Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Anaheim DVD UPDATE » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA Anaheim DVD UPDATE 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

DA Anaheim DVD UPDATE Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Heres the latest from the printers....

The DVDs themselves are finished and were shipped
to us last Tuesday. STill waiting for those to show
up. They were probably slowed down a bit because of
Thanksgiving, but should be arriving soon.

The artwork is finished and has been shipped to us
today. We're told it looks great.

Sooooo... assuming there are no major flaws with
the discs or artwork, we should be able to start
shipping the preorders very soon.

We'll keep everyone updated.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-01-2003 12:31 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! You RocK ! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Smile )

12-01-2003 13:13 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's great news.
I ordered it so my kids can give it to me on Christmas. Big Grin
12-01-2003 14:58 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hope it's here by Christmas - otherwise I'll have to buy myself something else....

12-01-2003 15:35 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

bully!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-01-2003 15:49 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I hope it's here by Christmas too!

12-01-2003 16:11 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Nice! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Finally, one of my pre-orders will wing its way to me before year's end.

I currently have the Marillion 2-disc "Marbles" on order (but that's April slated, so they're forgiven) and I've been waiting for "Television - Live At The Waldorf" for I don't know how long now.

I like preorders but, man, patience better be your middle name or else they drive you NUTS.
DwD
12-01-2003 16:41 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
I hope it's here by Christmas - otherwise I'll have to buy myself something else....

me too Big Grin , hope all is well with this DVD ? is it targeted to ship before Christmas ?

how about Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor "The Perfectly Frank, True Story of Christmas" CD PREORDER

is that targeted to ship before or after Christmas ?

12-04-2003 09:52 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

RE: Nice! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
I currently have the Marillion 2-disc "Marbles" on order (but that's April slated, so they're forgiven) and I've been waiting for "Television - Live At The Waldorf" for I don't know how long now.
DwD

I pre-ordered this too on the day they started taking orders. I love their stuff. They have a cool website too!

12-04-2003 10:01 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

We should be shipping both the DVD and the Edward
Daniel Taylor thing well before Christmas. All of them
have been paid for and shipped to us.. we're just nervously
waiting for them all to arrive.

The covers for the first 100 EdDT CDs are in Terry's hands,
so he'll be autographing those in the next few days. Once
he's done with that, he'll overnight them back to us.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-04-2003 14:20 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Hey Mark... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You realize that Marillion is packaging the "Marbles Campaign Edition" as a hardbound book, not unlike the Alarma and Hats booksets, right?

Now how sweet is THAT?!
DwD
12-04-2003 19:11 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Jad
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 06-21-2002

RE: Hey Mark... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I work with a guy from Scotland who swears black and blue that he went to school with Fish. He lived just across the road from him.

Unfortunately that doesn't help my get my "Script For A Jester's Tear" and "Misplaced Childhood" albums autographed...... Confused
12-04-2003 19:26 Jad is offline Send an Email to Jad Search for Posts by Jad Add Jad to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

hey jad.

who are things downunder?

-john

12-04-2003 19:56 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

RE: Hey Mark... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
You realize that Marillion is packaging the "Marbles Campaign Edition" as a hardbound book, not unlike the Alarma and Hats booksets, right?

Now how sweet is THAT?!
DwD

Yes I know. I'm so excited.

Big Grin

12-04-2003 21:21 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

quote:
Originally posted by Jad
I work with a guy from Scotland who swears black and blue that he went to school with Fish. He lived just across the road from him.

Unfortunately that doesn't help my get my "Script For A Jester's Tear" and "Misplaced Childhood" albums autographed...... Confused

That's cool!

Big Grin

12-04-2003 21:21 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Administrator

DVDs arrive! ehem... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

After finding out yesterday via the UPS tracking number that the DVDs
were delivered to us on Dec 2nd ...or at least placed on 'our' porch.
We were irritated at ourselves for not having them yet.
What WAS wrong with us, not having them like that? How dare
we not have them after UPS drove all the way to 'our' porch
and placed the boxes carefully there.

Apparently 'our' porch is our neighbor's porch, I can't really blame
UPS though... we really should of known to check our
neighbor's porch every day. We are our neighbor's porch keeper
and all...
We failed at our lousy package recieving
abilities, darn our inadequate brains and hands.

When we contacted our neighbors they said exactly what we expected,
"When we got these boxes we said...who the **** is Daniel Amos?
And why do we have them? Why do we have them?"

But alas, the DVDs are here now.... we just need the covers
to arrive. Now we will sigh a collective sigh of relief. And flush all those
miserable thoughts of sending a claim to UPS and hoping they reimburse
us soon so we could reprint the DVDs before Christmas out of our
inadequate brains.

12-05-2003 18:17 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Our DA DVD's are coming! Our DA DVD's are coming!

12-05-2003 19:11 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Well, I'm excited! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And hey, don't worry about the collective brainfart.

Last year, during a major snow storm, I was wondering why my car was moving so sluggishly. A mile farther down the road, the car started smoking and shaking. For miles in, I decided maybe disengaging the emergency brake might be wise.

Missing a box of DVDs hardly compares in these Duh-Lympics.

DwD
12-05-2003 19:28 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

Yeah.... we missed them because they delivered them to a neighbor's
porch a few days ago and we had no idea.

There is three houses on our street and they always choose the wrong
one. Thier track record is actually worse than if they chose the house
randomly. It's crazy.

There is a number on our house, there is a number on a sign in the yard,
and they drop the boxes on the neighbor's porch...

I had dreams the last two days of some weird guy getting the 1000 DVDs
and ebaying them or trashing them and we having to reprint them because
they never showed up at our house.

Murphy's Law... I come to expect it now. You can always count
on something going wrong. Never fails. We are never dissapointed,
by ol' Murphy.

But... I actually scanned through the disc and didin't see any errors
and the audio was better than I expected. It's an old tape. But
it's still a lot of fun.
We tried to do as little editing as possible, we edited some talking out to
fit more songs on. And there is no menu screen, we would of had to cut
songs for it and we figured the menu was less important.
The master tapes were two umatic/betacam type professional tapes,
with a couple nasty glitches in a couple songs and some loud buzzing.
I think we removed the buzzing and glitches pretty well. The video is
still a little rough, but basically because of the 1985 equipment I believe.
We had originally tried to adjust the color and contrast some, but after
watching the effect...we removed the adjustments. There was just no
way of knowing how those adjustments would look on various TVs.
There is a good selection of songs from the Alarma Chronicles, plus
the concert 'punk' version of "I Love You #19". I think everyone will enjoy
it and appreciate the historical DA show.

12-05-2003 20:56 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

sounds good!!!!

thanks for all your effort!!!!!

12-06-2003 01:55 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Anaheim DVD UPDATE

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH