Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hope it's not raining on the BBQ » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hope it's not raining on the BBQ
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Hope it's not raining on the BBQ Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It rained so hard today I half expected noah's ark to go by.

08-01-2003 20:06 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We've got a forecast for Sunday of Sunny Skies and 79 degrees. Minnesota, you gotta love it!
08-01-2003 21:48 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Thread Starter Thread Started by dorfsmith
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Noone is keeping us up to date about tonights eventsCrying

08-02-2003 00:29 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

nope, no rain...infact the weather couldn't have been any better....infact the evening couldn't have been any better. there was ALOT of people (800 or so) as well as a few surprises....like the unannounced guests:

the townsends
brian healy
rob watson
burleigh drummond

and via videotape:
michael w. smith
amy grant (talking about the eddies version of "baby baby")
and dick clark (counting down the top ten lost dog songs)

zippitydodahditty deserves so much credit for what he has pulled off. i am not easily impressed but he has impressed me. it was quite obvious (to me) that terry and mike were both impressed as well. the whole evening was incredible!!!

more to come later.

08-02-2003 02:55 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

GREAT! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Zippy-
Glad it was a good crowd-and a good time. Do not Know much about Brian Healy-or DAS-butit sounds like a marvy combo.Did he perform at all?
Details maan, Detail.
(when you recover of course.)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-02-2003 08:20 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Thread Starter Thread Started by dorfsmith

Sounds like it was pretty darn cool!

08-02-2003 10:10 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

All day sing and dinner on the ground Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh my.

I'm pooped.

The show was incredible. The guys were hilarious and I really feel that they bridged all generations. Terry even dedicated O, Sweet Companion to my grandparents for their 60th anniversary.

It ended with Terry singing Joel while holding his hand out toward the crowd as if blessing us. It was very moving.

I have to take my son to the hospital now. He broke his little collar bone last week and it looks like it's starting to stick out funny.

More details later, but to everyone who was there, I really enjoyed meeting you and I hope to see you again soon.

FrippetyFrooFatty

August 2005
08-02-2003 12:21 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
.Evangeline. .Evangeline. is a female
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 08-02-2003

I thought your son was adorable with his little pirate flag. Thank you so much for letting us share in your birthday celebration. The view was incredible as was the music. Kudos...

REVIVAL QUEEN
08-02-2003 12:34 .Evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .Evangeline. Homepage of .Evangeline. Search for Posts by .Evangeline. Add .Evangeline. to your Buddy List
EH
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-30-2003

I can't wait for pictures...Wink

08-02-2003 12:40 EH is offline Send an Email to EH Search for Posts by EH Add EH to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

For a small donation I will send multiple pics

REVIVAL QUEEN
08-02-2003 12:44 .Evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .Evangeline. Homepage of .Evangeline. Search for Posts by .Evangeline. Add .Evangeline. to your Buddy List
somehypocriticalChrist-ian
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-22-2003

last night was amazing.
it was cool meeting BD, Zip, Body, Wes, and mostly Joey...

it's weird how God works, not in any sense that you could think of...

since my wife left i've been struggling with thoughts of "why was i ever born..."

at the show i saw one one my kids from back when i used to be the "right reverend Treven"...

she's okay, i did okay, i'm not worthless..............

and Terry's just a normal guy...
08-02-2003 19:42 somehypocriticalChrist-ian is offline Send an Email to somehypocriticalChrist-ian Search for Posts by somehypocriticalChrist-ian Add somehypocriticalChrist-ian to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

You are not worthless...far from it. I was happy I got to meet you last night.

REVIVAL QUEEN
08-02-2003 19:49 .Evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .Evangeline. Homepage of .Evangeline. Search for Posts by .Evangeline. Add .Evangeline. to your Buddy List
Ed Ed is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 07-01-2003

We are all worthwhile...Smile

08-02-2003 20:24 Ed is offline Send an Email to Ed Search for Posts by Ed Add Ed to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

it was incredible to meet everyone last night, my only regret is that we didn't have more time.

treven, are you in the city of camarillo(i seem to remember something like that)? if so, it would be cool to hang out sometime ( my wife works in simi).

08-02-2003 21:12 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

I didn't get to talk to any of you much (I did have some good talks with Brian Healy and Jeff Elbel and Rob Watson and Zip), which was bummer, but oh my goodness what a night. Couldn't have been any better.
08-02-2003 21:59 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

All RIGHT you guys, I'm sure you're all reveling in the glow, but this is NOT nearly enough information for us who are WAITING to hear about ALL of it.................

But maybe you all will have to wait to hear about OUR show..............cuz in about 12 hrs, me and JimIny and his son and daughter will be heading to Commander Country, for our own personal BBQ..............and I can't wait Smile

Glad you all had fun..............check in and tell us MORE !!!!!!!!!!!

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

08-02-2003 22:06 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
somehypocriticalChrist-ian
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-22-2003

with all respect to the most high woggness....

there can't be another bbq like ours, cuz zippetypoofrie put it together...

maybe the largest of dorks will offer it on bddvd, but until then just know that:

amy grant holds a grudge...
Terry was an original founder of the gaither trio...
there are'nt 77 people in the 77's...
dick clark likes famous amos cookies...

and this was all news to me and you and Terry and Mike...

08-03-2003 01:01 somehypocriticalChrist-ian is offline Send an Email to somehypocriticalChrist-ian Search for Posts by somehypocriticalChrist-ian Add somehypocriticalChrist-ian to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hope it's not raining on the BBQ

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH