

ditto & thanks for the answer...
I for one will let it rest at that Wink

07-11-2003 11:32 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by Squidzit

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.

We really didn't set up to shoot the crowd, and since they sat for 95% of the show, it would have been pretty boring to film if we had!

thanks,
jeffrey k.

Hey, I was in that crowd! Red Face We were just waiting for the cameras to turn towards us and we were all going to take out our lighters! Tongue

Actualy, JK is right, the best part was what everyone saw on the dvd! I think the interviews make up for any small talk the guys did between songs! Great job JK!!

~Groucho~
07-11-2003 11:37 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

I'd like to see the dogs again - Mike and Terry will be excellent, but I'll miss Derri. (and gene of course Crying )
07-11-2003 12:44 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
I'd like to see the dogs again - Mike and Terry will be excellent, but I'll miss Derri. (and gene of course Crying )

Confused Derri's leaving the Dogs Confused

07-11-2003 12:53 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

No, no, no, no, no, no!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bad rumor! Bad rumor!

Derri isn't going anywhere. It's just this B-B-Q thing is a Terry/Mike thing.
07-11-2003 12:55 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

I didn't say Derri was leaving - just that he wouldn't be at the BBQ. don't make horrible accusations like that.
07-11-2003 13:24 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

No that's not not true Theo. I was reading a post of on the the Tuxedo Clad Megastar Ministries site that stated that Derri was retiring from his music ministry. He was going to go back to Barber's college and open a Floyd's Barber Shop in Nashville.

There was talk of him returning his collection of Paul Williams song books, and getting a flat top hair cut.

Tim Chandler was quoted as saying, "Hmm."

A similar but unrelated rumour has either Bryan Duncan or Rick Cua joining the Lost Dogs. Neither could be reached for comment, although sources in Nashville had heard that John Elefante had expressed interest in joining the band as well.

Toby Mac, who loves crap music, made reference to Larry Norman as the creator of CCM and by default the actual writer and producer of all of the Lost Dogs albums, as such he thought a collection of Lost Dog songs covered by Larry would be a nice thing.

Louie Weaver, formerly of Petra, and still sporting a nice looking mullet, submitted a resume to Mike Roe saying that he was working on keeping time, and that if Mister Holt was unavailable for future recordings, he'd be willing to work at scale.

Notes to JT have not been returned, although there is an internet rumour that Mrs. Claire Van Stimple, heard strange voices while watching old reruns of Bewitched. Apparently she kept hearing the phrase "I told Mike it was professionally mastered and not to screw with it." over and over.

Where does all this lead?

Who knows, although it has been confirmed by very reliable sources that Theo will not be joining the band.

07-11-2003 13:30 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
I didn't say Derri was leaving - just that he wouldn't be at the BBQ. don't make horrible accusations like that.

just sounded that way the way it was worded....sorry dudes Big Grin

07-11-2003 14:03 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso

Notes to JT have not been returned, although there is an internet rumour that Mrs. Claire Van Stimple, heard strange voices while watching old reruns of Bewitched. Apparently she kept hearing the phrase "I told Mike it was professionally mastered and not to screw with it." over and over.

heh heh Tongue

07-11-2003 14:15 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
Bad rumor! Bad rumor!

Derri isn't going anywhere. It's just this B-B-Q thing is a Terry/Mike thing.

Derri just can't get too much sun, you know...

~Groucho~
07-11-2003 14:16 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
FaintScentsOfSewage
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-26-2002

Still waiting, heart breaking.
07-11-2003 14:27 FaintScentsOfSewage is offline Send an Email to FaintScentsOfSewage Search for Posts by FaintScentsOfSewage Add FaintScentsOfSewage to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Good things come to those who wait!

~Groucho~
07-11-2003 14:39 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

very good things. Big Grin
07-11-2003 15:16 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
FaintScentsOfSewage
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-26-2002

They certainly do. Big Grin
07-12-2003 16:21 FaintScentsOfSewage is offline Send an Email to FaintScentsOfSewage Search for Posts by FaintScentsOfSewage Add FaintScentsOfSewage to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

i got this a week ago, but have had my son every day so didn't get a chance to watch it until today....
WOW!!! Big Grin
great job jeffrey!

Cool
07-12-2003 17:43 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I second that WOW.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Got it yesterday. Want to say a whole lot more but don't have time this morning. For now, in the words of Marion Simmons, graphic artist and longsuffering "DAmb widow":

"He's an incredible songwriter, isn't he?"

and

"This was REALLY well done."

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-13-2003 09:08 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I GOT IT!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH