Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » dfbb- the play by play » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page dfbb- the play by play
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
All in the All and All
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 06-22-2003

dfbb- the play by play Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I'm listening to dfbb for the first time ever right now; I'm up to Safety Net. One thing I can say for sure at this point:

Whatever my final opinion will be of this project, I can clearly see, already, that from a production standpoint, it is outstanding.

The music is otherworldly; never heard anything like it. Each isntrument is just as pronounced as the vocals. Makes me think DA should try an instrumental album sometime.

So far, I'm really diggin' it.
AAA

07-09-2003 20:44 All in the All and All is offline Send an Email to All in the All and All Search for Posts by All in the All and All Add All in the All and All to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lyrically it is extraordinary.

07-09-2003 20:48 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

One of the greatest albums ever!

~Groucho~
07-09-2003 20:55 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
All in the All and All
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 06-22-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by All in the All and All

I agree; I was just looking at some of the lyrics. Really good stuff.
AAA
07-09-2003 21:02 All in the All and All is offline Send an Email to All in the All and All Search for Posts by All in the All and All Add All in the All and All to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Terry is brilliant!

07-09-2003 21:03 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

I was a Jr. in high school when this album came out! I tried to get my friends to listen, they thought I was nuts! They were right! Big Grin

~Groucho~
07-09-2003 21:32 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

one of my favorites....all time.

i love the milosz refrences....i love the music....i love the whole thing.

can you say "another bookset, please!"

Big Grin

07-10-2003 00:32 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
I was a Jr. in high school when this album came out! I tried to get my friends to listen, they thought I was nuts! They were right! Big Grin

Smile )

Cool
07-10-2003 01:04 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

quote:
Originally posted by All in the All and All
Well, I'm listening to dfbb for the first time ever right now; I'm up to Safety Net. One thing I can say for sure at this point:

Whatever my final opinion will be of this project, I can clearly see, already, that from a production standpoint, it is outstanding.

The music is otherworldly; never heard anything like it. Each isntrument is just as pronounced as the vocals. Makes me think DA should try an instrumental album sometime.

So far, I'm really diggin' it.
AAA

It's become one of my favorites, too! I just bought my first copy a month ago.
"Strange Animals" might be the best song ever!
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
07-10-2003 07:52 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
tafkak-9
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-19-2003

I was in college when this one came out. It was one of my first purchases on cd. I was soooo into the "Alarma Chronicles," that it took me a while to get into this disc. When the 90's came around, I discover Milosz. DFBB took on a whole new meaning for me. It has since grown to be my favorite disc too.
LK-9
07-10-2003 07:55 tafkak-9 is offline Send an Email to tafkak-9 Search for Posts by tafkak-9 Add tafkak-9 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
one of my favorites....all time.

i love the milosz refrences....i love the music....i love the whole thing.

can you say "another bookset, please!"

Big Grin

I would like to see dfbb get a "songs of the heart" treatment! Smile )

I think FS or VH would benefit even as well! Tongue

07-10-2003 08:09 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
tafkak-9
Unsullied Affiche

Yeah, what he said...
07-10-2003 08:10 tafkak-9 is offline Send an Email to tafkak-9 Search for Posts by tafkak-9 Add tafkak-9 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I like your location! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

and stay outta the Woolworth's! Smile

07-10-2003 08:14 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
tafkak-9
Unsullied Affiche

quote:
Originally posted by dennis

I don't remember, is that just the one or is that all of them?
07-10-2003 08:15 tafkak-9 is offline Send an Email to tafkak-9 Search for Posts by tafkak-9 Add tafkak-9 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by tafkak-9
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

I don't remember, is that just the one or is that all of them?

this place is a geographical oddity, two weeks from everywhere! Tongue

07-10-2003 08:18 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
tafkak-9
Unsullied Affiche

nada! We're in a tight spot!
07-10-2003 08:19 tafkak-9 is offline Send an Email to tafkak-9 Search for Posts by tafkak-9 Add tafkak-9 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

My Hair! Shocked

07-10-2003 08:21 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
tafkak-9
Unsullied Affiche

Consider the lillies of the godnada fields.
07-10-2003 08:22 tafkak-9 is offline Send an Email to tafkak-9 Search for Posts by tafkak-9 Add tafkak-9 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

DO NOT SEAK THE TREASURE!

07-10-2003 08:39 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
tafkak-9
Unsullied Affiche

Pete, yooouuuuuurrrrr aaaaaaaaaa ttttttttoooooooowwwwwwwwaaaaaaadddddddddd!
07-10-2003 08:41 tafkak-9 is offline Send an Email to tafkak-9 Search for Posts by tafkak-9 Add tafkak-9 to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » dfbb- the play by play

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH