Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Moby » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Moby
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Moby Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Has anyone heard Moby's new song? I don't remember the name, something about stars I believe... The critics are calling it "music of the millennium." It sounds strangely familiar. Try VOX HUMANA for instance. What does that make Vox Humana? Music of the last two millenniums?

Of course there's nothing wrong with inspiration...

06-14-2002 20:28 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

don't know Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't know...but I'm watching the Bowie special on A&E and I guess he's touring (at least) America with this Moby fella. Who is he? Wuzz up with him?
06-15-2002 23:38 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
Has anyone heard Moby's new song? I don't remember the name, something about stars I believe... The critics are calling it "music of the millennium." It sounds strangely familiar. Try VOX HUMANA for instance. What does that make Vox Humana? Music of the last two millenniums?

Of course there's nothing wrong with inspiration...

I think the song "Southside" would fit in with FS... I think Moby sounds a lot like DA too, Wink

that's what makes him cool... I did watch the Bowie show on A&E... very cool Pleased

06-16-2002 14:49 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Me too, I love Moby. I think he is one of the most creative gigs out there these days.
LK-9

06-16-2002 22:02 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

Moby Rocks! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Moby is a great artist. His last album "Play" was a huge success and everyone knows at least one track off the album, if not 5. He licensed out every song for commercial use and got a lot of flack for "selling out." "Play" is an album you can just put on and have in the background or crank it. Some songs are more dancy, others more like etherial meditation. He likes to take samples of gospel music and just build music around it.

The new album "18" is also an awesome album. "We are all made of stars" is the first single and one of my least favorite songs on the album. I like the song, but it's not the album--you can tell he wrote it to be a radio single, not a true "album track." Moby is more mood music. I could see how one would see "We are all made of Stars" as a Vox Humana-esque track...but Moby's coming from different roots, so I don't make that association.

That's my 2 cents. Go by both "Play" and "18." Both great albums!

-- DJ
06-17-2002 11:21 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
Moby is a great artist. His last album "Play" was a huge success and everyone knows at least one track off the album, if not 5. He licensed out every song for commercial use and got a lot of flack for "selling out." "Play" is an album you can just put on and have in the background or crank it. Some songs are more dancy, others more like etherial meditation. He likes to take samples of gospel music and just build music around it.

The new album "18" is also an awesome album. "We are all made of stars" is the first single and one of my least favorite songs on the album. I like the song, but it's not the album--you can tell he wrote it to be a radio single, not a true "album track." Moby is more mood music. I could see how one would see "We are all made of Stars" as a Vox Humana-esque track...but Moby's coming from different roots, so I don't make that association.

That's my 2 cents. Go by both "Play" and "18." Both great albums!

-- DJ

ya... 18 is not a driving on a long trip CD... but it's great Pleased

I found an old Moby CD used for something like 6 bucks, did not buy it and am wondering why Confused

06-17-2002 16:58 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Thread Starter Thread Started by arcticsunburn

I'm not really a big Moby fan myself... I saw him talking about how a piano is much better than a guitar because you can play a max. of 10 notes at once as opposed to 6. As if... most piano players only play about 6 notes at once.

Anyway, his music is slightly on the strange side. Especially for someone like me who doesn't like pop or crap (I'm a big rock fan).

06-18-2002 11:34 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

I've never heard of Moby but there's a Dobby in Harry Potter Two.

Don't suppose they are any relation?

Large green eyes the size of tennis balls?

Smile

~Kaf

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

06-19-2002 09:15 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Ceremonial Kernel

Moby Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed

Smile

~Kaf

I'd say there is a relation/resemblance.

06-19-2002 13:46 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed

Smile

~Kaf

I'd say there is a relation/resemblance.

ya... but what about Moby Dick?

Pleased

06-19-2002 19:02 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Uhh, you just said dick

06-19-2002 19:31 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

lol.

06-19-2002 23:51 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

I'd kind of have to agree with my buddy Marshall.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

and Moby/ you can get stomped by Obie, you 36 year old bald headed *** **** **/You don't know me, you're too old let go its over, nobody listens to techno/

(this should be in OT anywho....) Big Grin

06-20-2002 02:06 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ceremonial Kernel

I think some people did listen to techno for awhile, then they realized it really wasn't all that good.

06-20-2002 13:54 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
Uhh, you just said dick

so did you... heh heh heh Smile )

06-20-2002 18:22 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

Pleased

ok, so moby dick was a whale....

do you know what a dork is?

bad choice for a nick name eh?

06-20-2002 18:34 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

Pleased

ok, so moby dick was a whale....

do you know what a dork is?

bad choice for a nick name eh?

Good point.

06-21-2002 01:15 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Moby

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH