Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Nazarene: Give It Time » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Nazarene: Give It Time 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Real soon. some of that type stuff will be on the
Daniel Amos/Jubal's Last Band resissue/special edition.
We will be sending off some CDRs to Terry and Tom this
week, maybe we can get this thing manufactured real soon.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-09-2004 09:01 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

RE: directly from God Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lostmyshape
but then i really listened to it... wow... it made me cry... especially crushing hand. this is maybe the dogs' greatest release (although i've said that at one time or another about all of they're discs). it is truly from the Lord!

Crushing Hand is one of my favorite off NCT. Pleased

It's been a while since I gave it a listen. Guess its time to give it a spin! Smile )

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
08-09-2004 12:14 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's one of those CDs you don't need all the time, but when you need it you NEED IT. And yeah, "Crushing Hand" gets me every time too.

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
08-09-2004 12:23 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Ubique Epoque

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I really needed NCT! That was great (especially crushing hand - that's why it's quoted in my sig!) Pleased

Smile
08-09-2004 14:32 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Real soon. some of that type stuff will be on the
Daniel Amos/Jubal's Last Band resissue/special edition.
We will be sending off some CDRs to Terry and Tom this
week, maybe we can get this thing manufactured real soon.

more soon than real, eh?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-09-2004 14:49 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Well, soon it will be real.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-09-2004 14:56 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Pleased

Smile
08-09-2004 14:58 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

It didn't need time for me to love this one. Great songs every single one of them.

BTW I don't like country music.... odd huh?

08-09-2004 19:06 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
It didn't need time for me to love this one. Great songs every single one of them.

BTW I don't like country music.... odd huh?

I loved NCT from the moment we got it! Pleased

btw, I do like country music.... Wink

... old time country ~ not this new stuff they call country but is really countrified pop music. Yuk Mad

Smile
08-10-2004 00:09 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Bret 2.0 Bret 2.0 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 07-11-2004

I love Naz Cryin' Towel, but then again...I love all the Lost Dogs recordings. My preference was more along the lines of "Scenic Routes" or "Little Red Ridin' Hood", but I have loved all the recordings.

Of all the recordings, tho, the only one that has disappointed me in any way, was the "production" on "Real Men Cry". There are some great songs on that album, but the production seemed too hot, and not very balanced. It's a shame, but I still dig the album anyway.

The only other thing that I would request of the guys, is this...PLEASE make the albums longer than 35 minutes. Ok...that is a very selfish request.

Real Rock Radio

08-10-2004 23:05 Bret 2.0 is offline Send an Email to Bret 2.0 Homepage of Bret 2.0 Search for Posts by Bret 2.0 Add Bret 2.0 to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Bret 2.0
The only other thing that I would request of the guys, is this...PLEASE make the albums longer than 35 minutes. Ok...that is a very selfish request.

Very selfish...

yet very valid! Tongue

Please, oh please, oh please! Big Grin

Smile
08-11-2004 00:36 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I love all the Lost Dogs recordings.

Me too! Pleased Cool

Smile
08-11-2004 00:38 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:

Very selfish...

yet very valid! Tongue

Please, oh please, oh please! Big Grin

Hey...I just figured out how to fix this problem.

Save up and play two CD's at a time!

I have Mutt & NCT in the player at one time, and it's about the same length as some of the earlier recordings.

Big Grin

Real Rock Radio

08-11-2004 08:25 Bret 2.0 is offline Send an Email to Bret 2.0 Homepage of Bret 2.0 Search for Posts by Bret 2.0 Add Bret 2.0 to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

I lost mine. Frown
08-11-2004 08:39 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
I love Naz Cryin' Towel, but then again...I love all the Lost Dogs recordings. My preference was more along the lines of "Scenic Routes" or "Little Red Ridin' Hood", but I have loved all the recordings.

Of all the recordings, tho, the only one that has disappointed me in any way, was the "production" on "Real Men Cry". There are some great songs on that album, but the production seemed too hot, and not very balanced. It's a shame, but I still dig the album anyway.

I agree with Bret on all counts here. Only more vehemently. Big Grin

08-11-2004 08:40 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by carl
quote:

I agree with Bret on all counts here. Only more vehemently. Big Grin

This scares me! Shocked

Big Grin

Real Rock Radio

08-11-2004 08:45 Bret 2.0 is offline Send an Email to Bret 2.0 Homepage of Bret 2.0 Search for Posts by Bret 2.0 Add Bret 2.0 to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

OK, the part about still digging Real Men Cry anyway was off. But the rest of the analysis was dead-on. Big Grin

08-11-2004 08:51 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Woolly Eggwhisk

CP: Be My Hiding Place

Probably my favorite on NCT.

Real Rock Radio

08-11-2004 09:08 Bret 2.0 is offline Send an Email to Bret 2.0 Homepage of Bret 2.0 Search for Posts by Bret 2.0 Add Bret 2.0 to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

i pop this one in when i can't sleep............. Red Face

08-11-2004 12:15 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Yes, it's not kid rock Big Grin

I love NCT. I play it all the time in the car Tongue

08-11-2004 12:19 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Nazarene: Give It Time

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH