Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Anaheim DVD UPDATE » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA Anaheim DVD UPDATE 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I received mine today, and I'm lovin it. I had a bad video copy of this in the vault for many years, and, it wasn't the entire show. But now, this is wonderful to watch.
Thank you J & E for all the work you did on this. Three questions, 1) Whose the guy playing keyboards in the back? 2) A simple yes or no question, Do you guys know of any other DA concerts on video with this good of quality, maybe from a different time period ?
3)Who were the models?
12-17-2003 15:16 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

>1) Whose the guy playing keyboards in the back?

No one seems to remember. Terry thinks it may have been a
friend of Rob's that just helped with keys that night.

>2) A simple yes or no question, Do you guys know of any other DA concerts on video with this good of quality, maybe from a different time period ?

We actually have some videos that are better quality, but shorter...
this is the best quality, full length video we've been able to get a
hold of so far. The shorter videos will most likely be used for the
compilation we're hoping to do.

And we have a few cameras from Cornerstone 2000 show with Terry,
Tim, Ed, and Greg. If we could find a camera or two more we could edit
that whole show. It would be really good.

>3)Who were the models?

Not sure.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-17-2003 15:22 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Just got mine! Cool

Have to wait 'till Christmas to open it though! Frown

Big Grin

can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.................

~Groucho~
12-17-2003 15:24 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

I got mine today..My wife wants me to give it to the kids so they can wrap it foir Christmas...She might want to reconsider that idea? If I open it on Christmas then it will more than likely be the background music for opening presents on Christmas morning... Big Grin

Actually I snuck away for a few and went through it real quick to see a little of it...Love what I saw..I think I might have a problem..Do I need help? Cool
12-17-2003 17:45 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

If no one seen you sneak a way to watch it then you do not have a problem, However, if someone did see you sneak a way to watch it then they have a problem.........does that help, or do I have a problem.
12-17-2003 21:38 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
If no one seen you sneak a way to watch it then you do not have a problem, However, if someone did see you sneak a way to watch it then they have a problem.........does that help, or do I have a problem.

No one knows..I guess I'm in the clear. Cool
12-18-2003 03:55 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Mine didn't arrive yesterday, but hopefully today.

12-18-2003 07:49 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Vox Robotica
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpg

Registration Date: 06-19-2003

My order of other items from the DA store from about six weeks ago hasn't arrived yet either.

Hmm...

I didn't order the DVD though.

~ VR ~

"The systems fail
All the circuits blown
And the message lost in this machine oh

12-18-2003 08:52 Vox Robotica is offline Send an Email to Vox Robotica Homepage of Vox Robotica Search for Posts by Vox Robotica Add Vox Robotica to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr YIM Account Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr View the MSN Profile for Vox Robotica
Administrator

They will, we are a little more than swamped in December.
We are trying to get as much caught up as humanly possible.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-18-2003 16:56 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Vox Robotica
Woolly Eggwhisk

I understand that you are swamped - that's not the point. My point is that I placed my order long before you even received the DVD's and CD's in your shop. That's just bad service.

I'm not trying to be a prick, but those were two Christmas items I had hoped to have under my tree, and I figured ordering them six to seven weeks in advance would insure that. Right now I'm not sure, and I'm irritated.

~ VR ~

"The systems fail
All the circuits blown

12-18-2003 22:09 Vox Robotica is offline Send an Email to Vox Robotica Homepage of Vox Robotica Search for Posts by Vox Robotica Add Vox Robotica to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr YIM Account Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr View the MSN Profile for Vox Robotica
Administrator

Well, I am not going to go into the reasons behind all the delays
here, but send us an email and we can explain it to you in detail,
if you'd like.

Theres a lot more involved and a lot more that goes on behind the scenes
than most seem to think. On top of all the normal issues, we are currently
going through major organizational changes, the regular Christmas flood
of orders, editing and making the DVDs and Dr Edward CDs, trying to
revamp and fix the broken fan clubs (and get those caught up, without
money to do it with), and we had to do a massive amount of multi-year
accounting for the guys this month.

Basically we tried to get all the DVDs and Dr Edwards CDs done over the
weekend so we can get caught up on regular orders this week, before we
continue with the monumental task of fixing the fan clubs.

Are there delays? yes. But under the circumstances, for a Christian ministry
on a very low (often non-existent) budget, things are not as bad as some
may think.

Are we dismissing the delays? No. But, the way this has worked for a very
long time is; we've almost always been behind on something - due to
situations beyond our control. Over the last month and a half, we have
been working with Terry and Mike to fix some of those issues that were
delaying us, but we still have to get caught up from it all. The changes that
we have in the works should put an end to most of the delays we've seen
in the past (not counting illness, manufacturing or distribution problems or
regular mail delays).

We're also in the process of reorganizing the stores financially... the way
things had been done in the past always left the stores broke pretty
much 12 months out of the year. So when a problem came up.. there
was never any money to fix it easily. When there was something new
to release... there was no money to put into it and we usually had to
put our own money up (usually, without making it back). We're currently
trying to get the stores into a positition where we can not only fund new
releases easily, but we also won't have to struggle through difficult
situations when they arise. Maybe we could even afford to hire help in
certain situations, if it was needed. This has always been out of the
question in the past.

In addition, the Buechners Dreams and Horrendous Discs were on
backorder until this week, which caused some delay with those orders.
(This was also noted on the store page up until recently).

As far as your order goes... if it was not in the packages that have
already went out, we can overnight it to you at our expense if you want.

12-19-2003 01:04 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Vox Robotica
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Well, I am not going to go into the reasons behind all the delays
here, but send us an email and we can explain it to you in detail,
if you'd like.

Before I even bothered to post in this thread I sent you four PM's and one or two e-mails. No response yet. You've been behind, I'm sure, but at this point it's less than a week till Christmas and I'm a little frustrated. I'm normally a very patient man, but after PMing you prior to ordering you pretty much assured me that it would go out if I "ordered immediately" which I did right after I got that message. I would have ordered even earlier, had there not been a pricing problem on the WEWH Bookset. (Now only $25 folks! That's a steal!)

I understand that you guys are under a lot of pressure. I understand you all are busy. I just didn't expect a delay of this length. And maybe part of me is that whiny kid in A Christmas Story , ticked off that his Red Rider Carbine Action Air Rifle isn't gonna be under the tree. (I have heard that, if thrown right, a DA CD could put my eye out, but that's beside the point...) Either way, it's a no win situation for any of us until you get all of the bugs in the system worked out.

quote:
In addition, the Buechners Dreams and Horrendous Discs were on backorder until this week, which caused some delay with those orders.
(This was also noted on the store page up until recently).

Were the Booksets and Surfonic Water Revival on backorder too? That's all my order was for.

quote:
As far as your order goes... if it was not in the packages that have already went out, we can overnight it to you at our expense if you want.

As appealing as that sounds, I don't want to steal money out of Uncle Terry's pocket. That's like robbing Peter to pay Paul. I'm just frustrated with the delay and with no response from my repeated attempts at "off board" contact with you guys. Without communication, the mind can play tricks on you.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll return to my corner to pout.

~ VR ~

"The systems fail
All the circuits blown

12-19-2003 07:33 Vox Robotica is offline Send an Email to Vox Robotica Homepage of Vox Robotica Search for Posts by Vox Robotica Add Vox Robotica to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr YIM Account Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr View the MSN Profile for Vox Robotica
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

So if I ordered my DVD last week (Dec 12th), does that mean it has shipped out?
12-19-2003 08:31 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I feel like I eavesdropped on a Phone Conversation here...

but I will say that I am glad you guys can talk reasonably about the situation.
I have not ordered much from the DA store - etc, and when I have it seems to have come through in a timely manner -( 3 weeks or so)
I am currently waiting for the Anahiem Show DVD..not as a gift- I ordered it to "git on board" with the pre order thing.

Guess I just hate to see people frustrated (on both sides)
but if I can sound impartial- yer all handling it well (?)
Peace out-

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 12-19-2003 08:35.

12-19-2003 08:34 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I just watched the DVD yesterday. It is great!

Question:

Upon watching this DVD it reminded me a lot of U2's Zoo TV tour. Who is the first artist to have used televisions and large TV screens to project images that provoke deep thought? Did DA influence the Zoo TV tour? Did another artist do it before either DA or U2?

12-19-2003 09:48 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Question:
Upon watching this DVD it reminded me a lot of U2's Zoo TV tour. Who is the first artist to have used televisions and large TV screens to project images that provoke deep thought? Did DA influence the Zoo TV tour? Did another artist do it before either DA or U2?

The whole "projecting of images" thing has been around quite a while. Specifically I've seen old Greatful Dead footage from the 60's where images were projected on screens while they played...granted...most of it was simply done to enhance the acid tests that they were the soundtrack for, so I guess you could say it wasn't done to provoke "deep thought." Another band that has used the projected images/TV thing is Pink Floyd, and they have been doing that for years and years....long before DA or U2. There are probably many more bands that have done this as well...

jeffrey k.

12-19-2003 10:11 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

MARK- YOU ARE SO INSIGHTFUL!
I may have seen a lil bootleg from from the show..its the tune Travelog...
and I was amazed at what lil I saw- am much anticipating the entire DVD....

I saw Todd Rundgren in 77 (or maybe 76?) and he opened with a little film, and then had a very theatric show, to me like Alice Cooper - in that it had props and Costume Changes..
but as far as integrating the Media INTO the Music...
I dont know what kind of tour shows were out there in 1985- it would be interesting to check.
the U2 show was in 1992....

12-19-2003 10:20 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Dudes, dudes... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Must step in here. Cool

It was Pink Floyd who used the TVs and wall projections during the 60s while playing the Underground in England. Pink's inovative practices of music and staging affected all sorts of others who where hanging out--including the Beatles.

I told Terry that, what I thought was very cool is that there was some schticks he used on stage (actually in a bootleg film version of this gig one year earlier) which Roger Waters of PF wouldn't employ until the late 80s or early 90s.

When folks say that DA was ahead of their time--it isn't just "ahead of their time for Xian music--it is ahead of their time, period!"
12-19-2003 10:38 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

think we kicked open a can-
Bowie used film etc- in the early 70s too - as part of his theatrics.
To me the difference here is (as mark mentioned)
Timed, relative media slides or etc- that were integrated with the audio you were hearing
- rather an"AV treat" concert
I don't know of others that were doing that- at that time.
Search Rock Tours of 1985- all I came up with is "Kiss-Asylum"....

I think the ?? here is- was DA copying a trend of the day? - or just doing what they thought was "purty neet" at the time?
My vote goes with B-and I think its still an extremely inovative touring idea thats still used today ( Paul showing Working Women and famous women in recent history-while singing Eleanor Rigby comes to mind )

12-19-2003 12:00 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Well Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pink was streaming visual that was intended for and went along with the music/lyrics.

But I am saying the same, brother Cricket! Big Grin The fact that Terry and the guys were independently engaging in the same type of fun as other highly notable artists just adds to my amazement of the artists I cherish.
12-19-2003 12:04 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Anaheim DVD UPDATE

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH