Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Fearful Symmetry » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fearful Symmetry
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Question Fearful Symmetry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

does anyone HeRe, Have this or listened to it?

Fearful Symmetry , a Loss Of Balance

Anyone familiar with Deliverance founder Jimmy Brown's musical pilgrimmage knows how impactful Terry Scott Taylor and Eric Clayton have been. When the name of Jimmy's new band, Fearful Symmetry, also just happens to be the title of the final album in the
Alarma Chronicles, Daniel Amos' masterpiece
, something's going on here. As first evidenced on the 2002 indie release, This Sad Veil Of Tears, Jimmy moves further away from classic melodic metal, and further towards goth-electronica, and a vocal delivery reminiscent of both Terry and Eric. If you're an un-repentant metalhead pass this one up. If you have followed Jimmy on the pilgrimage from metal toward heavy electronica, you won't be disappointed. For fans of Saviour Machine, Mortal, Mad At the World, as well as Terry Taylor. Songs include: 'Intro (Don't Be Afraid),' 'Tension,' 'A Loss Of Balance,' 'Love My Way,' 'The Last Shred Of Decency,' 'Once Again,' 'Tikkun,' 'Offering,' 'I Won't Let You,' 'The Waters Of Alexandria,' and 'Don't Be Afraid (Reprise).' 11 songs
http://www.serpentmedia.com/whatpeoplersaying.htm

05-07-2004 13:48 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have been wanting to get that for a long time Tongue

05-07-2004 13:52 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

or fans of William Blake! Tongue

05-07-2004 15:13 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
or fans of William Blake! Tongue

Did someone say Blake?

TIGER, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder and what art
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand and what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? What dread grasp
Dare its deadly terrors clasp?

When the stars threw down their spears,
And water'd heaven with their tears,
Did He smile His work to see?
Did He who made the lamb make thee?

Tiger, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

05-07-2004 16:02 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

And

"The lust of the goat is the bounty of God."

Granted, this is not one of his better known or more widely embraced quotes...
05-07-2004 16:15 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Grand Encephalon

Pleased

05-07-2004 16:16 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Hey Dorfman!

Do you have a favorite Blake quote? Mind you, that one above is not my favorite. The man is downright odd at times.
05-07-2004 16:18 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Grand Encephalon

He cartainly was odd. I don't have any of blakes work but I have borrowed a few from the library. I like Song Of Innocence (is that what it was called?)

05-07-2004 16:25 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

You can probably read everything Blake ever wrote on the internet, because he's been dead for more than 50 years nobody owns (or can own) the copyright.

Check out Bartleby for a good selection
http://www.bartleby.com/101/483.html

Acually, my favorite Blake is:

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour

~ Kaf

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

05-07-2004 17:29 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Luteous Llama

Fearful Summetry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

On a related topic...

I enjoyed the Fearful Symmetry music at their web site above, but couldn't get to the "purchase" pages to check everything out.

As for FEARFUL SYMMETRY...

The fourth Album of the Alarma Chronicles is one of my favorites, perhaps my very favorite DA album.

Has anybody noticed the common themes between Fearful Symmetry and TST's "Knowledge and Innocence" - I swear I could listen to both of those Albums over and over and over again! I wish I could get them on CD! (Actually I managed to find K&I on CD once, so I've got that... but I still NEED the full Alarma Chronicles on CD!)

~ Kaf

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

05-07-2004 17:34 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

That is a great one. If i had any taste, i would have posted that instead of the randy goat.
05-07-2004 17:34 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Fearful Symmetry

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH