Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Anaheim DVD UPDATE » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA Anaheim DVD UPDATE 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

TAKEN THE MILE THERE, EH STU?

I'll admit that I paused the thing too long....like 3 times, and boop- there I was confronting my double ..AGAIN!- with no way to advance except FF for about 2 straight minutes (or more).

Since I dont know what goes into creating a time stop, chapter laden, "extras" DVD- I cannot comment on the availability of what was done- but perhaps next time it could be looked at.

I know BD has done it on things-

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
01-16-2004 14:47 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No I don't think so. It's a ligitimate bone. No offense, but BD's homemade dinger had better navigation - and that's from a guy with too much talent and time on his hands. This was a Stunt release, and there was good time spent on the design of the package, the same on the guts would have been nice too.

01-16-2004 14:55 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

stu-
you wont get any argument form me-
if it could have had "dinger" options put in easily-
its a legitimate hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I borrows it to my boy after one watch- do it have proper track list- or just an "includes" on the sleeve?
Either way - I stand in your court- if this format is easy to produce-can we get it for "next time?

01-16-2004 17:05 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso
I am disappointed overall.

It is not about the quality of the performance, nor of the audio. But is was a DVD. If nothing else extras could have included credits of the band, chapters etc to get to songs etc. Even text history with photos of the period would have been appreciated.

I'm happy to support the band, and would pay again but this is a DA product and wouldn't have taken a lot of effort to include a little extra.

The chapters are there. If you're having problems skipping from
song to song, it must be a DVD player compatability problem. Every
machine we've tested it on works perfectly.

Band credits are there.

A "menu", etc was dropped for space... the concert would have had to
have been shortened to add a nice intro page (meaning songs would
have to have been dropped). The disc, as it is, is full. We could have
made more space for a menu screen by reducing the quality of the
audio and video - but that seems really silly for a DVD thats not loaded
with extras.

We'd love to have put some "extras" on there.. but what would
they be? We really don't have anything that would have "fit" the
project - in addition to the same length problem mentioned above.
I mean, would it have been better to make space somehow and tag
on a clip from 2001 as an extra? It would feel like it didn't really
belong and was tagged on just for the heck of it. As it is, we had to
edit some blank spaces and talking to get whats there to fit.
I suppose we could have shortened it to a 60 minute concert and
added a photo gallery or something... but, I really don't think anyone
would have been happy with that.

The future DVDs are more likely to have "extras"... like the
Making of Buechner's, the compilation, etc. Those kinds of projects
are easier to come up with "extras," photos, etc and its generally
easier to plan the video to fit the layout of the project, instead of
the otherway around as was the case with "Anaheim 85" because
of its length.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-16-2004 20:50 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
I borrows it to my boy after one watch- do it have proper track list- or just an "includes" on the sleeve?

The "includes" were included for two reasons.

1) We didn't know exactly what was going to make the cut when
the artwork was put together and sent to the printers. There were
some issues with copyrights as well as just general length problems.
There were also a couple of songs with fairly serious image or audio
glitches on Dave Perry's master itself... when the artwork was done,
we didn't know if those were going to be included "as is," if we could
fix them or if they would just be deleted. (They made the cut).

2) The surprise factor. When you go see a band in concert, you
don't know what they're going to play... we kind of like that with
live videos as well. We want people to be surprised by what the band
plays as they play it - just as they would be sitting in a real DA concert
performance.

Item #1 was the main reason though.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-16-2004 21:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Part Apology part clarification on Stu's comments.

The chapters comments was more for an index. Yes, it does work for navigation. I was hoping for a graphic navigation. I did not mean to imply it wasn't indexed.

The comment on credits was an error, they were there - to be honest the first time through it was on in the background and was watched listened to, so my comment was ill thought and I will go back in history and erase my comments. Of course watching again all the way through they were there.

I should know better than to go off half baked.

Sorry boys.

01-17-2004 14:06 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

hmm - will have to check out more closely what I "ran through" also.

I must be the other half baked....

Audi-
are you guys part lawyer? (jk)

yer justifications are DAMb watertight!

01-22-2004 13:20 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

Heh, no we are not part lawyer,
we tell the truth.

01-22-2004 21:09 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

In the Words of His Dorkness.
heh heh

01-22-2004 22:44 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

NSC check your email.

01-23-2004 09:46 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

I just got my DVD yesterday and watched last night! Very cool! Cool

01-23-2004 12:27 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Extremely cool! I think it is very well done.

01-23-2004 13:07 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

FOR THE RECORD--
i TOTALLY DIG IT ALSO!

If I sounded in any way disappointed - that is not the case- I did think that Stu had a pliable comment- and agreed with it .

Hope thats too thick to drink and too thin to plow.....

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 01-23-2004 14:35.

01-23-2004 14:35 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Now forgive me if I'm just imagining things or if this has been addressed already...

But isn't that Tim on bass?

And if so, why is his name not listed in the ending credits!?

Wait, does this have something to do with it?:

"Daniel Amos performs in Anahiem, California at the Inn at the Park Hotel. The Altar Boys' Rick Alba fills in for Tim Chandler on Bass."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by arcticsunburn: 01-25-2004 23:23.

01-25-2004 23:21 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn

"Daniel Amos performs in Anahiem, California at the Inn at the Park Hotel. The Altar Boys' Rick Alba fills in for Tim Chandler on Bass."

Aye, that would explain it. I think Tim said he was on
tour with Stonehill or Tonio K or somebody like that at
the time.

01-26-2004 00:57 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

I did receive mine finally and was very pleased. Both the audio and video were better than I was expecting. Brought back memories from the only time I was able to see the guys live back around the same time period.

I hope we can get a recent 77's and DA DVD someday not too far off. Love my Lost Dogs too (thanks BD).
01-27-2004 13:43 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

yeah!
another satisfied customer!

cept you SUCK!- cuz you actually saw them back then. (jk on that ya know...)
were you wearing an ugly striped polo shirt too- like everyone in the crowd???

While we are on that subject- between watching CS 84 and the Anaheim show..you will notice that the guys on the stage are a LOT more avante-garde than the people watching them... interesting isnt it? Was ANYONE at CStone 84 looking like Mike Roe??? - not that I saw.

No trenchcoats or earrings, or even gelled hair in the crowd at A85 either.....

Nowa days the kids dont look any different than the C band they are listening too...
Why is that?
(just another lost thought......)

01-27-2004 14:32 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

I doubt I was wearing a striped polo shirt. I was the only one in my high school that was "hip". I had the skinny ties you know Big Grin Probably had a T-shirt on.

Actually, I was out of school in 1984 (or 95) when I saw them in Iowa. There was a snowstorm that night and we drove 2 hours to see them. Almost cancelled the show since only about 30 people showed up. It was great, almost like a bar setting since so few people. I even have the MTV jacket that my wife and I won when they did a drawing. We had only been married a couple of years and my wife was then convinced I was DA nuts since I braved the elements and roads to get there.
01-27-2004 14:42 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn

Aye, that would explain it. I think Tim said he was on
tour with Stonehill or Tonio K or somebody like that at
the time.

In that case, compliments to Rick Alba on his fluid playing!

01-27-2004 23:43 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

and his fine job using masking tape......

01-28-2004 08:37 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Anaheim DVD UPDATE

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH