Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma Chronicles » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Alarma Chronicles
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dannyraines
unregistered
Alarma Chronicles Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am trying to find a copy of the Alarma! Chronicles. Either each one individually or the 3 CD book set. CD preferred. Can anyone help? I've searched the web and my local Christian bookstores to no avail.
03-22-2002 12:29
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

If you have 80 bucks to spend.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.rocksolidmusic.com/artistcd.html

If you don't want to pay that much, check e-bay periodically. There's not one there now, but you can usually get one closer to $50 there. Now I did hear some talk of a possible 2nd printing also... Confused Hope this helps.

03-22-2002 13:10 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dannyraines
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thanks JT...I did check there and bought a different da CD...hope a second print does happen!
03-22-2002 19:13
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow, The Alarma Chronicles are up to $110 on E-bay. Good thing I got mine when it came out.

08-24-2002 20:25 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

$110? Confused Confused Confused Confused

I am also glad that I got mine right away (well worth the money).
08-25-2002 10:37 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

I've had the Alarma Chronicles so many times, it's crazy: 8-Track, LP, Cassette, and cd twice.

08-25-2002 10:37 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
I've had the Alarma Chronicles so many times, it's crazy: 8-Track, LP, Cassette, and cd twice.

Get a life! Wink
08-25-2002 10:38 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
quote:

Get a life! Wink

I know, I need to.

08-25-2002 10:38 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Me too. Roll Eyes
08-25-2002 10:40 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

Is't being a fan of Terry the only life to have??

08-25-2002 10:41 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Is't being a fan of Terry the only life to have??

That makes sense. Big Grin
08-25-2002 10:48 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Now if he could only afford to tour more so we could all see more concerts.

08-25-2002 12:39 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
Now I did hear some talk of a possible 2nd printing also...

I would think they could keep this one in print and keep being able to sell it Confused

08-25-2002 14:22 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

You would think they could still sell some especially when it is going for such high prices now.

08-25-2002 17:29 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
quote:

Get a life! Wink

i got one

It just involves a lot of DA.

08-25-2002 17:58 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Mark Mark is a male

You've got DA life!

08-25-2002 18:08 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Alarma Chronicles Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I found it rather appropriate that there's a thread about the Alarma Chronicles since I listened to Doppelganger, Vox Humana, and Fearful Symmetry today (actually, I think I listened to Alarma! in my car too). Wink

Doppelganger: Weird stuff. When I first put it on, I thought there was something wrong with the tape and it was playing Alarma! backwards (Hollow Man. This had me sweating for a bit). The tape was dubbed off of a record so... But anyway, I really liked it. I felt that the style was a lot like Alarma! with a little Motorcycle in it (you just can't go wrong with that). I'm going to have to listen to it again.

"If you like the effect of music such as Doppelganger on your psyche, prayerfully seek the Lord. Yes, this stuff is Christian, but why does it leave you hurting, empty and selfish? It is a cry from the abyss. Stones flung at the city gates. The mocking whip of a bullfrog. We don't need that. In fact, some of us consciously have to stay away from it. There is peace in the valley. We've got to quit crying in the rocks with jackals." - Richard Nakamoto

Ouch. I do admit that is was a bit dark, but...

Vox Humana: Most of the songs rang a bell because I had them as MP3s on my computer. I absolutely love "Travelog" and "Rocket Packs." "Live and Let Live" reminded me of the melodic stylings of MBD.

Fearful Symmetry: Again, I had some MP3s on my computer off of this album, but it didn't really ring a bell as an album. I'm still searching for a theme. I thought it was a bit like Vox Humana. I love "The Pool."

08-26-2002 00:40 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn

Doppelganger: Weird stuff. When I first put it on, I thought there was something wrong with the tape and it was playing Alarma! backwards (Hollow Man. This had me sweating for a bit).

I've actually had someone tell me that the recording was bad, and they wouldn't believe me when I told them that was how it's supposed to sound. Frown

The guy was kind of a goober though...Wink

BD

08-26-2002 08:25 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

goober? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BD-
there you go- with you insulting-jaw yapping critism of someone elses opinion.
is there no END?
Ha HA- just kidding...(hmmmmm) everyone
JimInY

btw- I am trying to find a way to play doppleganger backward-got to get the LP and put a loop in my platterband again (actually did that once-was mildly disappointed...it took my stylus for a ride!)
08-26-2002 09:36 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

The most brilliant box set in history.

08-26-2002 19:19 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma Chronicles

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH