Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DFBB Re-Issue » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DFBB Re-Issue 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Hmmmmmmm dont be too sure.

What would people think of other reissues like the first
album one we are doing now with a second disc of special
stuff?

I would buy them - even if I had the disk all ready.

05-27-2004 15:46 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by dennis
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Hmmmmmmm dont be too sure.

What would people think of other reissues like the first
album one we are doing now with a second disc of special
stuff?

I like the special stuff being on a another disc...
I like the album seperate from the stuff!Pleased

05-27-2004 15:47 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Yes, and keeping the price down as much as possible.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-27-2004 15:55 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Yes yes yes.

What bugged me about the M8 release of Shotgun Angel is that after the quality of the side 2 stuff it goes immediatly into rough live out of place songs. Those songs could have gone at the beginning of disk 2.

05-27-2004 15:58 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
quote:

Yes yes yes.

What bugged me about the M8 release of Shotgun Angel is that after the quality of the side 2 stuff it goes immediatly into rough live out of place songs. Those songs could have gone at the beginning of disk 2.

Yeah I don't like that.

They did that with the first Femmes CD too.

05-27-2004 16:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

The volume level on MH's Second Hand always bugged me (DBD, too).

But on the other hand, while getting a great, crisp, loud mix is good on cd, I've been buying up a lot of out of print LP's of all our favorites. Half of the appeal is that the quality reminds me of when I used to listen to Kasey Kasem on am radio when I was a kid. Yeah, the quality glows with warmth sometimes, but wholistically you can't beat the noise that needle makes! You can't beat Do It For Love or Mall (All Over the World) or the 2nd Chapter of Acts first two albums on vinyl. I don't have DFBB on cd, never did, but I did buy a mint LP copy, and I don't think I'd trade it for a cd.

Big Grin
05-29-2004 10:04 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

DFBB sounds great on LP.
Very Loud!Cool

06-03-2004 15:21 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Neil Young always said he hated CD's. He preferred vinyl and would rather his albums not be released on CD because they sound so bad. I see that 2 or 3 of his albums are on DVD-A.

I have some SACD's and DVD-A's. Let me tell you, they sound waaaaayyy better than CD's. In some ways I really like the hybrid SACD's best, because I can then play them in my car besides just on my SACD/DVD-A player on my stereo.

06-03-2004 15:34 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I have heard that LPs sound so good because they have a pre-amp to get the volume up to line level.

Bob Dylan Hates CDs too.

06-03-2004 15:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by mindgasket
The volume level on MH's Second Hand always bugged me (DBD, too).

But on the other hand, while getting a great, crisp, loud mix is good on cd, I've been buying up a lot of out of print LP's of all our favorites. Half of the appeal is that the quality reminds me of when I used to listen to Kasey Kasem on am radio when I was a kid. Yeah, the quality glows with warmth sometimes, but wholistically you can't beat the noise that needle makes! You can't beat Do It For Love or Mall (All Over the World) or the 2nd Chapter of Acts first two albums on vinyl. I don't have DFBB on cd, never did, but I did buy a mint LP copy, and I don't think I'd trade it for a cd.

Big Grin

interesting... I may have to dust off the old turntable soon...
and test this out...

06-03-2004 15:40 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Administrator

I don't think it will be long before this album is reissued either.

It is definately one that needs to be.

Audiori J

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-03-2004 16:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
quote:

Yes yes yes.

What bugged us is, we made the pre-mastered master CDRs and they
were on the second disc. The second disc and bonus cuts actually sound
worse than the copy we sent. I mean the source material is rough to
begin with, but we were told it would be mastered so we did nothing to
make it sound better. Then when we got them, they actually sound
worse.

If anyone has clean copies of any rarities, radio shows or whatever,
now is the time to get them to Terry, Tom or us. We all three are
cataloging what we all have so we know where the best quality of
each track is...so we can use them as bonus material.

We had someone tell us they had better quality copies of the shows
that were used on Shotgun Angel.....after it was printed. If anyone has
stuff like that, the band could use it.

Audiori J

06-03-2004 16:21 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:

you guys have been saying that for 3 years.... i hope it's true this time... Frown

06-03-2004 16:45 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Cool

06-04-2004 14:43 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:

you guys have been saying that for 3 years.... i hope it's true this time... Frown

Well... we haven't been saying it for 3 years...

Audiori J

06-04-2004 14:48 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Confused really? Confused

Maybe is just seems like it!

06-04-2004 14:51 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Confused really? Confused

Maybe is just seems like it!

Well, what I mean is - we may have been saying
it - but only when we were told it was coming. We
even had the artwork ready once.. we just never
got word of where to send it.

It's more likely to happen now.

Audiori J

06-04-2004 15:05 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

awesome!Cool

I am more than a little bit obsessed with that record.

06-04-2004 15:18 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

06-04-2004 16:47 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Audiori,

So with all these reissues going to happen, does this mean that the guys own and have the rights to release all these now, with the exception of Horrendous Disc?

06-04-2004 19:25 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DFBB Re-Issue

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH