Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's funniest lines » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry's funniest lines
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Terry's funniest lines Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any thoughts on what are some of Terry's funniest lines? Me personally? I have to vote for "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" in the Eddies version of "God Good, Devil Bad" on Sacred Cows. I laugh at that everytime I hear it.

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
06-20-2002 21:58 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick
Any thoughts on what are some of Terry's funniest lines? Me personally? I have to vote for "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" in the Eddies version of "God Good, Devil Bad" on Sacred Cows. I laugh at that everytime I hear it.

That's a great one. Here's two of my favs:

"She's a bad dream / like an Adam's apple on a beauty queen."

"You can pretty much tell that he's lost weight by the depth of his footprints."
06-20-2002 22:28 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Über Parrot
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-20-2002
Location: I am Right.........all the time! Repent you lost sinners. Stop your swearing and cussing and drinking and R movies and smoking and laughing and having fun and those stoopid smiley faces

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

She's speaking like a gibbering foreigner
Got a cripple in her clutches
Seems to float like a gaudy angel on strings
Over wheel chairs and crutches

Evangeline

Ü

06-21-2002 17:08 Über Parrot is offline Send an Email to Über Parrot Search for Posts by Über Parrot Add Über Parrot to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
quote:

That's a great one. Here's two of my favs:

""You can pretty much tell that he's lost weight by the depth of his footprints."

that is a classic Pleased I have been playing my tape of OE quite a bit lately Wink

I also like "She's baking chocolate bibles, a witness to my unsaved father"

and "maybe your just full of regret"

and "see those legs, go on give 'em a feel"
Smile )

06-22-2002 15:38 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

She lives in the little green house
and drives an electric car
She's very good friends with the mouse next door
and the flowers in the yard...

Noelle - Motorcycle
06-23-2002 21:25
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Proud fathers cursing the fates, then
speaking in tongues

Buffalo Hills - Motorcycle

06-23-2002 21:31 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

and "see those legs, go on give 'em a feel"
Smile )

See that soul, give him the Word
See that jerk, gotta give him the bird
Big Grin

06-23-2002 21:33 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

I've heard you've got
A tender spot
For sweet talk
And tatooed men

I’m getting fat (olly oxen free)
This coke is flat (olly oxen free)

06-23-2002 23:04 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Frightened bovines Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Back to Scared Cows, I read with one reviewer a while back that the Eddies rendition of 'I love crap music' made him almost lose sphincter control.

For me, 'Cows' is just a fertile ground for a lot of very funny lines, such as:

'God Good, Devil Bad': sun hot, snow cold, socks stink, flowers don't..."
'Baby, Baby': that 'take me out to the ballgame' tune
'Tttthatan, bite the dutttht': the whole song, plus "Heigh-ho Silver, away..."
'Alcatraz': the sinister voice/laughing
'Big House': one of my favorite toons, Droopy, "what's going on here, I'm back in Alcatraz... I'm so depressed..."

You have to be in a weird mood for SC. But it makes everyone laugh who hears it!

Peace

06-24-2002 09:04 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

'God Good, Devil Bad': sun hot, snow cold, socks stink, flowers don't..."

There's other good bits in that song too:

"Don't you get it?"
"Are you stupid?"
06-24-2002 09:42 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

I wave to the people but the wind just blows them down
On the paper ground
They still smile

Props - Alarma
06-24-2002 10:15
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

I'm shocked no-one did this one already.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"The face of St. Paul in this -- BUTT roast
Assures me that I'm going -- up -- tooow -- heeeeaaven...."

-- "Urban Legends"

Come to think of it, that song's chock-full of good quotes --- "Kissinger is a beast from hell".... "The Antichrist does laundry on the East Coast"....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-24-2002 10:58 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jc
Luteous Llama

fer me Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

All-
gotta agree with Carl- OE has some of the weirdest lines
all of Pulpit masters is classic
going from ministry to money
but I am amazed at

Now the tent sags in the Texas heat
As she works the crowd into a frenzy
And an old man's rolling on the sawdust floor
In the throes of the demon of envy
And the organ music swells and the choir sings
An off-key Amazing Grace
Despite the body odor and the Texas flies
There's not a dry eye in the place

..well the whole song actually
and who else can conjour up a young man with
"an insufficient moustache"
Love and lata
JiMiNy
06-24-2002 12:57 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Hmm, JiMStEr.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Those "Evangeline" lines don't really fall under the auspices of Terry's funniest, but still.... can't you just SMELL yr charismatic background steppin' up and whackin' you upside the head in those lines??? I know I'VE got a knot the size of a good A-of-G leg stretchin' on the back of my head from 'em....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-24-2002 13:56 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

readin' this Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

makes me realize I have LOTS of catching up to do.

But I have taken the time to read DA's lyrics, and some have caught my eye (I am always fascinated by lyrics, being somewhat of a poet myself)

Oh, and I DO like this one:

Sometimes it's called 'The Righteous Mile'
Where holy Joes know how to dress in style
And only perfect couples walk the aisle
(so they say)

It's in the middle of 'Beulah-land'
And if you're not a wise and wealthy man
They'll put you on the payment plan
(so they say)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

06-24-2002 16:17 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

here are a few good ones....

"bibles dressed in spandex pants"
from "all the way to heaven"

and

"hold on to your hats and wear clean underwear "
from "big guns"

and

"on Fascist Island ,the reservoir is taking a leak "
from "hey, john wayne"

06-24-2002 16:36 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

funny lines.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

First of all it's amazing how some threads can appear dead on this MB and then pow they are back like parachute pants...
well anyway

here's my humble offering

"and the mummy's dancing geriatric style,
the amputees are rolling down the isles..."

there are more but that one just pops into my head
after the one already mentioned about the face of t. paul's fce in a butt roast, that one makes me laugh out loud just thinking about it.

Lucy
06-24-2002 16:50 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

quote:

Hmmm.... cows is sounding more interesting all the time.

Smile

~ Tempted Gus

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

06-24-2002 16:52 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

I don't know why, and maybe I'm a sick puppy. But for some reason I always get a chuckle when I hear:

"He said I wasn't going to heaven
then I'll see him down in hell"
(Theo's Logic)

Big Grin

Sorry....

Bad Gussy....

{WONK-WONK-WONK}

Bad, bad Gussy...

~Kaf

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

06-24-2002 16:54 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

Bad gussy....no posting
I like that too, it's sorta like that one up above a ways about giving someone the bird.

Lucy
06-24-2002 17:08 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's funniest lines

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH