Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Favorite bass songs? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Favorite bass songs?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Favorite bass songs? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What are your favorite DA/SE/TST tunes with great bass lines? I was listening this week to various TST works (as I usually do), and a few songs really stood out. I'll also say for the record that Tim did a remarkable job on MBD.

So what awesome bass songs come to your mind? Here are a few of mine:

ZD - Mr. Sharky
SoTH - Glory Road
Doppelganger - I Didn't Build it for Me

03-20-2002 16:16 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

don't forget....

darn floor, big bite
motorcycle
banquet at the worlds end
broken ladders to glory

hey, the list is endless......

03-20-2002 19:41 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Bulldog Bulldog is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't forget "Mall all over the world"
03-21-2002 08:49 Bulldog is offline Send an Email to Bulldog Search for Posts by Bulldog Add Bulldog to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

SAFETY NET!!!!!!!!!
03-21-2002 12:24 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog
Don't forget "Mall all over the world"

Mall all over the world, has that Killer bass intro on it. Perhaps Tim was really eager to show off his stuff, at any rate it's pretty awesome Smile

03-21-2002 16:47 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

Pardon me Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ahem, please excuse me, Mr. Foxe (if that's your REAL name) but the "Mr. Sharky" bass line belongs to me. Yes, the other drivel you mention was done by that hack Chandler.

02-26-2003 16:34 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by John Foxe
Touche! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dear Mr. Berger King (or Royal, or whatever),

I humbly beg your apology on bended knee. I was completely fooled. When I read the liner notes on ZD it said Tim Chandler.

What a fool I was. I completely forgot that it was 1994, one year after the Year of the Cow. How could I forget? The great shipwreck. Lost at sea. A band of imposters recorded Zippity Doo Daddy.

It was really you Berger, wasn't it? I will never doubt again! Thank you for setting me straight.

P.S. for the record John Foxe is not my real name. But that's par for the course, isn't it sir???

02-26-2003 16:49 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Aha! That Chandler guy again, trying to take credit for what I have done! And, uh...er, what was that crack about "par for the course" about the real name thing. I'm sure I don't know what you mean...

02-26-2003 20:28 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Asherman Asherman is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-12-2002

So, Sir Berger Roy Al?

Did they inlist your efforts in the new Dr. Taylor Radio Show?

(If you were sworn to secrecy...I do understand!)

Shocked

02-26-2003 20:37 Asherman is offline Send an Email to Asherman Search for Posts by Asherman Add Asherman to your Buddy List
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

(WhisperedSmile Well, don't tell anyone, but I've got my own little secret! I've snuck into Chandler's house and chloroformed him and taken the DAMB cd you people sent him and now I'M listening to it and he's laying unconscious in the back of my pickup truck--HAHAHAHAHAhahahhaaahggghhhccckkxxxxp!

02-26-2003 20:51 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by Berger Roy Al
(WhisperedSmile Well, don't tell anyone, but I've got my own little secret! I've snuck into Chandler's house and chloroformed him and taken the DAMB cd you people sent him and now I'M listening to it and he's laying unconscious in the back of my pickup truck--HAHAHAHAHAhahahhaaahggghhhccckkxxxxp!

Tee hee hee

I won't tell anyone. Hmmm what can we do with him???

How about we put him in pyjamas and leave him outside a psychiatric hospital with a surfboard and a chloroform hangover

02-26-2003 21:07 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Mind Peach

Tongue

heh heh heh...

Shocked

02-26-2003 21:35 Asherman is offline Send an Email to Asherman Search for Posts by Asherman Add Asherman to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:

AND...???

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
02-27-2003 07:27 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by John Foxe
Contest Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Alright, that's all I can stands, 'cause I can't stands no more! All this arguing between Berger and Mr C. have finally put me over the edge.

Once and for all, who's the best?

Berger, to your credit sir, you did some nice work on three Eddies works, and you have some great (albeit uncredited) songs on Zoom Daddy.

Tim, you have 20 remarkable years of DA history sir, starting with the awesome lines on Doppelganger, and culminating with your phenominal work on MBD.

Tim has been through thick and thin and put in his time, no one can deny that. Berger, you're somewhat outclassed by Tim. With all due respect, if you want respect you have to earn it like Tim has.

Bottom line: Berger, if you want a little more respect from the fan base, you need to call up Camarillo and the boys out of retirement and do a few more Eddies recordings!

02-27-2003 08:37 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

I beg to differ.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

All thanks-for-all-yr-years-of-hard-work-here's-a-frickin'-gold-watch platitudes aside, Berger kicks Chandler's butt. One listen to Zoom Daddy would tell you THAT.

The unfortunately side effect of that, of course, is that because of the heightened plane of bass consciousness he operates on, Berger also kicks his own butt as well, to the point that it's gone right up into his brain....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
02-27-2003 08:54 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

Bottom line: Berger, if you want a little more respect from the fan base, you need to call up Camarillo and the boys out of retirement and do a few more Eddies recordings!

...or perhaps just one Reunion Eddies recording! ?

02-27-2003 10:02 Asherman is offline Send an Email to Asherman Search for Posts by Asherman Add Asherman to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
don't forget....

darn floor, big bite

02-27-2003 10:37 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:

so... you like it? Confused

02-27-2003 15:19 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered

"I'll Get Over It".
02-27-2003 15:24
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Looks like he only knows two songs.

quote:
Watch the surprised looks your friends will have when Billy Bass flaps his tail, turns his head and sings.
02-27-2003 15:31 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Favorite bass songs?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH