Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Sacred Cows Responses » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Sacred Cows Responses
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Carman Victim
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Bubba
quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joey T.
While your points are all valid, keep in mind that CV is most likely a put-on and really agrees with the rest of the board... Wink

quote:

It seemed to me like you guys were just trying to avoid conflict... even if it is a put on.

Some statements just don't deserve a response....(not yours, but CV's...) Smile )

I'm sorry you feel that way, Mr. Bubba. I would never say such a thing about your posts. Why can't we all just get along in Christ?
06-13-2002 19:32
Carman Victim
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Bowling Pin
Pay no attention to these guys, CV. They're just like a bunch of 10th-graders who just wrote fake names like Frank N. Stein in study hall so they could cop themselves a library pass. They don't mean to hurt you. They just want to see how cool you are.

C'mon guys, you're the Christians, right? Be nice. Smile

Thank you for the support, Mr. Pin. Do you like Carman? I do realize that the people here are just mocking me to compensate for their low self-esteem, which is why I'm not offended by their juvinile comments.
06-13-2002 19:34
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by the Tuxedo Clad Megastar Victim
quote:
Pay no attention to these guys, CV. They're just like a bunch of 10th-graders who just wrote fake names like Frank N. Stein in study hall so they could cop themselves a library pass. They don't mean to hurt you. They just want to see how cool you are.

C'mon guys, you're the Christians, right? Be nice. Smile

Thank you for the support, Mr. Pin. Do you like Carman? I do realize that the people here are just mocking me to compensate for their low self-esteem, which is why I'm not offended by their juvinile comments.

defending the one who hurt you again?

06-13-2002 20:05 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

This is ridiculous.

06-14-2002 00:45 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Bowling Pin Bowling Pin is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 05-28-2002

Yes I do Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

like the Tuxedo Clad Megastar. I'm not sure why people on this board get so upset about him. Good message, good fun. Just like a lot of Terry's stuff, really. I see plenty of simularities. Steve Taylor's very similar to the Tuxedo Clad Megastar too, and I see that a lot of people here like him. I can't understand the problem. But it's good to know that someone else here doesn't have a problem when I play Mission 3:16 and Outdoor Elvis back-to-back. Oh, well. Their loss. Smile

06-14-2002 08:44 Bowling Pin is offline Send an Email to Bowling Pin Search for Posts by Bowling Pin Add Bowling Pin to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
like the Tuxedo Clad Megastar. I'm not sure why people on this board get so upset about him. Good message, good fun. Just like a lot of Terry's stuff, really. I see plenty of simularities. Steve Taylor's very similar to the Tuxedo Clad Megastar too, and I see that a lot of people here like him. I can't understand the problem. But it's good to know that someone else here doesn't have a problem when I play Mission 3:16 and Outdoor Elvis back-to-back. Oh, well. Their loss. Smile

Don't you dare compare c*rm*n to Terry and Steve. There is no comparison. c*rm*n is the anti-Taylor.
06-14-2002 08:45 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Beat Menace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
This is ridiculous.

06-14-2002 09:22
Bowling Pin Bowling Pin is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 05-28-2002

How can you say that? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Don't you dare compare c*rm*n to Terry and Steve. There is no comparison. c*rm*n is the anti-Taylor."

Again, they all combine a sense of humor with a godly message. It's true, Terry's work tends to be either more direct or poetic than the other two, and a lot more '60s-style, but Steve Taylor and the Tuxedo Clad Megastar both have that campy/comical/godly thing going on. They both take the message & overstate it in such a way that's it's impossible to for anyone to miss their point. At least I don't see how anyone could miss it, anyway.

Anyway, I'M blessed by both of their musics.

06-14-2002 10:05 Bowling Pin is offline Send an Email to Bowling Pin Search for Posts by Bowling Pin Add Bowling Pin to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:

Ya, you-betcha. Pleased

06-14-2002 12:46 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Beat Menace
unregistered

I don't really like sacred cows.

I think some of the originals are better. I've never liked parodies very much.

Call me boring.

Bob
06-20-2002 13:47
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Boring (you asked for it!).

06-20-2002 13:49 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Beat Menace

Call me boring.

Bob

you already did Wink

06-20-2002 18:23 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:

Call me boring.

Bob

You are boring and must immediately quit using the cool moniker of Beat Menace! Wink

06-20-2002 18:27 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:

Call me boring.

Bob

You are boring and must immediately quit using the cool moniker of Beat Menace! Wink

I used to think this guy was you!
sorry Frown

06-20-2002 18:31 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
sorry Frown

No cd-rs for you.... Roll Eyes

06-20-2002 18:34 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

sorry Frown

yeah, don't you go by that name?

BD

06-20-2002 18:36 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dr Rich

sorry Frown

quote:

yeah, don't you go by that name?

BD

Exactly why I wouldn't want anybody thinking it was me who said that the originals of Sacred Cows are better than the Eddies versions.... Pleased

06-20-2002 18:52 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:

Call me boring.

Bob

The originals are better? Even Satan, Bite the Dust? (of course, I guess the original of that actually is funnier- just because it's so serious)
06-20-2002 18:59 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Beat Menace
unregistered

quote:

No one else had it. So I picked it.

Sorry if my taste in music is not the same as yours.

Bob
06-20-2002 21:49
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
quote:

No one else had it. So I picked it.

Sorry if my taste in music is not the same as yours.

Bob

Bob,
We all have different tastes in music. It's cool. We just like to "rib" each other around here. It's nothing to take seriously (unless it's ole Vert on my case, then I'll kick his ass).
LK-9

06-20-2002 21:58 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Sacred Cows Responses

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH