Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » $212.50 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page $212.50 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Attention $212.50 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...MEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

04-05-2004 12:12 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We're looking at trying to bring this back in print... maybe
a soft cover version or something like that. These prices are
insane..

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-05-2004 12:29 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
insane..

Uncle Terry needs a chunk o' that change!

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-05-2004 12:47 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

WOW!!! I should have bought ten copies when it came out!!!

04-05-2004 13:11 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
insane..

Thank you!

I hate to see fellow DA fans have to spend so much on the music we love! Frown

I would buy another one!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 04-05-2004 14:23.

04-05-2004 14:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

a "real fan" would fork over the $212.50! Mad

hmmmmm... maybe i should sell my copy to a "real" fan then..... Shocked

Roll Eyes

04-05-2004 14:25 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Good idea! Tongue

04-05-2004 14:49 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

it's signed with a personal message from terry to me.... got this at the chatsworth show...
i would have to find another fan named joey, even then i don't think i would sell it! Smile )

04-05-2004 14:54 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Yeah Terry signed my copy to me too.

I would never part with my bookset.

I still just like to sit and flip through the pages and look at it.
It's about the coolest thing I own, box-set wise!

04-05-2004 14:58 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Smile Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Yeah Terry signed my copy to me too.

I would never part with my bookset.

I still just like to sit and flip through the pages and look at it.
It's about the coolest thing I own, box-set wise!

very true........... Smile )

but i sure wish i had bought a second one..................... Tongue

04-05-2004 15:00 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

me too.

I picked up mine for less than 30 bucks... I could have bought two and made a fortune!

04-05-2004 15:05 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:

Please do! I would love to get a copy of this, but also (along with my bank account) believe the prices to be insane.

By the way, hello everyone. I've been lurking since I heard about the new Eddies album, finally posted now.
04-05-2004 16:19 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

I'm one of the poor smucks that wasn't able to buy it the first time around. I've been watching the auctions and saw two others sell for around $75 and $95. Then, I saw this one go for $212. Unbelievable!! Crying Crying Crying

Please issue this one again.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
04-05-2004 16:28 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

As big a fan as I am... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...I'd have to pass.

I need to drive.
DwD
04-05-2004 16:38 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thread Starter Thread Started by DaLe

quote:
Originally posted by Eis

By the way, hello everyone. I've been lurking since I heard about the new Eddies album, finally posted now.

welcome to the DAmb Cool

04-05-2004 16:56 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
I'm one of the poor smucks that wasn't able to buy it the first time around. I've been watching the auctions and saw two others sell for around $75 and $95. Then, I saw this one go for $212. Unbelievable!! Crying Crying Crying

Please issue this one again.

Yeah I know it's gone for less than $100 before!

04-05-2004 20:03 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

$212.50!!!!!

Dude - at current exchange rates that is a little more than two weeks rent for me.

aye yi yi

04-05-2004 21:41 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Ubique Epoque

OK, brutal honesty here:

The Alarma Chronicles bookset is 4 albums' worth of music (on 3 CDs). 4x$15=$60.

When Everyone Wore Hats is $25 and contains 3 CDs, which I thought to be a good value (even though it's maybe 1 1/2 albums' worth of different tunes, the different versions were neat and I love Terry's writing).

I drooled over the Choir's box set when it first came out and they were asking maybe $85 for it. Then it went on sale and I think I bought it for maybe around $65. It contains 8 CDs, a LOT of music, a very cool book, and it was pre-signed by all 4 band members!

Seeing as how what music I have heard from the Alarma Chronicles is my least favorite DA, I would probably not pay anywhere close to top dollar to get it. I would be as much or more interested in the book than the music. A PDF file of the book would be really cool to look at on the PC but I don't know how that could be practically done without real fear of losing sales due to piracy.

I would probably not be willing to pay more than $40 or $50 at the most for the set, depending upon the quality of the paper used for the book. A good way to enhance the value would be to throw in an extra disc for this Alarma Chronicles bookset reissue with some cool stuff (extra music, lost tracks, studio clowning, and maybe some spoken stuff by Terry like on WEWH) that the last one didn't have. I might be willing to pay up to $60 then. Of course, the more advance notice the more likely it might be that I could preorder or at least order quickly after it came out.

My 2c.

Got a few miles left ...

04-06-2004 08:26 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Angry What chu talkin' bout, MF??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

First off, this was the stuff that sealed the deal for me four years ago. I went under and came up forever. I'm still blown away by the synthesis of theology and cool tuneage there. So y'r just wrong, wrong, wrong about that. Tongue Big Grin

Second: I don't know whether a reissue would be the same quality, but the original is great. Solid boards for the covers, good glossy stock for the pages (of which there are many). The only quibble is: Why not just have four pockets for four CDs rather than splitting Vox Humana for three pockets/CDs? But I play 'em through for the collective force anyway so it's not that terrible. Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
04-06-2004 08:52 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Ubique Epoque

RE: What chu talkin' bout, MF??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
First off, this was the stuff that sealed the deal for me four years ago. I went under and came up forever. I'm still blown away by the synthesis of theology and cool tuneage there. So y'r just wrong, wrong, wrong about that. Tongue Big Grin

Second: I don't know whether a reissue would be the same quality, but the original is great. Solid boards for the covers, good glossy stock for the pages (of which there are many). The only quibble is: Why not just have four pockets for four CDs rather than splitting Vox Humana for three pockets/CDs? But I play 'em through for the collective force anyway so it's not that terrible. Big Grin

I think I could really appreciate the Chronicles from the synthesis, lyric and literary standpoint. I have Vox Humana on cassette. I have heard some of the other songs on the others although I have yet to listen to them straight through. I guess my biggest hangup musically is that I was an 80s child for the most part and I just didn't like much of the music then in the first place. New Wave is just not my thing. The 80s drove me back to the late 60s and early 70s. The best thing I can think of about the 80s is that at least disco wasn't popular. Tongue

Sounds like a cool book. They should consider selling extra books for less $ too! I think I saw Audiori post that they had to split Vox Humana because of a restriction from the owner because they might decide to reissue it at some point and didn't want to risk the box set taking away from potential sales.

Got a few miles left ...

04-06-2004 09:05 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » $212.50

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH