Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mystery Tapes » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mystery Tapes
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Mystery Tapes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My buddy Jeff (I couldn't have done my BBQ without him. He was instrumental!) was driving his wife's car and the tape she had been playing for his kids was left in the player. He thought it was cute and weird and funny, so he pulled it out to find out what it was. There on the cassette was a credit to Terry Taylor. It was Terry's Fruits of the Spirit tape. 4 months ago he'd never heard of the Lost Dogs et al and now they're popping up everywhere!!

Soon he found Harry Whodunit in the same group of tapes. It turns out some relative from the midwest gave them a shoebox full of kids tapes.

He dubbed me copies and now my kids are doing devotions with Uncle Terry!!

They don't have covers or the booklets or baseball cards or whatever else they came with, but they do have all the fun songs and stories that I've never heard. Now my Terry collection is 9 songs bigger!

Does anybody know why the narrator on Fruits of the Spirit references "right there on the cereal box" so frequently? It sounds like the tape came in a box of cowboy crunchies or something like that.

Clues?

zip

August 2005
09-22-2003 15:53 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Fruits of the Spirit Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Fruits of the Spirit "The Whole Armour of God" (FrontlineKids)
Written, Produced and Directed by Terry Taylor

Music by Greg Flesch and Terry Taylor.
Character Voices by Andrew Taylor, Dan Ruple, Terry Taylor, Bob Bennett,
Jerry Chamberlain, Randy Taylor, Debi Taylor, Randy Stonehill,
Riki Michelle, Janet McTaggart, Bethia McTaggart, Nathaniel McTaggart, and others.

http://www.danielamos.com/disco6.html Wink

09-22-2003 16:52 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dale,

I went over to look at that again and noticed in the Rapsures album below it there's another mystery.

"The Rap-sures "Loud, Proud and Born Again" (Star Song)
Produced by "Tyrone", "Darrel", and "JJ Washington" (Terry, Rob Watson and Doug Doyle)
Loud, Proud and Born Again/You Can't Go Around The Cross/Lord Bless This Mess "Cafeteria Food" /Can He, Could He, Would He, Did He?/
Zee Eye Tee/My Little Sister/More Power To Ya/Freddie's Dead, Jesus
Lives/Get Right or Get Left"

Is this a hint that a song on the most recent release was recycled from a long ago children's album?

I've come to expect better.

Anybody heard it and can confirm or deny that the song above is the same as the one on All Day Sing And Dinner On The Ground?

Is that a Terry Taylor cover of a Petra song on there also?

Also, does anybody have the baseball cards from the Fruits of the Spirit?

Dr. Zippago

August 2005
09-22-2003 17:20 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Keep a lookout for "The OT crap" I picked that up for $1 (no inlay card though)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Captain Pedantic: 09-22-2003 17:47.

09-22-2003 17:46 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
Dale,

I went over to look at that again and noticed in the Rapsures album below it there's another mystery.

"The Rap-sures "Loud, Proud and Born Again" (Star Song)
Produced by "Tyrone", "Darrel", and "JJ Washington" (Terry, Rob Watson and Doug Doyle)
Loud, Proud and Born Again/You Can't Go Around The Cross/Lord Bless This Mess "Cafeteria Food" /Can He, Could He, Would He, Did He?/
Zee Eye Tee/My Little Sister/More Power To Ya/Freddie's Dead, Jesus
Lives/Get Right or Get Left"

Is this a hint that a song on the most recent release was recycled from a long ago children's album?

I've come to expect better.

Anybody heard it and can confirm or deny that the song above is the same as the one on All Day Sing And Dinner On The Ground?

different song....completely.

09-22-2003 18:11 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

"Get Right Or Get left" is a take on the old Farrell and Farrell song.

And the old '76 DA song "Jonah and The Whale" ended up kiddie-fied
on a Rap'Sures album.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-22-2003 21:25 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

You can't go around the cross was re-done by Mercy River (produced by Terry)

09-22-2003 21:26 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

"You Can't Go Around the Cross" is also a really old song, dates back to
at least the Jubal's Last Band days.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-22-2003 21:31 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

That's old... 'cause like Jubal was pre-flood Big Grin

Of you mean Terrys pre-DA band....

09-22-2003 21:49 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy
Petra Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

But what about the Petra cover?

Anybody know what the RapSures version sounds like?

I know that the first RapSures sounds like a politically incorrect Rochester and Step and Fetchit.

Mo Powuh too Yuh, Whin We's all in ones accord!

-UnZipped

August 2005
09-23-2003 11:58 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mystery Tapes

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH