Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Music & ministry » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Music & ministry
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
PaulM PaulM is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 03-21-2002

Music & ministry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I saw an article about a local guy who won an award for his work in child advocacy. He is a social worker at a non-profit org., dealing with lots of abused kids & their foster families.

Here's the relevant quote:
Lappinga has learned to incorporate certain tools for witnessing into his work with young people, and has found music to be a vary powerful one. For example, Lappinga said, when he drives a child to court for a hearing, he plays music from contemporary Christian music groups such as Lost Dogs, Daniel Amos, The Choir, and The 77's. "It's a good opening to talk about the Lord," he said. . . . Each year he takes Oakdale [his church] youths to the Cornerston Festival in Illinois, sponsored by Jesus People USA, to expose them to Christian rock music. He finds that this music provides a bridge between youth culture and the gospel.
(end of quote)

That, my friends, is what it's all about! I recall when I worked as a youth minister, what a connection I made with good Christian music. Many kids were surprised to hear good rock music with positive, even positively Christian lyrics.
05-20-2002 12:38 PaulM is offline Send an Email to PaulM Search for Posts by PaulM Add PaulM to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I recall when I worked as a youth minister, what a connection I made with good Christian music. Many kids were surprised to hear good rock music with positive, even positively Christian lyrics.

Them young whippersnappers...
'bout time they started listenen to Real Music!
05-20-2002 13:32
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

Paul M? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you, my friend, need a copy of the matrix mix -

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
05-20-2002 15:19 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Music & ministry

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH