Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Fan Clubs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fan Clubs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Fan Clubs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello,

We are currently not taking fan club subscriptions so that we
can get caught up on all fan club memberships. We are also
currently discussing the future of the Avocado Club with Terry.
We will keep everyone updated on what is decided.

For those of you that were not aware of how the fan clubs
were done (it seems like many people were not), let us give
you a brief rundown of how things work. Joining a fan club
is like subscribing to a magazine, in a way. When a person
subscribes, they are not entitled to every single fan club release
that has ever been made - they are only entitled to the next
two releases that follow their subscription. (Although, we do
usually try to send older titles when available.) There is also no
promise that a subscriber will receive a fan club disc *immediately*
after joining (just as you would not necessarily receive a magazine
immediately after subscribing). The main difference between the
fan clubs and a magazine subscription is that there has never
been a firm schedule with the fan club releases. This has always
been out of our hands. We simply make the covers and ship the
fan club discs as they are sent to us. They are usually sent to
us at random times throughout the year.
But that is part of what we have been discussing with Terry.
We've needed a better way of doing things for a while,
and thanks to the guys that volinteered we probably will have
a better way soon. But we want to get some things straightened
out before we turn it over to them.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-30-2003 18:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I viewed the club as a way to support the band and hope to get up to two releases per year. I enjoyed getting stuff that would have never seen the light of day. Perhaps offer less and on occasion over deliver. You can't force Terry into a hole until he creates something every six months.

I thought the price was low for what we got. I did spend 60 on TT,77 and Mike Roe. I received three disks out of that. (the other 77s and Mike Roe will be sent eventually) Bottomline:I know that I am getting very cool unique music from my all time favorite bands. Priceless.

The 77s Christmas was outstanding and would have outsold Amy Grunt if given a chance in a world made right.
11-05-2003 22:48 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes we agree.

The whole thing needs reworked to some degree. When
JT sent out the announcement, I believe he did intend to do
everything that was promised, but it has proven to be
unrealistic to support those promises through the store. Instead
of the clubs being something that made a little extra money for
the guys while getting some interesting and unique music released,
they became something of a ball and chain for the store... slowing us
down and causing a lot of headaches.

The things that were released were things that would not of seen
the light of day otherwise. So, in that sense they are really cool.

One major flaw with the way they were set up was that we had
nothing to do with setting it up, but we ended up having to fulfill the
promises that were made. We had no control over when the discs
would arrive here, for example. There needs to be a stricter schedule.

We've been talking with Terry the last week or so concerning his
plans for the site, the fan clubs, future releases, etc. Things are
going to start having more of a clearer direction and structure.
There are other people that will be involved soon, and together
we can turn things in a better direction.

In the meantime we are working hard to fix some of the mistakes and
fulfill the current memberships.

j and e

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-05-2003 23:05 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

why were you guys clubbing fans, anyway? Were there no baby seals around?

11-08-2003 18:14 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
why were you guys clubbing fans, anyway? Were there no baby seals around?

Shocked

Big Grin

11-10-2003 10:00 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

well- hurry up - I missed membership earlier
and I am 20 bucks flush at the moment-
so snap to it!

jk of course...........

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
11-10-2003 10:35 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

I'm sure woggy would give you a good clubbing for $20!

Tongue

11-10-2003 22:49 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Club me! Club me!

I've been a baaaaaaaaaaaaad bunny!

11-16-2003 17:41 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Oh, please let me!

This will be much more fun than a baby seal! And i'll give him an extra whack for Abe Wink
11-16-2003 17:43 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I like a good clubbing every now and again...as long as I have the club in my hand.

11-16-2003 18:20 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Raelinor Raelinor is a female
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-04-2003

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
I like a good clubbing every now and again...as long as I have the club in my hand.

LOL

01-30-2004 01:07 Raelinor is offline Send an Email to Raelinor Homepage of Raelinor Search for Posts by Raelinor Add Raelinor to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Raelinor: Raelinor YIM Account Name of Raelinor: Raelinor
Raelinor Raelinor is a female
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-04-2003

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
Club me! Club me!

I've been a baaaaaaaaaaaaad bunny!

Me and me daddy were just saying that statement tonight. Uncanny! Big Grin

When does the fan clubbing get resolved, anywhoo? Such foul play! j/k. Big Grin Or, maybe I'm not.... this lil stinker wants in on the clubbing!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raelinor: 01-30-2004 01:10.

01-30-2004 01:09 Raelinor is offline Send an Email to Raelinor Homepage of Raelinor Search for Posts by Raelinor Add Raelinor to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Raelinor: Raelinor YIM Account Name of Raelinor: Raelinor
samson samson is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Avocado Club Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I did this>>> Renew your Membership to the Avocado Club ...

now what
Confused
03-02-2004 04:48 samson is offline Send an Email to samson Search for Posts by samson Add samson to your Buddy List
Administrator

Anyone that renewed will still get something for their money.
The Avocado Club may continue - so the renewed sub may just
go towards that. If the club closes down, then we'll give folks
that renewed a chance to either receive something special (we
don't know what that would be yet), have credit in the store or
just get a refund.

03-02-2004 06:34 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DrDanAmos DrDanAmos is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-628.gif

Registration Date: 09-06-2003

I am just curious about me. I joined the fan club and really got nothing for it. I am not complaining, it's just out of your control, but just curious what you would do for the types like me if the fan clubs go away. I didn't even get a single CD. I am not sure when I joined, either.

upload photos to paste code
03-06-2004 16:27 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
Administrator

All current members will receive the two AC club releases,
even if the clubs end up shutting down. We have some discs
that will be going out in the coming weeks and will probably
have to invest in some additional discs ourselves. One way or
another, we'll get those two releases to the current club members.

03-06-2004 16:41 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

edit...ignore me I just read further up and you answered my question

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Captain Pedantic: 03-06-2004 21:29.

03-06-2004 21:28 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

I don't understand why I never received the second 77s cd nor the only Mike Roe cd from the fan club.
03-29-2004 19:45 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Administrator

Me neither... send us a note at audiori@77s.com

04-14-2004 14:51 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Fan Clubs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH