Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry & Mike 9-28-03 @ 'DA Central' » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry & Mike 9-28-03 @ 'DA Central' 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Space Ghost
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 02-07-2003

Terry & Mike 9-28-03 @ 'DA Central' Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got home about an hour ago after having a wonderful evening hanging out at the Audiori's home (or as Mike Roe called it 'DA Central') to see and hear a very intimate performance by Terry & Mike. I can't tell you how grateful I am to have been able to be there...thanks very much to Jason & Eric and their parents for such gracious hospitality. And of course thanks to Terry & Mike for the great show...it was such a treat to be able to sit in the living room and watch these guys interact and perform.

I took a few pics that I will try and resize and upload tomorrow for all to see. I was, however, able to upload a small video I shot on my digital camera to my Yahoo Briefcase. It's not the greatest quality, but if you want to check it out, here's what to do...

Go to my Yahoo Briefcase by clicking HERE

Once there you'll see a bunch of links to various folders...you'll want to click on the link called 'Terry & Mike'. That'll take you to the next page which contains a link to the mpeg file itself. In order for you to download it properly you must *right click* on this link and choose the 'save file as' option. Now, even though the file is only about 4MB in size, often times Yahoo has bandwidth issues, no matter how slow or fast your own connection speed is...in other words, it may take you only a minute or two to get, or it could take 10 minutes or more. Like I said, I'll have to wait til tomorrow to post the pics (I have to go to bed right now).

Anyway, thanks again to the Townsends for the opportunity to share in such a unique performance!

SG

Makes the color of right

Gravity and distance
Change the passage of light
Gravity and distance
Change the color of right

09-28-2003 22:55 Space Ghost is offline Send an Email to Space Ghost Search for Posts by Space Ghost Add Space Ghost to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered
RE: Terry & Mike 9-28-03 @ 'DA Central' Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Very cool El Ghoul!

Iv'e been invited to this Saturday's private party. Can't wait! I'll take plenty of pics too!
09-29-2003 07:29
Space Ghost
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Space Ghost
Cool here's a few pics... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pleased

Makes the color of right

Gravity and distance
Gravity and distance

09-29-2003 13:39 Space Ghost is offline Send an Email to Space Ghost Search for Posts by Space Ghost Add Space Ghost to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hah ha ha ha

Check out the DVD's next to Sir Terry's head....

Cabin Boy!

Chris Elliot cracks me up!
09-29-2003 13:56
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

GooD mpgs, GooD Pics, GooD God lets have another BBQ tour this spring Big Grin

09-29-2003 15:05 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nice photos Dave.. I think those came out better than the ones
we took. Ours came out very dark for some reason... we'll try to
lighten them up and see what happens.

I used one of them in the timeline... hope you don't mind.

We made a video of the show that looks pretty decent. We'll
try to get a clip up at the Dogs site pretty quick.

One of me favorite moments was Mike & Terry playing "Honeysuckle
Breeze" in time with percussive noise of the clock on the fireplace
behind them. That noisy clock bugs the crap out of all of us, but for
some reason we let it share our home with us.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-30-2003 02:04 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

Just some oddball trivia that none of ya care about..

our grandfather painted the duck painting on the wall behind
them, and also carved the wooden ducks that are on the fireplace...
I think our mother painted the flower dealy... and Jason scuplted the
flower pot in grade school...

had we known you'd be able to examine our DVD collection,
we'd have stacked the deck and put something fun in the
first few sections there. I guess Chris Elliott is good enough.
No collection is complete without a copy of Cabin Boy. I just
wish the DVD holder would have stood up straight for the
photo...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-30-2003 02:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

No such thing as oddball trivia... all is relevant.

Real people in real homes… very cool.

…better than reality TV.

Another favorite is Groundhog Day as I see in the collection.
09-30-2003 07:25
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

It looks like it was a great night!

I'm floored by how cool it is that you can have these guys at your house!! It's a little unnerving actually.

I wish I had enough duckets to have them back up to my place at the trailer park!

Bit of trivia I wish I'd shared with Terry when he was here: Not only did Roy Rogers do his movies where we had Mike and Terry play, but I found out that they filmed some episodes of Zorro here too!

Okay, back to your thread. Sorry I interrupted.

I was surprised to see wooden ducks in the pictures. Not very polynesian of you.

Your ZippetyDooDaddy is Down.

August 2005
09-30-2003 14:32 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Space Ghost
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Space Ghost

>>Nice photos...I think those came out better than the ones
we took. Ours came out very dark for some reason... we'll try to
lighten them up and see what happens.

I used one of them in the timeline... hope you don't mind.<<

Oh, I don't mind at all...it's actually sort of flattering (don't worry, I won't develop an 'Ansel Adams' complex' Wink ) A few of the pics I took were dark, too, and I was trying to avoid using the flash as much as possible, so I had to lighten up the contrast a bit myself on a few. The Terry shot above is proudly displayed as my desktop wallpaper right now! Pleased

>>One of me favorite moments was Mike & Terry playing "Honeysuckle
Breeze" in time with percussive noise of the clock on the fireplace
behind them. That noisy clock bugs the crap out of all of us, but for
some reason we let it share our home with us.<<

Yes, that was a pretty cool moment. I also liked the time when Terry over-sang the 'Oer (the song's title escapes me now) and Mike stopped mid-stream and they discussed it...that was classic...and then when they resumed Terry did it again! But I'll tell you what I liked the most, and that was when the guys first arrived and Terry sat there on the couch just talking about different stuff. I know we sometimes have a tendency to deify our artistic heroes (at least I do), so it's refreshing to be able to sit right next to someone like Terry Taylor and converse with him about 'stuff'. Yet, I did get a bit tongue-tied and choked up later when I shared with him my deep love and affection for 'Darn Floor Big Bite' (as has been discussed in another current thread, it's the best DA album IMHO).

>>had we known you'd be able to examine our DVD collection,
we'd have stacked the deck and put something fun in the
first few sections there.<<

Well, let me just say that on the few passing glances I gave to your collection, noticed that you guys have good tastes in movies...for what it's worth. Tongue

Anyway, let us know if and when you get that video clip online...I'm sure it'll look waaaaay better than the one I contributed. Thanks again, guys!

SG

Makes the color of right

Gravity and distance
Gravity and distance

09-30-2003 15:15 Space Ghost is offline Send an Email to Space Ghost Search for Posts by Space Ghost Add Space Ghost to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

hey aud Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any wear and tear on the guys since the tour started?

I'm sure they've had fun, got sick of each other, hated each other and fell in love all over again at least twice in the past couple months. Did you see any clue that all was not well in the camp or are they just as spritely as they were on August 1st?

August 2005
09-30-2003 17:10 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Administrator

It seemed like they were getting a bit tired, but doing well
overall. Mike had a bit of a sore throat and requested hot
lemony stuff.

They generally seemed to be in a good mood though.

09-30-2003 23:29 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry & Mike 9-28-03 @ 'DA Central'

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH