Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DFBB Re-Issue » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DFBB Re-Issue 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
If any recording was meant to be played loud, it is DFBB.

What did Q say? "Great F*ckin' Noise?"Tongue

I had forgot that quote. Yes, I can agree with this.

05-26-2004 11:13 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I've thought of trying this myself. I think a program I have will also do this.

Well, that would be coolCool

Motorcycle is nice & loud! Smile )

I'm doing this right now. I just figured out how and did the first song. I'll continue and then burn it to a disc. Hopefully, by cranking the decibels so high, I won't be causing too much distortion. I'll let you know how it goes.

05-26-2004 13:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I just completed a Darn Floor Big Bite CD complete with higher decibels. It does sound much better. I'm going to have to go try it in my car. That's where I can best tell the difference between remastered or re-EQ'd CD's. I can tell by the volume number I usually listen to CD's on.

05-26-2004 13:44 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by dennis

Let me know how it works in your car!

05-26-2004 13:49 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I just tried it out. It sounds pretty darn good on preliminary listening. I put in the original and turned my volume to 56. Then I put in my new version and left the volume the same. It was an amazing difference. Everything can be heard more clearly. Now I need to find time to really listen to make sure things aren't distorted. It didn't seem to be.

I made this by using my ACID Music 3.0 program. First I had to save the DFBB tracks into the ACID program format. Then I took each track, increased the dB's all the way, then saved it as a .wav file. I was afraid increasing the dB's all the way might cause some distortion. It didn't really seem to. Next I used Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 to burn the CD. A piece of cake.

Heck, this was so cool, now I need to ponder what other favorite CD's in my collection that have never been remastered or re-EQ'd, I should do.

05-26-2004 14:06 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I have heard that you can mix a CD into the reds and it will not distort...
Now we know! Pleased

05-26-2004 14:38 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

You know. I thought of trying this before, but never tried it (though not necessarily with this CD). I'm glad ya'll have been discussing it on this thread and since I'm off work this week and next, I decided to try it.

05-26-2004 14:42 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I ought to do this to Mark Heard - High Noon.

It is probably the worst sounding CD, in terms of volume, that I have and have ever heard. It really is pitiful that it was released like it was.

05-26-2004 15:18 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

My Ideola CD was really, really weird about how it was recorded.
It won't even play in some CD players.

Fearful Symmetry was one of the first CDs I owned, I had payed
like $200 for a portable CD player that was like a brick, had hard
corners on it, about 4 inches think and weighed about 10 pounds.
Great big giant battery pack that lasted about 2 hours then had
to be recharged for 12 hours. Wow.... back in the day...

Audiori J

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-26-2004 15:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I ought to do this to Mark Heard - High Noon.

It is probably the worst sounding CD, in terms of volume, that I have and have ever heard. It really is pitiful that it was released like it was.

That is a quiet one too.

05-26-2004 15:34 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
My Ideola CD was really, really weird about how it was recorded.
It won't even play in some CD players.

Fearful Symmetry was one of the first CDs I owned, I had payed
like $200 for a portable CD player that was like a brick, had hard
corners on it, about 4 inches think and weighed about 10 pounds.
Great big giant battery pack that lasted about 2 hours then had
to be recharged for 12 hours. Wow.... back in the day...

Audiori J

Good times! Tongue

05-26-2004 15:34 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
quote:
The re-released Lost Dogs Scenic Routes sounds so much better than the original version.

I just have the original! Wink

Man are you missin' out! Tongue Wink

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
05-26-2004 17:11 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
quote:

and i remember somebody saying that it grabs you by the b*lls! Tongue

Sorry guys, but I don't remember DFBB grabbin' me by the balls! Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
05-26-2004 17:12 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

while lower volumes seem wrong....they actually have more dynamic range.

the way cds are manufactured now-a-days, with no dynamic range, is quite upsetting. everyone is competing to see who's record will sound loudest on the radio....not who has written the best song. Frown

the best solution is to reduce the volume on you other cds....of course many people like to set their eq in the "happy face" position......which is just as bad. eq is about reducing noise and sculpting not adding....what is usually noise. and just for the record, i usually just boost the level....but it is better to reduce the level. Smile

btw, for those of you who use windows.......there is a great program (musicmatch) which has the best volume leveling software that i have used. on the other hand itunes volume leveler sucks.

05-26-2004 17:54 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I'm sure you are right wes, but Mark Heard High Noon was just plain done poorly. I know I've even read about others opinions on the web.

What I did to DFBB today was kind of fun. It does sound great in my car. On my home stereo, if I crank it up so loud that you can hear it outside, then the bass is a little much. But it was a fun experience.

In my house I can just turn up my stereo for any CD. In my car I almost have to turn the volume up close to the top with High Noon to hear it loud. As I mentioned I often listen to an average CD on my car stereo on anywhere between 46-56 volume level. High Noon I have to crank it to 70 to hear it at the same level that other CD's play at. The stereo only goes to 80.

Speaking of remastered CD's, when will Universal ever remaster U2's CD's? Many of them are badly in need of remastering. Individual tracks are remastered on their Best Of CD's. I have the Mobile Fidelity gold CD's and they sound good, but remastering has come a long way since Mobile Fidelity remastered War, The Unforgettable Fire, and The Joshua Tree.

05-26-2004 23:14 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Vox Robotica
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpg

Registration Date: 06-19-2003

I guess us have nots will have to imagine what a remastered copy of DFBB would sound like, huh?

Crying

Tongue

Big Grin

"The systems fail
All the circuits blown
And the message lost in this machine oh

05-26-2004 23:36 Vox Robotica is offline Send an Email to Vox Robotica Homepage of Vox Robotica Search for Posts by Vox Robotica Add Vox Robotica to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr YIM Account Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr View the MSN Profile for Vox Robotica
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Hmmmmmmm dont be too sure.

What would people think of other reissues like the first
album one we are doing now with a second disc of special
stuff?

Audiori J

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-27-2004 12:02 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I'm sure you are right wes, but Mark Heard High Noon was just plain done poorly. I know I've even read about others opinions on the web....

In my house I can just turn up my stereo for any CD. In my car I almost have to turn the volume up close to the top with High Noon to hear it loud. As I mentioned I often listen to an average CD on my car stereo on anywhere between 46-56 volume level. High Noon I have to crank it to 70 to hear it at the same level that other CD's play at.

Yuppers. When I think "ridiculously lowly mastered CDs," High Noon tops the list (although his other late ones, honestly, aren't much better). I have to put the PC on 10 to hear it close to properly. Thank God it's still worth it. Big Grin

Oh, back on topic: Uh, yeah, a louder-mastered DFBB with extra tuneage? I SUPPOSE I can live with that.... Roll Eyes Red Face

Shocked

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-27-2004 12:15 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Thumb Up! CooL Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Hmmmmmmm dont be too sure.

What would people think of other reissues like the first
album one we are doing now with a second disc of special
stuff?

Cool CooL

05-27-2004 12:37 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
quote:

and i remember somebody saying that it grabs you by the b*lls! Tongue

Sorry guys, but I don't remember DFBB grabbin' me by the balls! Tongue

well, that because... ah... you... ah...

nevemind! Shocked

05-27-2004 15:45 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DFBB Re-Issue

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH