Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Nazarene: Give It Time » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Nazarene: Give It Time 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Nazarene: Give It Time DwDunphy 11-18-2003 18:02
 RE: Nazarene: Give It Time dorfsmith 11-18-2003 18:48
 some of their finest work freak 11-18-2003 19:10
 RE: Nazarene: Give It Time baxter 11-18-2003 19:26
 RE: Nazarene: Give It Time Joey T. 11-18-2003 19:38
 RE: Nazarene: Give It Time baxter 11-18-2003 19:39
 RE: Nazarene: Give It Time Joey T. 11-18-2003 19:48
 RE: Nazarene: Give It Time baxter 11-18-2003 19:50
 Let's spin some more John Foxe 11-18-2003 22:46
 RE: Nazarene: Give It Time audiori 11-19-2003 00:05
 RE: Nazarene: Give It Time dennis 11-19-2003 15:08
 RE: Nazarene: Give It Time dorfsmith 11-19-2003 22:25
 RE: Nazarene: Give It Time Jimmy Brown 12-12-2019 11:29
 RE: Nazarene: Give It Time zippetydoodaddy 11-19-2003 01:31
 RE: Nazarene: Give It Time Squidzit 11-19-2003 07:46
 Nazarene Crying Towel DaLe 11-19-2003 08:19
 RE: Nazarene: Give It Time dennis 11-19-2003 08:39
 RE: Nazarene: Give It Time jiminy 11-19-2003 09:01
 directly from God lostmyshape 11-19-2003 09:57
 RE: directly from God bereal 08-09-2004 12:14
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Nazarene: Give It Time Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When I first got "Nazarene Crying Towel", I liked it but relegated it to the back of the travel folder. It was very folk / country and, I guess at that time, wasn't what I was looking for as a regular rotation item.

Last week I popped it in again, and maybe I was feeling more mellow at the moment, but everything that slid off last time stuck this time. So to all the folks looking more for "Little Red Serenade Part Three", give it another spin.

Not that I'm saying anything terribly revelatory here...
DwD
11-18-2003 18:02 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I love it.

11-18-2003 18:48 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

some of their finest work Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nazarene Towel feels a lot more authentic; more collaborative and has an almost "jesus music" feel...

It seems that Maranatha! could have released this one... some of the highlights for me... Moses In the Desert; Come Down Here; Mercy Again; Cry Out Loud; Crushing Hand & Darkest Night...

Definitely on the country side - but the three-legged dog's harmonies and collaboration seem to have really hit its stride...

I agree - it is a Little Red Room Serenade vintage for me.

dit, dit, doo
11-18-2003 19:10 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Are our posts supposed to be terribly revelatory? Uh oh...

i love it too.
11-18-2003 19:26 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

i put this one in when i can't sleep...... Red Face

11-18-2003 19:38 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thank you, Mr. T!

That was terribly revelatory.
11-18-2003 19:39 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i try! Big Grin

11-18-2003 19:48 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't look now, but i think there are sausages in the tub.
11-18-2003 19:50 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Let's spin some more Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The whole recording sounds understated to me.

Like most other Terry works, I think I need to spin this a lot more times and get some more depth.

11-18-2003 22:46 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

My first thought when I heard it was it reminds me of very
early DA...sort of the type of music Terry did around the Son Worshippers
time period. Simple, worshipful songs.

Reminds me, we need to get the Son Worshippers out..

We really, really need to do something to get some of those
really old songs out.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-19-2003 00:05 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

really old songs out.

That would be very cool! Cool

11-19-2003 15:08 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:

really old songs out.

Hopefully soon???

11-19-2003 22:25 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

quote:

really old songs out.

Has there been any progress on this?
12-12-2019 11:29 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Here Here!

"Jesus is my soul!
Jesus makes me whole!"

August 2005
11-19-2003 01:31 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

I loved it the first time I heard it! By now I've come to expect something different from Terry with every new release. I have not expectations for his new albums, except that they will be great and different from the last! Cool

~Groucho~
11-19-2003 07:46 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! Nazarene Crying Towel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

11-19-2003 08:19 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

It is a very good CD.

A bit on the short side, but very solid. Cool

11-19-2003 08:39 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I bought it at the BBQ-
and wore it out for a month-
now I gotta get it out again......
you guys are baiting me.

I liked it from the go- my daughter really likes the Dogs side of TST-
last night she was singin "Come down here" quietly as we were goin to Walmart.
Whats that do to a daddy-eh?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
11-19-2003 09:01 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
lostmyshape lostmyshape is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 10-02-2003

directly from God Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah... when i first listened to this (in the car, after hastily unwrapping it while walking from the music store where i bought it), i was sort of disappointed. where's the rollicking fun of the dogs? the jokes, the quips, the countryfied rocknroll?

but then i really listened to it... wow... it made me cry... especially crushing hand. this is maybe the dogs' greatest release (although i've said that at one time or another about all of they're discs). it is truly from the Lord!

i'd listen to it more, but my girlfriend took it and won't give it back! she's had a lot of problems with anxiety and it calms her down... helps her see that God is in control.

does the same with me... we've had a lot of Moses in the Desert moments lately.
11-19-2003 09:57 lostmyshape is offline Send an Email to lostmyshape Search for Posts by lostmyshape Add lostmyshape to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

RE: directly from God Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lostmyshape
but then i really listened to it... wow... it made me cry... especially crushing hand. this is maybe the dogs' greatest release (although i've said that at one time or another about all of they're discs). it is truly from the Lord!

Crushing Hand is one of my favorite off NCT. Pleased

It's been a while since I gave it a listen. Guess its time to give it a spin! Smile )

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
08-09-2004 12:14 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Nazarene: Give It Time

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH