Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Dogs in California » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dogs in California
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Dogs in California Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have been in dialogue with Tim White, and the Dogs ARE NOT going to do CA shows. I asked him to lay it on the line with me, what would it take to get them here. He writes: "$1500 guarantee
airfares - three
three hotel rooms
a meal after the show
that's what it would take"
This would be for a Northern California show in Concord. Come on CA fans, what should I do??
LK-9

05-31-2002 13:29 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

in the words of Elwood Blues Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Doesn't the church hafta cover that?"

Yikes! and yet... My son is the lights technician for Al Jarreau and I can tell you that what the Dogs are askin' is quite reasonable.

I think the best bet is for them to come in as the opening act for some bigger dogs who can foot the bill-

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
05-31-2002 13:45 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

SOUNDS TO ME.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

like ya oughta start sellin swiss vanilla booboo bars.

I dont see the DA/Eddies/Dogs/77s/ etc
committed to a day yet at
Lifest in Oshkosh (b'gosh),WI
I NEED to know that b4 I say
"I'm there" buddies.
JiM'Ny
05-31-2002 13:53 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I could guarantee a party of four.

Advanced ticket sales?

Concord is close...I saw Kiss there two summers ago with ed Nugent. If I went for them, I would be there with friends for the dogs.

I could even let the music fans at church know.
05-31-2002 19:09 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden

Concord is close...I saw Kiss there two summers ago with Ted Nugent

nice!

05-31-2002 19:18 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
John Galt
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 06-01-2002

I will go to Concord with people

My wife digs them even though she left a 77s concert way back in the day because it was too loud. We were dating then and I still married her.
Did I step outside or offer to take her home? No, I stayed for the show and then took her to her home.

She like the Dogs though, especially Real Men Cry. That is a great cd. It is very smooth. Took a few listenings and now is played weekly in the house. Still love Gift Horse. That one should have gone platinum on the country charts.

I could get people to go.
06-01-2002 19:30 John Galt is offline Send an Email to John Galt Search for Posts by John Galt Add John Galt to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

quote:
My wife digs them even though she left a 77s concert way back in the day because it was too loud. We were dating then and I still married her.
Did I step outside or offer to take her home? No, I stayed for the show and then took her to her home.

that's funny ----- but what you should have said is "and she still married me"!
j/k
06-01-2002 19:49 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
Sheryl
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

LK-9 and others in N.Cali... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sounds like a reasonable deal. If there are a few(3-5 ?) who would be willing to pool together then it would cut the initial cost down making it more manageable. Say three split the initial cost which would be $500 + 1/3 hotel and food each. Then if we get at least 200 peaple at $10/ticket we should cover cost with a little extra for a cushion. These are all arbitrary and just as an example. It seems that there is interest. ? is - Is there enough of it to make it a reality?
Last Dec. I flew to Seattle to go to the show Theo organized for Andy's Angels featuring Terry and Mike. Every penny was worth it. Concord is a stone's throw away considering. I'd love to have the opportunity to invite my friends to a Dogs show. Let them experience it firsthand so they don't have to hear it from me for once.
Sooo, LK-9, I'm interested to help out, pool together, if there are others as well.

Sheryl from Berkeley
06-03-2002 01:32 Sheryl is offline Send an Email to Sheryl Search for Posts by Sheryl Add Sheryl to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Dogs in California

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH