Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Joan of Arcadia » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Joan of Arcadia
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Joan of Arcadia Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm rather taken with this new series on CBS.........Joan sees God, God talks to Joan through all sorts of human beings.......God gives this rather sarcastic and arbitrary teen some "tasks" to do, and she does them.....only to find that it changes HER........it's maybe not totally Biblical, but it's a very engrossing show.

One thing I've noticed is the music - they feature new musicians, people I've never heard of, but the music is beautiful and alternative and sometimes very Christian and ...... well, it made me think that maybe Terry could be a part of this.

I know nothing about how you'd get a chance to audition or be a part of this, but isn't there a possibility that TST and Company could be a part of the music of a show like this? I've seen other artists be a part of Touched By an Angel...............so, why not?

The possibilities are endless, and what would it hurt for Terry to check this out? Joan of Arcadia portends to be a "show about God and how He touches humanity"..........man, there've got to be tons of songs that Terry could contribute.

Just something I observed tonight........

Have any of you seen this show, btw??

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

03-05-2004 20:05 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have not seen the show but it does not sound like my kind of show. That said, I was thinking yesterday while listening to Zoom Daddy that so many of Terry's songs would be perfect on TV or movie soundtracks. Here's a few that I think have huge potential:

The Golden Girl Of The Golden West (listen to it. It's 100% soundtrack material!)

The Twist

One More Time

Soon

Feel free to add others.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dorfsmith: 03-06-2004 12:55.

03-06-2004 12:55 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith

Feel free to add others

what album is this on?

03-06-2004 13:14 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

The upcoming SE album.

03-06-2004 13:24 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

woo hoo

03-06-2004 13:29 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

that's all I have to say about new SE Smile )

03-06-2004 13:30 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Big Grin

03-06-2004 14:45 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

I love the show also. It is one of 2 network shows we watch (ER is the other). Just don't have that much free time.

Interesting tidbit - the actress that plays Joan is Agnostic and not a Christian. Kind of blew it for me a bit.
03-08-2004 11:48 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Maybe being on the show will change her.

03-08-2004 12:02 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Roll Eyes

03-08-2004 12:21 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Joan of Arcadia

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH