Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry Taylor On The American Music Awards!!!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry Taylor On The American Music Awards!!!!! 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I kind of enjoyed Rod Stewart. He's been doing some more classic "show tunes", and the dance was to enhance the mood of the song he was singing. Would you say the same about Fred Astaire (although Rod AIN'T no Fred..............)??

And Luther Vandross's Mom..............how sweet was that? Although I can't stomach that schmaltzy song he's got on the airwaves (Dance with my Father..........it's just TOO much).

And did anyone see Clay Aiken & Ruben Studdard do their duet? The end was truly beautiful.......they sang about Jesus and everything! Lovely.

The Smother's Brothers were cool...and it amazes me that they don't LOOK like they're a hundred years old Smile Smile

BUT I'm so incredibly sick of that little ho, Britney...........can't anyone tell her to PUT SOME CLOTHES ON? Ewwwwwwwwwwwww - although I didn't see her performance, I saw a few pics.

and there was a bit too much country music on this one.............I can only take so much!

Okay, there's my 10 cents Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

11-17-2003 11:50 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yep, he told us he enjoyed it. He said the food was good too.

We taped it as well...we do know a shot of Glen Cambell in the
audience was aired...so maybe he was in that?

j and e

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-17-2003 13:29 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! RE: Speaking as a Gay Man... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Democracy's Blind
quote:
Originally posted by Vox Robotica
I watched about five minutes, but couldn't take anymore when I saw Rod Stewart do a really weird, kinda gay dance.
Then I had to turn it off.
[Frown
~VR~

...That remark is a tad bit offensive to me!!!

That's right DB! Don't take any guff from these swine! Pleased

11-17-2003 15:21 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Democracy's Blind Democracy's Blind is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 08-22-2003

Speaking as a Gay Man... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
Terry was there. His wife Debbie and Rob Watson were too.
Terry wore the "B" hat from the sleeve of MBD....
By any chance did anyone catch The Bomb Squad's performance? And if so can you give me an unbiased, honest, outsider's point of view?
I need feedback.
-Zip

(I assume the "B" hat is the Boston baseball cap...?)

I will watch the Bomb Squad tonite as I look for Terry and friends again,
I will give you my feedback,
Completely un-biased, of course!

I am one of the few, the proud, who doesn't state his opinions as if they were facts!
Red Face Smile Cool
11-17-2003 15:38 Democracy's Blind is offline Send an Email to Democracy's Blind Search for Posts by Democracy's Blind Add Democracy's Blind to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy
RE: Speaking as a Gay Man... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Democracy's Blind

(I assume the "B" hat is the Boston baseball cap...?)
Yeah. It's a nice one too! It's leather.

quote:
Originally posted by Democracy's BlindI will watch the Bomb Squad tonite as I look for Terry and friends again,
I will give you my feedback,
Completely un-biased, of course!
Thank you. I really appreciate that. They followed Metallica! Terry thought that was a bad spot to play. Metallica is a tough act to follow.

August 2005

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by zippetydoodaddy: 11-17-2003 15:45.

11-17-2003 15:44 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Thumb Up! bomb squad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it seemed like it would be a tough spot (following metallica) but i think they pulled it off quite nicely. they were confident and tight....speaking of which...can we get someone to dress the singer. she was great, but the outfit just didn't work, imho.

i enjoyed the song, it was a cool blend deliveredvery well. overall, i was very impressed with the band (which is no easy feat). i will be expecting great things from them in the future....ummmm...they do have more than the one song....right? Wink

keep me posted on them. good job.

11-17-2003 20:30 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Democracy's Blind Democracy's Blind is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 08-22-2003

Frown more bomb squad etc, Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, here goes. I'm putting on my critic hat!!!
I can't fault them on performance, I thought they played well, as Mr Berlin stated.
But I didn't get into their style.
I mean, the musical style didn't appeal to me.
It was kind of interesting though,
Hearing that 70's synthesizer type sound at the beginning...
Maybe I just wasn't in a dancing mood last night!
Roll Eyes
TerrySpotting:
I didn't see Terry in the crowd. There _were_ a couple shots of Glen Campbell and Weird AL, but either not enough time or not enough people around them were visible,

As Woggy said, I was touched by the gospel ending of the idoL guys,

And Britney? Well, I thought she had more clothes on than usual! I thought her thighs looked big..... Wink
I had to turn off the sound. Her voice is so tinny, nasally, grating, whatever. I've yet to actually hear her sing.
At least what I would call singing.

Ok, one more. Who else hears a musical similarity between the new Fleetwood Mac song and "KodaChrome" by Paul Simon.???

I'm done for now, hope i wasn't too offensive!
Frown Confused
11-18-2003 08:03 Democracy's Blind is offline Send an Email to Democracy's Blind Search for Posts by Democracy's Blind Add Democracy's Blind to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Shocked RE: Speaking as a Gay Man... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
Terry thought that was a bad spot to play. Metallica is a tough act to follow.

Ya think??? Tongue

11-18-2003 08:15 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I disagree with Terry on a point... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

He said in his piece how he thought it was kind of funny how his musical eclecticism is more hip than most kids. He also went to comment on the prefabricated pop-stars like Aiken and Britney and how disposable their music is.

Well, who said it was about the music? I think the main reason kids love Britney and the American Idols is the same reason why kids used to love rock... because their parents hate 'em. It's rebellion in its purest form. Hipness and quality have nothing to do with it. Heck, if you were looking for quality, the last place one should try to find it is an awards show.

By the way, "Peacekeeper", that Fleetwood Mac song everyone says sounds like "Kodachrome", was written for Lindsey Buckingham's solo LP "Gift Of Screws" and had a much different, higher skewed pitch. I heard it and like his original version (demo?) better. The reason for lowering the pitch was because, after it became a possibility to 'reform' the Mac, Stevie Nicks' voice is so shot-out huskyfied now, she could never have brought the ball to the hoop.

Unfortunately, now the comparison becomes glaring.

DwD
11-23-2003 21:50 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

RE: I disagree with Terry on a point... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Well, who said it was about the music? I think the main reason kids love Britney and the American Idols is the same reason why kids used to love rock... because their parents hate 'em.

I think to some extent that is true, but I've found the rebellion thing to be more commonplace with bands. The guys we (Adam and I) work with have a band of their own, which is essentially a screaming hardcore metal band. I don't know how anyone could like this type of "music." It's so hard to shock people now you have to resort to extreme measures like this.

Besides, I think it has more to do with the exposed midriffs and gratuitous breast shots.

Moreover, I don't think you are disagreeing. You are simply expounding on his point.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by arcticsunburn: 11-24-2003 01:19.

11-24-2003 01:16 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Ceremonial Kernel

Fair enough, but... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Besides, I think it has more to do with the exposed midriffs and gratuitous breast shots. "

Don't forget that parents hated Elvis because of the hip swivel. They called him "Elvis The Pelvis". Had nothing to do with what he was singing.

Not that I think any of our teenyboppers of today are destined for Elvis' heights or depths, but it has always come down to a visual, and sexual, component that made parents absolutely HATE what their kids listened to.

Don't forget: rock and roll itself is a allusion to... you know... thingy.

Thingy?

You know! Thingy.
DwD
11-24-2003 07:18 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Woolly Eggwhisk

RE: Fair enough, but... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
"Besides, I think it has more to do with the exposed midriffs and gratuitous breast shots. "

Don't forget that parents hated Elvis because of the hip swivel. They called him "Elvis The Pelvis". Had nothing to do with what he was singing.

Not that I think any of our teenyboppers of today are destined for Elvis' heights or depths, but it has always come down to a visual, and sexual, component that made parents absolutely HATE what their kids listened to.

Don't forget: rock and roll itself is a allusion to... you know... thingy.

Thingy?

You know! Thingy.
DwD

POOPOOS?

August 2005
11-24-2003 11:37 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Poo Poos? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nooooo!

You know!

" t h i n g y . . . "
11-24-2003 17:26 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Woolly Eggwhisk

Oh thank God for that!! Excuse me a moment.

This Monty Python moment was brought to you by Two Dorks On The Internet in association with Losers Online, a production of Can't Get Girls Entertainment, a division of Momma's Boys, Inc.

August 2005
11-24-2003 17:36 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

About the only thing that would be more pathetic... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A rousing debate over the discrepancies between the first and second Star Wars trilogies.

If that doesn't chase the other chromosomes over the far wall, nothing will.

DwD
11-24-2003 17:43 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Woolly Eggwhisk

I went to a Star Trek convention once...

...for research.

I was writing a script.

I'm getting deeper, aren't I?

August 2005
11-24-2003 17:46 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Go right ahead, sir. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The deeper you dig, the sexier I get to the ladies!

Heh heh heh!

Fine. I'm sorry.
DwD
11-24-2003 17:55 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Woolly Eggwhisk

curses. soiled again.

August 2005
11-24-2003 18:34 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

If it wern't for those darn kids I would've gotten away with it....

11-24-2003 18:51 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
American Music - Violent Femmes

"Can -- can I put in somethin' like ... this is 'American
Music' , take one.... 1, 2, 3, 4!"
Do you like American music ? I like American music
Don't you like American music , baaaabyyyy
I want you to hold me, I want your arms around me
I want you to hold me, baby
Did you do too many drugs ? I did too many drugs
Did you do too many drugs too, baby
You were born too late , I was born too soon
Every time I look at that ugly moon
It reminds me of you, it reminds me of you
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh
I need a date to the prom , would you like to come along
Nobody will go to the prom with me, baby
They didn't like American music , they never heard American music
They didn't know the music was in my soul , baby
You were born too soon , I was born too late
But every time I look at that ugly lake , It reminds me of meeee
(d'you like American music )
It reminds me of meeee

(d'you like American music )
It reminds me of meeee
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh
D'you like American music ? (We like American music )
I like American music (Baaaabyyyyy )
D'you like American music (We like all kinds of music )
But I like American music best (Baaaabyyyy )
You were born too late , I was born too late
But every time I look at that ugly lake , it reminds me of me
It reminds me of meeee (do you like American Music )
It reminds me of meeee (I can hear the music )
It reminds me of meeee (sweet , sweet music )

11-24-2003 19:06 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry Taylor On The American Music Awards!!!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH