Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Speaking of the Band that Won't go Away... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Speaking of the Band that Won't go Away...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Speaking of the Band that Won't go Away... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Anyone heard the CCM tribute to U2? Listening to it now and it's pretty good. It's Surfonic with an Irish twist.

You can't get away from good ole Derald D. Daugherty these days. He splashed his name all over this sucker. Welcome To Cashville Derri!

The City On A Hill projects really gave him chops. I guess the Choir went a lot further that DA/77s et al in making a name for themselves in the "scene".

By the way, have you heard his story on the bonus tracks of the Via Chicago dvd? His daughter's take on his "fame" is hilarious!

-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip

August 2005
04-19-2004 15:27 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So it's worth getting? Confused

04-19-2004 15:39 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I want my copy.

04-19-2004 15:40 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

But is it good? Confused

04-19-2004 15:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

It has Derald all over it, can it be anything else?

04-19-2004 15:44 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, good point! Pleased

04-19-2004 15:46 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy

Worth getting? Yeah. I'm a big "Boner ~n~ tha Boyz" fan so for me the fun is in the re-invention of the songs. Actually, many of the arrangements are strikingly similar to the originals except (gratefully) Derri's. His sound very different and very fresh.

By the way Dennis, thanks for changing your signature. I work in a Christian organization and I ended up either speeding through or skipping threads with your big fat beer so I won't be questioned. I liked the pic at home, but at work it was a nuisance.

Visualize Whirrled Peas

Z

August 2005

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by zippetydoodaddy: 04-19-2004 15:59.

04-19-2004 15:55 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
By the way Dennis, thanks for changing your signature. I work in a Christian organization and I ended up either speeding through or skipping threads with your big fat beer so I won't be questioned. I liked the pic at home, but at work it was a nuisance.

Visualize Whirrled Peas

Z

Man! I should change it back! Evil

Tongue

04-19-2004 16:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

So is that Dylan or has Enima-M done something bad to
himself? Justine Timberlake?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-19-2004 16:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
Worth getting? Yeah. I'm a big "Boner ~n~ tha Boyz" fan so for me the fun is in the re-invention of the songs. Actually, many of the arrangements are strikingly similar to the originals except (gratefully) Derri's. His sound very different and very fresh.

Visualize Whirrled Peas

Z

Sounds like it's time for more naked butts Tongue

04-19-2004 17:09 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy

I'm really not a pansy, in fact I'm rarely squeamish, but something about that booger spray and splash gif that was on bigdorks website made me hide my eyes every time!

Hide the Beer The Basturd's here!!

August 2005
04-19-2004 17:39 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Big Grin I didn't like that one much either Roll Eyes

04-19-2004 17:43 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

In The Name Of Love Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The whole disc is good but the best surprise was the Sixpence cover of "Love Is Blindness". I'm not out to unnecessarily bash Leigh and the band, but sometimes they seemed just TOO sunny and TOO happy.

Happy songs are fine, but any band that cannot express a wide range is handicapped. This cover showed they can pull off moodier sounds. Too bad they just broke up.

DwD
04-19-2004 23:05 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
The whole disc is good but the best surprise was the Sixpence cover of "Love Is Blindness". I'm not out to unnecessarily bash Leigh and the band, but sometimes they seemed just TOO sunny and TOO happy.

Happy songs are fine, but any band that cannot express a wide range is handicapped. This cover showed they can pull off moodier sounds. Too bad they just broke up.

DwD

I have a totally different take on sixpence. I think most of their stuff is moody lyrically. I know they had a couple of bubbly hits but I never felt that was their usual style.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
04-20-2004 09:36 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Speaking of the Band that Won't go Away...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH