Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Historic Early Da Recordings To Be Released! *Updated!* » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Historic Early Da Recordings To Be Released! *Updated!* 4 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.504 Votes - Average Rating: 9.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Thread Starter Thread Started by Captain Pedantic
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I ordered as soon as I got the DANEWS email. I wonder if I'm the first?

05-13-2004 21:06 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't know. We've been busy getting it ready for the
manufacturer and editing the DVD stuff.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-14-2004 12:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

Just a quick update...

This project is expanding.. The release may be delayed
slightly because we're looking at turning it into a full
deluxe reissue of the first DA album + the Jubal's Last
Band stuff and other early DA live and demo recordings.
(We're still expecting to have it finished within the next
month, but we want to be sure to give everyone their
money's worth)

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-18-2004 15:21 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Just a quick update...

This project is expanding.. The release may be delayed
slightly because we're looking at turning it into a full
deluxe reissue of the first DA album + the Jubal's Last
Band stuff and other early DA live and demo recordings.
(We're still expecting to have it finished within the next
month, but we want to be sure to give everyone their
money's worth)

Now you Got my interest

Jubal's Last Band

Rare and never before heard recordings from the DA archives.. in 1972, Terry Taylor and three friends formed Jubal's Last Band. Over the next two years, that band would evolve into Daniel Amos. This collection includes rare demo and live recordings from the years leading up to DA's debut track for Maranatha! Records. (This release is currently being manufactured. Please allow 2-3 weeks for this item to ship) Note: The quality of each track varies since the source tapes are amateur recordings from the early 70's. We're doing what we can to make them as good as possible....$15.00 (CD)

so, how does that impact anyone who aready ordered?
is the $15 still the same, cause that would be a bargin.

I would order right now !!!

05-18-2004 15:27 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Administrator

We'd like to keep the $15 price if possible... if we
end up raising it, it will not affect those that order
at the current price. (They'll be getting a good deal)

05-18-2004 15:43 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Smile I ordered MiNe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

05-18-2004 15:51 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Sweet!

I have that on LP and CD-R - so it will be good to get a legal CD.

If need be I'll pay extra.

05-18-2004 15:54 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Administrator

This is how it all began...

05-18-2004 16:04 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
Sweet!

I have that on LP and CD-R - so it will be good to get a legal CD.

If need be I'll pay extra.

me too! Cool except for the LP part!

05-18-2004 16:08 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

I picked up the original, Shotgun Angel and Horrendous Disk on LP for 50 cents in total.

About a year before the CD re-issue of HD I was given another copy of HD by someone who hadn't played it in 15 years - perfect condition.

So I swapped it with someone - they gave me John Wayne and Surfonic Big Grin A year later Larry comes to the party and we have it on CD Big Grin

05-18-2004 16:12 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I have both the LP and CD.

05-18-2004 17:30 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Administrator

By the way, Terry found some 'once thought lost tapes'
recently. Some that were thought to have been taped over
at one point. Keep a slight eye to the door and your ears
to the wall... Wink

There will soon be updates as to what he found... Shocked

05-19-2004 09:49 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
We'd like to keep the $15 price if possible... if we
end up raising it, it will not affect those that order
at the current price. (They'll be getting a good deal)

I will order tonight and hope the price is not raised by then.

Guys, this might be something else to think about. In order to generate a quick response (and associated $), why not offer maybe a $5 discount on some of the projects (exact amount to be determined by scope of project - maybe $3 for a traditional length CD) BEFORE they are done, like when preorders start? This would encourage procrastinators and fence-sitters to get off their butts a little quicker (and yes I am guilty too). You could say that for the first 2 weeks or month or something that a discount will apply and then it will be back to regular price. In order to fully capture $ you could also have a full price order button as well, for those that could and would rather give the full $ amount.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
05-19-2004 09:51 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yup, good idea. This release is starting to end up that way
after growing beyond our original plans.

Things are going to be handled differently than they have
been in the past. Those wheels have already started to turn.

05-19-2004 09:54 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

In the words of Bano-
I odored.

In the words of Jiminy-
I ordered.

(I have an..ahem..copy of DA/DA
I would love a sweet re-issue- it is one I DO listen to in my rotation.)

Cmon- you can't get a decent Pizza for that price......

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-19-2004 12:24 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
By the way, Terry found some 'once thought lost tapes'
recently. Some that were thought to have been taped over
at one point. Keep a slight eye to the door and your ears
to the wall... Wink

There will soon be updates as to what he found... Shocked

Don't tell me hes the Real "Clarence", the sax player from the Beatles...........

(for you Eddie Murphy fans-one of my all time favorite skits)

05-19-2004 12:26 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Audiori...You guys are the coolest!!! Tongue Tongue Tongue

05-19-2004 12:30 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Shocked daniel amos Spam from DaLe :-) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I sent this e-mail to some friends Tongue

http://www.danielamos.com/store/

2004 The Eddies triumphant return! Preorder
$20

Daniel Amos Deluxe Reissue / Jubal's Last Band
At this time, this release is expected to be a
Deluxe reissue of DA's first album plus
Rare and never before heard recordings
from the DA archives..
$15

in the words of Jiminy "I ordered."
"Cmon- you can't get a decent Pizza for that price..."

I ordered MiNe - DaLe

05-19-2004 12:39 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

I know I'm going to regret this in the morning... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have succumbed to DaLe's DAMB SPAM...

I already own DA / DA on LP and CD and never listen to it...so why not buy another copy. I also purchased a disc today, that I promised myself I wouldn't buy - DEDT Christmas. Don't know if I'll ever listen to any of this, but hopefully I've done my part in hastening the production of the new Eddies disc.

I would have loved to pre-purchased the MBD DVD, but that doesn't seem to be available at the web store yet.

-jolly
05-19-2004 13:20 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Jolly-
wazup?

That daLe can be a persuasive fellow-

I mean- there were two spooky lookin guys in nice suits and sunglasses standing by my office door when I came back from lunch- since they let me back in - I thought it best to just comply.

(It was actually them that mentioned the pizza.....)

05-19-2004 14:15 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (8): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Historic Early Da Recordings To Be Released! *Updated!*

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH