Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » yak fer ya » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page yak fer ya
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

yak fer ya Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

daMBERS
I don?t normally slap meself on the back, but this is DA related, so I can get away with it.
I sing and play guitar at the local jail once a month or so, and I gotta tell you it?s the spiritual highlight of my life right now.
Most of the kids there are half my age (with a few exceptions) and one said last night ?Know what I like about you?, you?re not full of sh_t like most all the others that come here.? I consider that a compliment- and told him so.
If PT Barnum could spot that sucker a mile away- people in jail can spot a phoney even farther.
I was never in the ?pokey?- but did things that could have landed me there (haven?t we all?)
Some of these kids are headed to prison, and I tell them honestly ?Look, if all it took was 100 dollars apiece to assure your salvation, I?d start a fund raiser right now for all of you? One guy said ?How bout a fundraiser for my bail??I had to get spiritual right away.
All I can do is encourage them to do what Gods telling them to do-not what me or anyone else might say. But the songs get through-you can tell

DA related?
Their FAVORITE song to hear is
?Startin Monday?
They ask me to do it every time Apparently procrastination is everywhere!

They also ask for the one with ?That list, that list of people who get to go to heaven?
I introduced ?Breathe Deep? one time as a partial list of people who qualify for Gods love and touch.
-thanks Terry, people listen

P and the BL
JiMiNy
05-29-2002 09:05 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by jc
whats with the ???? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey
all my "" marks on the last post
became????
it wasn' me
HONEST (musta been my font when I C and P'd)
JimINy
05-29-2002 09:07 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

I have arrived! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

and should probably quit while I'm ahead-

I'm a Furry Omelette!

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
06-04-2002 12:42 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Cool, jc Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow.

That was a great message, James.

And ya know what? It makes me wonder at all of us ~ in our little cocooned-church-world, slapping each other on the back and doing all the good churchy things, and praise de Lawd all over the place ~ if we're doing the right thing. I mean, GO YE THEREFORE, preaching to all the world.

What you're doing in that prison will probably change more hearts than any Sunday-Go-To-Meetin' service.

Oh, and I have to get to some posting, cuz Joey and ™ have passed me up again. Can't let THAT happen!

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

06-04-2002 15:42 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
Wow.

That was a great message, James.

that is was.....

I'm glad this one came back to the top, I read it at work and didn't have time to respond, then forgot about it. Confused

''If PT Barnum could spot that sucker a mile away- people in jail can spot a phoney even farther.''

I've never had the opportunity to visit our jail system, but I have seen many ''down and out'' people down at the mission. It's the same there. They can tell if you’re just the run of the mill ''Religion Salesman'', or someone who actually cares for them and their well being.

So give yourself an extra slap from me! (on the back of course)

BD

06-04-2002 16:09 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

JC,
Read this when you originally posted, but just now catching up with some stuff. I think this is awesome, and what the Kingdom is all about. You keep up the good work.
LK-9

06-05-2002 11:40 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by jc
thanks to you all Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you folks really build me up-
and I want you to know how much I appreciate that.
it DOES mean a lot to me
yours-
JimIny
06-05-2002 11:57 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Here's a real yak for you: Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sorry, just couldn't resist (even though I probably should have)
06-05-2002 12:03 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

Gamgee,
"Yakety, yak, don't hold back."
LK-9

06-05-2002 12:04 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

my apologies jc Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I forgot in the excitement of my previous post
to mention;

quote:
I sing and play guitar at the local jail once a month or so, and I gotta tell you it?s the spiritual highlight of my life right now.

That is heart warming testimony brother. Real treasure in heaven stuff. That's what it's all about! (-not the hokey-Pokey)

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
06-05-2002 12:10 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

TM,
I agree with you brother. Jiminy, you are the one blessing us here.
LK-9

06-05-2002 12:16 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » yak fer ya

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH