Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Historic Early Da Recordings To Be Released! *Updated!* » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Historic Early Da Recordings To Be Released! *Updated!* 4 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yup, thats what I mean by HD being the possible next one
looked at. The idea would be to release sort of the ultimate
HD with all the tracks recorded at the time as bonus.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-28-2004 15:40 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Thread Starter Thread Started by Captain Pedantic
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

We've been told that there is a multitrack of Shotgun Angel
played live with an orchestra somewhere.

Sweet that is one I'd buy!!!

but then again I'd buyt hem all...

05-28-2004 16:41 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

HD!HD!HD!HD!
05-31-2004 10:52 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Since we've been talking about remastered, re-EQing (upping the volume), and all, will the re-released first album have any of the above? Or will the music on the disc be a straight reissue of the original Maranatha CD release?

06-02-2004 20:44 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Thread Starter Thread Started by Captain Pedantic

And how far away do we think it will be?

I'm holding my breath in anticipation.

06-02-2004 21:36 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

The orginal Marantha CD release is mastered very low. I just checked it out. I can always "fix" that myself if I have to, but I would love it if ya'll were able to do it.

06-02-2004 21:39 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have been playing DFBB with the new loud levels for about two days straight! I love it! It's like hearing the record for the first time! I love being able to really crank loud the songs I love so much! Cool

06-03-2004 07:49 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Yup, thats what I mean by HD being the possible next one
looked at. The idea would be to release sort of the ultimate
HD with all the tracks recorded at the time as bonus.

Is Norman gonna be a pain in the burro about this? Confused

06-03-2004 07:49 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
I have been playing DFBB with the new loud levels for about two days straight! I love it! It's like hearing the record for the first time! I love being able to really crank loud the songs I love so much! Cool

It does sound good louder. You can actually hear things you can't really hear on the original. For instance, you can hear all the little things at the beginning of Safety Net.

06-03-2004 08:21 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Administrator

Discussions are underway as what is the best solution.

The idea on Horrendous Disc is to team up with Norman as
Stonehill did for Welcome To Paradise.

There are going to be some really interessting things seeing the
light of day soon. The discussions currently are if we should do
this stuff as deluxe reissues the way Costello's Rhino releases
are done. Like the first album we are planning, a disc with the
album re-mastered and a disc of rarities. Or some sort of mass
box of rarities, as in XTC's 'Coat of many Cupboards', or maybe a
smaller box of rarities to go along with the other deluxe reissues.
This train is picking up speed.

Consistancy is a concern, the mass box of rarities would be a
crazy mess of who knows what that would not all fit together
really...if that matters. On the otherhand, the very early demos
from the Cardboard Scheme are not country like the first album.
So they don't fit with that release well either. It maybe a mixture
of the two, the demos that do fit with the albums - put there -
the ones that don't go in the accompaning box of outcasts.

Not sure yet what exactly will be ultimately decided.

On the Daniel Amos/Jubals Last Band deluxe reissue, we pretty
much have the artwork completed and ready, we are waiting on the
outcome of these discussions to know what bonus material will
go on this one. Most likely, it will be a mixture of Good Shepherd,
Jubals Last Band and Daniel Amos material.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-03-2004 08:49 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
quote:

It does sound good louder. You can actually hear things you can't really hear on the original. For instance, you can hear all the little things at the beginning of Safety Net.

Yeah, there is a bunch of cool stuff that was not very clear before like that.Cool I like the trippy part in "Pictures of the gone world."

Sure you could hear that kinda stuff with headphones, but how often can you afford the time to listen to headphones? Confused

06-03-2004 09:03 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Discussions are underway as what is the best solution.

The idea on Horrendous Disc is to team up with Norman as
Stonehill did for Welcome To Paradise.

There are going to be some really interessting things seeing the
light of day soon. The discussions currently are if we should do
this stuff as deluxe reissues the way Costello's Rhino releases
are done. Like the first album we are planning, a disc with the
album re-mastered and a disc of rarities. Or some sort of mass
box of rarities, as in XTC's 'Coat of many Cupboards', or maybe a
smaller box of rarities to go along with the other deluxe reissues.
This train is picking up speed.

Consistancy is a concern, the mass box of rarities would be a
crazy mess of who knows what that would not all fit together
really...if that matters. On the otherhand, the very early demos
from the Cardboard Scheme are not country like the first album.
So they don't fit with that release well either. It maybe a mixture
of the two, the demos that do fit with the albums - put there -
the ones that don't go in the accompaning box of outcasts.

Not sure yet what exactly will be ultimately decided.

On the Daniel Amos/Jubals Last Band deluxe reissue, we pretty
much have the artwork completed and ready, we are waiting on the
outcome of these discussions to know what bonus material will
go on this one. Most likely, it will be a mixture of Good Shepherd,
Jubals Last Band and Daniel Amos material.

Sounds awesome guys.

I am sure it will be great!Cool

06-03-2004 09:04 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

If it weren't for these credit card bills, I could be saving up right now to dip into the DA cornucopia about to spill over.

I hope there's some left after we pay this card off. Frown

06-03-2004 09:31 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
quote:

Obviously I've missed something here....

Mad

spill it Mark!

or I'll put you in another dress. Evil
06-03-2004 09:56 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I took the Darn Floor Big Bite CD and increased the dB's using a computer program to make it louder. It sounds really good!

06-03-2004 10:00 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
If it weren't for these credit card bills, I could be saving up right now to dip into the DA cornucopia about to spill over.

I hope there's some left after we pay this card off. Frown

Well the good thing is, we will be printing these ourselves.
anything we print oursleves we don't run out of as easy.
Imaginarium went through two printings, the second printing though
we didn't have all the copies. And it will be printed again.

Hopefully we will get into a position where we can keep a lot
of titles in stock.

06-03-2004 10:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
I took the Darn Floor Big Bite CD and increased the dB's using a computer program to make it louder. It sounds really good!

cool!

and how do I get my copy?
Tongue
06-03-2004 10:15 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I got mine from a fella in Texas! Cool

06-03-2004 10:32 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

You could send me a private message. I just don't want to step on the DA guys. Please make sure you purchase the official reissue.

06-03-2004 12:38 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Audiori is gonna sue you Shocked

06-03-2004 12:39 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Historic Early Da Recordings To Be Released! *Updated!*

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH