Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma Records » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Alarma Records
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hehe..

The word "execrable" and some of the other wacky wording in these posts is caused by the funtime, happy hour, DAmb word-replacing-thingamatraption.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-01-2005 20:43 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by eddie p
I don't get the monkees reference.
I heard Beatles and Amos influences, but if you say it was Monkees influenced , well who were the Monkees influenced by. The Beatles. The first song I heard was Waiting for the Son and I heard a U2 sound in there somewhere.

I see them as pretty different bands though... although The Monkees were sort of a copy of the Beatles, they didn't really successfully break out of the jangly-pop stuff the way the Beatles did. I mean it's hard to pin any certain style on the Beatles, but if you say someone sounds like the Monkees a very specific sound comes to mind.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-01-2005 20:45 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
eddie p eddie p is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 09-30-2004

I see your meaning now. After I said that I put Door Into Summer in and went and took and old fashioned dump while I listened. I think maybe now I've unclogged some areas that were hindering me from thinking clearly.

04-01-2005 21:28 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma Records

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH