Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » friday boys and girls...top 5! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page friday boys and girls...top 5!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

friday boys and girls...top 5! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dambers
I think we all agree that TST has one of the most unique vocal styles bar none-
Its just catchy. We have mentioned others who have great voices and styles?..
Dr Love has the sweetest tenor out there, and other DA/LD manifestations are untouchable in style

But who are your top 5 singers that really have ?pipes? ?
You know what I mean- those who could sing the want ads and you?d want to listen.
within CCM?.

Benjamin Winans
Matthew Ward
Bob Carslile (Pre butterfly days here..Allies)
Russ Taff
No 1???.............John Elefante
Anyone????
JimInY
05-31-2002 09:20 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

WithIN CCM??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is a trick question, right JiMInY?

The only person I'd even think of in that category would be Joanna Hogg of Iona....otherwise:

1) Van Morrison (pure phone-book singer)

2) Peter Gabriel
3) Kate Bush (just flat-out compelling)

4) Johnny Cash
5) Slaid Cleaves (if it's not their song they're singing at the time, it WILL be by the time they're done)

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-31-2002 09:29 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jc
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by jc
well???? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

CS- and all
perhaps you misunderstood-
I was thinkin of those who blast it out
in that Sammy Hagar kind of way
(if your even THINKIN of Ethyl Merman or Celene Dion
-consider yourself slapped)
not to take away from your choices-they are smooth,
but do they shatter glass?
JiMiny
(guess I was listenin to JE to inspire the CCM comment)
05-31-2002 10:06 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Well, if you wanna go THAT way... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just latched onto the "want ads" piece.... Guys (or gurls) who're just LOUD do nothing for me. 150MPH fastballs that miss the strike zone by 10 feet, if you ask me. Pat Benetar would be the ultimate example of powerful voice/no talent. And if I hear that friggin' Toyota commercial with Daltrey screaming "The best I ever HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD...." one more time I'm gonna break something. I mean, lock 'em all in a box with Michael Bolton & get on with it.

But a good scream.... well, now you've got me....

So for $500, I'll take....

1) Tonio K. (pre-CCM)
2) Ian Hunter ("The Journey" or "I Can Feel" could reduce me to tears while punching everything in sight in my mental jukebox even as we speak)
3) Peter Gabriel again
4) Kate Bush again (I mean.... who WOULDN'T?)
5) someone I'll kick myself for forgetting later

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-31-2002 10:21 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jc
Luteous Llama

well taken Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the chide is well recieved
to beller for its own sake is
nauseating. Ie Babwa Strikesout
you never miss the mark
and IAN HUNTER????
you get the gold star!
JiMINy
05-31-2002 10:34 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Über Parrot
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-20-2002
Location: I am Right.........all the time! Repent you lost sinners. Stop your swearing and cussing and drinking and R movies and smoking and laughing and having fun and those stoopid smiley faces

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi JC, I don’t think we’ve met. Did you realize you have the same initials as Jesus does? What a wonderful world it must be for you!

Finally someone who likes my kind of music! Good old CCM.

For the Boys Category:

5: Bryan Duncan
4: Steven Curtis Chapman
3: Michael W. Smith
2: Michael English
1: the Tuxedo Clad Megastar

And for the Women

5: Crystal Lewis
4: Stacy Orrico
3: Rebecca St James
2: Jaci Valasquez
1: Kathy Troccoli

Now I’m going to have to listen to KLOVE all day!

Ü

05-31-2002 10:58 Über Parrot is offline Send an Email to Über Parrot Search for Posts by Über Parrot Add Über Parrot to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

IS THAT??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

U-
is Klove Dr Loves wife?
if its her, I hope she does'nt show
her kloveage.
and my being jc and THE "jc"
is purely coincidental
JiMiny
ps-
fergot to add Tim Miner to my list....
White soul/sole
05-31-2002 11:07 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Über Parrot
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-20-2002
Location: I am Right.........all the time! Repent you lost sinners. Stop your swearing and cussing and drinking and R movies and smoking and laughing and having fun and those stoopid smiley faces

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jc
U-
is Klove Dr Loves wife?

No silly, KLOVE is my favorite CCM station. They play all the best music. From Avalon to ZOEgirl! You just CAN’T beat it.

Now I wish they would play some of Daniel Amos’s more Christian songs, but for some reason they never make the play list?

Oh well.

Ü

(It’s Ü not U)

05-31-2002 11:18 Über Parrot is offline Send an Email to Über Parrot Search for Posts by Über Parrot Add Über Parrot to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

sorry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

u (..)
I cant make that "special" "u"
at least not easy.
I didnt think Daniel Amos had any christian stuff...all their stuff is just good stuff.

Is KLOVE like
Parsley sage rosemary and Klove?
or like a pigs hoove? (UNCLEAN!!!!)

this is the way klove is
this is the way klove is
its a one sided double minded opinion
with no exception
(apologies to the Dear Dr)
JiMInY
05-31-2002 11:27 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Bowling Pin Bowling Pin is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 05-28-2002

That's a big "Amen," Ubie! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You don't mind if I call you Ubie, do you? I see others here doing it.

But what confuses me is people saying they don't hear DA on the radio. I can honestly say there isn't a day that goes by when I don't hear DA, the Dogs, the Eddies, or even Terry's solo stuff at SOME point during the day. I'm surprised people don't call up and complain that it's overkill. But how could you? This stuff never gets old, and city that doesn't hear it is just culturally deprived. I hope you only have this problem by you. Not that I want you to have that problem either. You know what I mean.

05-31-2002 11:29 Bowling Pin is offline Send an Email to Bowling Pin Search for Posts by Bowling Pin Add Bowling Pin to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

Jiminy Christmas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

like this:

press the "Alt" key

now while continuing to hold it down....

PRESS "666"

then let 'em all go at the same time-

--

Now I'll Chime in

5: Twila Paris
4: Brent Bourgeois
3: Keith Green
2: Rich Mullins
1: Mark Heard

sorry Yiminy, I'm a singer/songwriter fan
but here ya go, I'll toss ya this, how 'bout this guy;

Rick Florian!

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
05-31-2002 14:12 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Well, this calls for some thought.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....let's see..............

Yer talkin' ONLY Christian singers, right?

Ummmmmmmmmmm.

5 Kathy Troccoli (Okay, so shoot me. I like her!)
4 Natalie Grant
3 Scott Krippayne
2 Cindy Morgan (she writes songs that speak to me!)
1 Babbie Mason

lots o'chicks there, I see.

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

05-31-2002 14:26 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

Could someone please help me...where can I get the application and to whom do I submit it in order to have my song made a Christian song?

05-31-2002 16:12 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

Hi there! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We're glad you asked! For Christian Song convertion pleas follow the following link !

Thank you in advance for your Song evangelism!

Thank yooouuuuu!! Bu-bye! Okay, Bu-bye! Thank yooouuuuu!!

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
05-31-2002 16:17 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by ™
We're glad you asked! For Christian Song convertion pleas follow the following link !

Oh by GOSH, you mean they are still ALIVE!!!!!?!?!?!!!!

No.....

NO!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

~Kaf
(scarred at childhood by endless 8-track tapes of the Bill Gather Trio...)

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

05-31-2002 17:25 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed
quote:
Originally posted by ™

Oh by GOSH, you mean they are still ALIVE!!!!!?!?!?!!!!

No.....

NO!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

~Kaf
(scarred at childhood by endless 8-track tapes of the Bill Gather Trio...)

And don't forget to vote for your favorite store.

~Kaf

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

05-31-2002 17:27 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

What's up wit' all this CCM crap in this thread??? Confused

05-31-2002 17:33 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » friday boys and girls...top 5!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH