Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Revelation » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Revelation
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Frown The Revelation Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I listened to as much of it as I could stand. Any chance this one will grow on me? I'm not a premillenialist so I accept the Scripture, but some of the other dialog sounds like stinky doctrine. Even if I liked the doctrine, I don't know that I like the preachy singing and talking. It may work in a church service, but I doubt this will ever get worn out from frequent play.

02-19-2004 20:55 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i like it for the way it was put together.....chucks voice is not a selling point for me, as well as the premillenialist theology.

02-19-2004 21:00 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I listened to it last week. Not a pre-mill either. It's one of my least listened to DA cd's. About 3 times since I got it 3 years ago

02-19-2004 21:28 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

With a plain, literal rendering of Scripture you HAVE take a premil view.

Maybe this should go in the argument dump...

Smile

02-20-2004 07:16 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This looks like a dump thread to me too! Tongue

02-20-2004 07:46 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

hold on!
I listen to all that Three in One trinity stuff
and I still like it-

If I judged my music by its doctrinal correctness-
Never Mind the Bullocks would be my bible.

No wait- maybe Close to the Edge..more flowery clap trap.

and anyway- whos listening to the words?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
02-20-2004 08:05 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

RE: The Revelation Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
I listened to as much of it as I could stand. Any chance this one will grow on me? I'm not a premillenialist so I accept the Scripture, but some of the other dialog sounds like stinky doctrine. Even if I liked the doctrine, I don't know that I like the preachy singing and talking. It may work in a church service, but I doubt this will ever get worn out from frequent play.

Steve
why not send it over to someone who 'll take it at face value?
I'll PM you my addy, just give me the old green light.
I mean any CD you cant even get through is not worth keeping is it?.
I have ZERO CDs in my collection that I "cant stand"

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
02-20-2004 08:27 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! RE: The Revelation Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

this is the only DA cd my MoM owns,
cause I bought if for her Pleased

she also has a TST - K&I signed cd
... anyway,

Mom also has my vinyl Revelation too,

she has used it in Sunday School class,
youth groups, etc. etc. for many years...
it is her favorite DA.

02-20-2004 09:08 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

RE: The Revelation Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve

Steve
why not send it over to someone who 'll take it at face value?
I'll PM you my addy, just give me the old green light.
I mean any CD you cant even get through is not worth keeping is it?.
I have ZERO CDs in my collection that I "cant stand"

Hey wait!!
I don't have that one. I'll give you more than jiminy for it!! Shocked
02-20-2004 23:05 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

For me Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Revelation is about the songs themselves. It's basically "Shotgun" plus the missing tune from Shotgun--my ALL TIME FAVE DA TUNE--SOON. So that's why I bought it.

Outside of "soon" I'd sooner listen to my own burn of Shotgun with Soon tagged on. Big Grin
02-20-2004 23:08 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by servantsteve
Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sorry guys, I gave it another listen and I like it more now. If I had gotten to "Soon" on the first listen, I never would have started this post.

02-21-2004 08:50 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

i never even bought it until it was only 5 bucks at paste, and have only played it thru once...... Red Face

02-21-2004 10:34 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

It is a must for DA fans. I'm not a Chuck Smith fan either but as a completest I have to have it. Those that don't have it yet should get a copy. It's still pretty cheap out there (ebay)!

02-21-2004 11:00 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by servantsteve

I now just play Soon over and over again at work on headset. It makes the who album worthwhile. I was listening to it with eyes closed today when a co-worker walked up and about scared me to death. Apparently I wasn't as willing to meet my maker as I had thought!

02-26-2004 20:32 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Revelation

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH