Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Horrendous Disc advertised!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Horrendous Disc advertised!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Shocked Horrendous Disc advertised!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Whoa! Shocked First we hear that DA is gonna be first in the CCM hall Of Fame then Terry speculates on a possible Dove Award! Shocked A full article in next months CCM! Shocked

Now I'm looking through the pages of the current FamilyChristian Stores advertisement and what do I find? A quarter page ad for everyones favorite!!!!! Horrendous Disc!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

It's on sale for $14.97 and they have the following to say about it Big Grin

quote:

A popular pick on critics best of CCM lists, Daniel Amos' classic Horrendous Disc foreshadowed the dark-tinged angst that would define mainstream alternative rock a decade later. Orginally released in 1981, this re-release includes new liner notes and all nine songs from the U.S. version, including the hit "I Love You #19."

Maybe the boys are finally gonna get the respect they deserve. Big Grin

11-23-2003 01:01 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's a start anyway Pleased

11-23-2003 01:40 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I saw it to...

What version of HD is that? It didn't look like the version I picked up a year or so ago - it didn't mention the two LN bonus tracks; and I don't think it said "Historic Archive Series" at the top - I threw it away so I can't confirm...

Did LN arrange this re-re-release? Three of his early albums and a Stonehill release were also in the ad...

They were for a pretty good price, as well - 14 or 15 bucks.

dit, dit, doo
11-23-2003 05:56 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Can a World tour with Wilco as the opening act be far off? Cool

I like Wilco! Pleased

~Groucho~
11-23-2003 10:43 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Horrendous Disc at FamilyChristian

Check it out...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-23-2003 11:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by JR88

cool Big Grin

11-23-2003 11:21 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
Can a World tour with Wilco as the opening act be far off? Cool

I like Wilco! Pleased

Tongue
11-23-2003 12:25 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

My goodness, is it time for the parousia?

11-23-2003 13:36 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

RE: Horrendous Disc advertised!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
Whoa! Shocked First we hear that DA is gonna be first in the CCM hall Of Fame then Terry speculates on a possible Dove Award! Shocked A full article in next months CCM! Shocked

I'm not familiar with the protocol should DA become popular. Will I have to accuse them of "selling out" and listen to other music? That is what fans of "cult" groups do, isn't it?

11-23-2003 23:35 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Yes.

It is going to be ugly. Joey and Dorf will leav the board first. After the Dogs win a Dove for NCT (my son tells me they are nominated?), the kingdom will be practically empty.
11-23-2003 23:43 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

I just checked the Dove Awards site and according to their nomination schedule the nominations don't happen until January.

BUT...

Derri and the Choir won last year for City On A Hill.

August 2005
11-24-2003 11:55 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

I hope more people start listening to DA. I love the fact we kinda have an exclusive little underground clube here but, it would be nice to see the guys make a little money from thier talents. Smile

11-24-2003 14:24 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Driver?? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's exactly what they make, Driver. A little money.

August 2005
11-24-2003 15:40 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Ok Ok A LOT of money Roll Eyes

11-24-2003 15:50 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Shocked DA's going "big music"? Shocked

~Groucho~
11-24-2003 17:10 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

You know that they say, "Go big or go home."

11-24-2003 18:50 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

I agree with that! Cool

~Groucho~
11-24-2003 21:22 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Administrator

We picked up a copy of this release at our local Family Bookstore.

The bonus tracks are gone. The bootlet artwork is different.
And the text inside is different.

On the front is a blurb about Norman, Stonehill and Mark Heard releases
as part of this series. So maybe Mark Heard's album might hit stores hopefully soon.

j and e

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-28-2003 18:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

will the da webstore carry this "new version" ?
11-29-2003 07:21 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Administrator

Probably. We just sell whatever they send us.. so
we won't know until we get them.

11-29-2003 07:30 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Horrendous Disc advertised!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH