Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Would Terry ever use the "S" word? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Would Terry ever use the "S" word?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Would Terry ever use the "S" word?

Most likely.

quote:
I've got no use for Webb, as well as that Down The Line magazine homo-issue.

I'd like to see Jesus say he's got no use for somebody.

As for DTL, I didn't agree with everything in that issue, and I don't agree with the conclusions drawn by some of the artists, but I'll bet that those conclusions were wrestled with by those individuals, something missing from most knee-jerk reactions about the issue of Homosexuality and the body of Christ.

quote:
the attitude of the 3 musicians in the down the line article seemed to be "this is who and how God made me, gay...", not one of repentance...

It doesn't seem like they just decided that, though. How many of us are staying in some sin, and are either dismissing it or having the same attitude about it? What about things like gossip or slander? If you had a magazine highlight artists with those issues, and their acceptance of them in their lives, would most people even give a sh....oot?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 07-20-2010 16:00.

07-20-2010 15:59 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
The attitude seems to be, all too often;

"You cheated on your wife with hookers? We'll get you counseling"

"You've been snorting cocaine? We'll get you into our substance abuse program"

"You're shacked up with your girlfriend? We'll pray you guys get married"

"You're gay? Get out of our church, sinner!!"

true, very true...
however, the attitude of the 3 musicians in the down the line article seemed to be "this is who and how God made me, gay...", not one of repentance...

agreed. how much of that is because of the way the church has treated the issue up to this point, i wonder?

a lot... ric said he wanted to come out back when holes in the floor of Heaven was released...but he knew how well that would have went over with the record company and others......
but again, would he have been repentant?
kind of my thought on the whole thing is that homosexuality is a sexual perversion...something went really wrong in this person's life to cause this at some point in there life...
similar to why drug addicts do drugs...maybe if he really thought there would be open arms of help from the church to HELP him if he had of had the attitude of repentance.......? Crying

Cool

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 07-20-2010 17:43.

07-20-2010 17:06 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I stand corrected. I should have typed that I've got no use for Webb's liberal political views & his lack of backbone on the homosexual issue. Actually, I like some of his music & listen to it fairly regularly.

07-22-2010 20:37 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I have never been to a church that told gay people to leave, not once.

07-22-2010 21:18 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by Über Parrot
Red, White And Blue
(Terry Taylor)

Well, the worst that I could get there
Was the lead in my gut
But the worst that you can give me
Is this lead in my cup
I might be all washed up
But I'm a pretty good man
Sh*t, I'm hard as a nail
But I will sell you the blood on my hands

I'm looking at you
(Tell me what do you see)
I'm looking at you
(And I won't go away)
In the light of the star spangled evening
In the name of the red white and blue

that's better Smile )

Back on topic.

Cool

07-23-2010 05:17 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J

Never been to one either. Know of several.

Have a number of gay friends, some of the stores are horrendous. It's amazing some of them even want to be in church, after what they went through.

One was removed from every leadership position she held in the church, which were several; while others with issues like those above were counseled and prayed for.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by larryl: 07-23-2010 08:39.

07-23-2010 08:36 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

additionally, there being told to leave a church, directly, and there's becoming aware that you are unwelcome, which is a less direct, but far more hurtful way of telling someone to leave...

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

07-23-2010 09:45 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:

One was removed from every leadership position she held in the church, which were several;

So, she rose to several leadership positions within a church without knowing that churches position on gays in leadership positions?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-23-2010 10:14 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:

One was removed from every leadership position she held in the church, which were several;

So, she rose to several leadership positions within a church without knowing that churches position on gays in leadership positions?

the church had never really had stated position. she didn't make a big deal about her orientation, and no one ever asked. she started going there, they asked her to help in several areas, and she accepted. when she started dating someone, they began attending with her, and that's when all hell broke loose.

07-23-2010 10:34 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 07-23-2010 17:55.

07-23-2010 17:54 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

07-23-2010 18:08 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:

I think that the people in a church that tells gay ppl to leave are far worst than the gay people. Nobody has a right to do that!!!!

They shouldnt be permitted to take leadership positions but to be in the church is everyone's right. GOd will do the other part.

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
07-29-2010 12:32 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:

That is another proof of how the church has change nowadays!!!! Very sad!!

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
07-29-2010 12:35 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Most churches with any kind of structure have policies on things like that.

As a kid, I went to a midwest conservative southern baptist church that had gay members. Never asked to leave, in fact one lady even played the organ for church service. Most churches have gay people that attend.

I think it's a mischaracterization that Christians hate gays, I really have not witnessed that at all. Speaking out on what sin is is actually a very loving thing, since the wages of sin is death, as long as the point is to educate people on the Gospel message; that they must turn from sin and follow Christ. Christ was being loving when he said; "Go and sin no more."

Not sure what any of this has to do with using 'naughty' language. Shocked

07-29-2010 15:04 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:

Not sure what any of this has to do with using 'naughty' language. Shocked

not rare here Big Grin , topics seem to go mysterious ways Tongue

07-29-2010 15:10 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

quote:
Not sure what any of this has to do with using 'naughty' language.

It might depend on which "s" word we're talking about....

07-29-2010 16:43 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
quote:
Not sure what any of this has to do with using 'naughty' language.

It might depend on which "s" word we're talking about....

And now here's Jacob's Trouble to play us out.
07-30-2010 08:29 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

I know this thread is off topic . Whether or not kicking gays out of Church is tough. You don't want to keep people from hearing the word of God but being a member of the body of Christ and living a reprobate life is very dangerous for other members of the Church and confusing to the lost who could be saved. Paul told the church to remove a fella that was sleeping with his father's wife. He knew it was causing gossip situations and distraction and that apparently the fella wasn't getting the message of Chirst or refused to get it. I believe Paul even said the secular would looked at this situation with distain. Paul past judgement on him and said it he had to give him unto Satan so that in the end it was the best hope for the guy.

08-03-2010 14:07 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
anochria anochria is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-529.gif

Registration Date: 05-11-2004

quote:

I was thinking the same thing.

Hyperbole on any side of this issue doesn't accomplish anything helpful.
08-04-2010 21:29 anochria is offline Send an Email to anochria Homepage of anochria Search for Posts by anochria Add anochria to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Would Terry ever use the "S" word?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH